What's the real deal?

Ok I've read a lot about the problems of queuing and the amount of people at the show, but what's the the truth? I'm going on Sunday.

Any problems with early bird tickets? If you're in the queue before 9:00am how long does it take to get in? Say if you arrive at 9:30?

Carrie fisher what number VT did she go up to? I read Stan was 400, that's understandable he's 90!!

Any photo shoot problems, delays?

Umm we arrived at 8.10am and the queue for early bird (pre purchased) tickets had already done a lap around the arena. By 8.40 it had doubled back on itself right to the front of the queue again. So it was big.

We were in by 9.10.

There were hoards of people, and I think that it wasn't helped by how rude some folk were. Banging and bashing and being generally annoyed. We were all in the same boat, no need to be doughy about it :/

• Like 1

I got there around 8:20 and got in at 9:30. Picked up my VT's as soon as I got in and had no problems. However, it was a close call for some or my autos I was number 422 for Summer Glau! If you get there early I think you will be fine. It might not be as busy tomorrow. Good luck!!

I got there for just before 8:30 (pre-paid Early Bird) and got in around 9:45 which I think was good going considering. To be honest I had no problems from EC staff who directed me the right way & made sure I was in the right queue. SM 'Volunteers' (not seen that before) made 2 runs up my part of the queue making sure we all had pre-paid Early Bird tickets. But it was a long queue back round the far end of the whole Earl's Court complex & can only imagine it'll be the same tomorrow.

When I left Carrie Fisher was 'back' up to VQ 350 & that was 15:45'ish'. The crew were telling people 900 VQ tickets had been given out & they were not going to get anywhere near that many people through. I know she was only there a limited amount of time & had to get a photo shoot in as well, but I think she signed throughout the day with no break for lunch.

Think the hold up may have been down to 1/ her own engaging nature, wanting to have a few words with everyone 2/ people with multiple items, VQ 350 isn't a lot but if everyone has 3 items that's 1050 signatures 3/ photo's & personalisations which were stopped after the VQ had gone from 350 to 250...that's another story.

Personally I think if a guest is only there a short amount of time then maybe we should be limited to one item per person or per VQ ticket, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.

Can't help on the photo shoots as I didn't have any.

P.S. when I said I hadn't seen 'volunteers' before I meant the guys outside wearing the armbands & not the ridiculously hard working crew members who do all this for free & apparently enjoy it...the crazy, couldn't do without them, fools!

• Like 1

Ok I've read a lot about the problems of queuing and the amount of people at the show, but what's the the truth? I'm going on Sunday.

Any problems with early bird tickets? If you're in the queue before 9:00am how long does it take to get in? Say if you arrive at 9:30?

Carrie fisher what number VT did she go up to? I read Stan was 400, that's understandable he's 90!!

Any photo shoot problems, delays?

I thought the event was utter chaos, way more busier than last year. I got a VT ticket no.890 for Carrie Fisher at 10:30am. When I went to see her at just before 4:00pm they told me she was getting ready to leave, the VT was only up to 400 (luckily the staff did let me be the last one to go in - thanks John!)

People were still queueing to buy tickets at 5pm! At around 12.00pm the venue got so unbearably hot and so ridiculously packed with people, you couldn't really do anything, you couldn't browse the stalls or navigate your way around anywhere.

My advice is to get there as early as possible, wear something comfortable and cool, and bring plenty of drinking water!

• Like 2

Big shout out to the crew running photo area D. Had most of my 12 shoots there and everything ran like a dream. Good queuing system with well announced information.

All the crew were working their socks off today in very trying conditions. Hats of to all of them :clap:

• Like 1

I only had one issue today and that was down to lack of communication, which even the crew admitted to and that was in regards to Jenna Coleman's lunch break. However, the crew were fantastic when we returned and let us pass those waiting to pay, as we already had.

Otherwise, we had no issues, got through all my photo shoots fine and met quite a few people. Personally think the crew did a stand up job considering it was one of the busiest shows they have had!

Also need to say thanks to the team on the Organisers' Desk! They sorted us very quickly as they remembered us from previous conventions so there was no need to do any explaining of what I needed as they already knew! So thank you!!!!

My advice is always get an early bird ticket, arrive at the event no latter than 8.30. Once in go and get all the VQ tickets and then just go with a plan. It never fails me and I met 15 guests today including Stan. Today I went straight into ec2 to get my VQ's and then when straight over to Stan for his VQ. I was in by 9.10 and I had all my VQ's by 9.25