Chance of Stan Lee autograph on Sat/Sun?

Hi,

(Sorry to add to the panic) but just wanted to check if you guys think this is a realistic plan for getting an autograph from Stan as I'm a first time LFCC go-er and am stressing that I might not get a chance.

Basically I'm looking to get a comic signed by Stan as soon as I can and afterwards get an autograph from as many of the GoT cast as possible.

I'll be travelling down from Birmingham on Saturday morning for the Saturday and Sunday and at the moment I've got a standard ticket for both days but I'm looking to upgrade to an early bird for Sunday when we arrive on the Saturday.

My plan is to queue in the Stan Lee autograph line and get a VT as soon as we arrive (at about 11am) but I know that's hopeful, however I'm hoping to get to the con at about 7:30 on Sunday (providing I can get an early bird ticket) and start queuing at that time if I don't manage to get an autograph on Saturday. I've also got a photo shoot ticket already for Stan on the Sunday so I'm hoping I'll have time for both because I've been reading the forum and it's looking doubtful from what I've read. :(

So basically, what I'm asking is, do you think that's a realistic plan? (as I know it's such a busy weekend this time around) and I really just want some kind of plan for my group to make sure I get to meet Stan and get an autograph and get everything else done that we want to do.

Thanks very much for the help!

Obviously we don't know how busy it will be. However, if you have an early bird for Sunday and get to EC1 for 7.30am. I would say that you will very likely meet Stan. Can't say you definitely will, as it's impossible to day. But if it were me arriving at time I would be confident :)

I think upgraded to an early bird for the sunday is very good idea and will significantly increase your chances. So if you can do that on the Saturday, do it. As you will need a pre paid early entry ticket to get into EC1 at 9am on Sunday.

Sorry to jump on your post, but is it likely that I will get a low enough VQ to get signed if we arrive and queue fro about 6:30 on saturday. We are only attending for the Saturday and the main reason is Stan Lee

• Moderators

No one can guarantee anything - there are so many unknown factors that we can't predict - but I think you're in with at least a chance if you arrive fairly early and can stick around all (or at least almost all) of the day.

Stan Lee is an incredibly fast signer, it will be conveyor belt like for most part I would suggest but most people will get to meet him I have no doubt (unless you turn up at like 5.55)

Edited by snot182

With the additional signing tomorrow for those already with entry tickets, I think it will make more possible for people to be successful in getting his autograph over the weekend, but I still wouldn't hold your hopes as others have said, there are factors to consider.

Great, thanks for the help guys, just wanted some kind of hopeful words just to calm myself but I'll just try and get there as early as possible on the Sunday and I can imagine Stan's one hell of a fast signer since he's been doing it for so long.

Thanks anyway though! Sorry if you've heard this question a million times already, haha.

When I met stan in the US last year it was very well oiled machine .....his management took the items from the first 10 or so people then let them in after he had started signing....you got to the table said hello and we're ushered out. While this was going on they continued taking the next 10 items and so on. It worked really well so no one was disappointed

• Like 1

Great news, thanks! Also I'm guessing if I've got a comic in a Mylar bag I'll be expected to take it out of the bag in preparation to get it signed? Thanks again guys, good luck to you this weekend!

Yes, you will be expected to have everything you want signed out and ready to sign.

At 6.30am you would be very likely considering how early that is lol

Noo, 7:30am, haha. Hopefully that's early enough though, will genuinely be devastated if I don't get an autograph on the Sunday (if not the Saturday).