Sign in to follow this  
showmasters

Latest Guest Announcement - RALPH MACCHIO

perhaps thats because I'm a child of the eighties (although I was actually born in the seventies) so for me this is a HUGE deal.

See I'm only a year younger than you, but don't think I've ever seen it. I'm aware of the main characters, but that's really all.

I think my younger sister may have been a fan.

I highly recommend that you do, but PLEASE do not watch the remake. The original eighties version is practically flawless, but yep.

I second this.

I have boycotted the remake.

The original has everything you could ever want in a movie (in my opinion). Great characters (both goodies and baddies), great story, action, love interest and an awesome soundtrack.

I still haven't decided whether to cosplay as Johnny or not, yet. I wouldn't want Ralph to think it was disrespectful

Edited by CobraKaiNeverDies

perhaps thats because I'm a child of the eighties (although I was actually born in the seventies) so for me this is a HUGE deal.

See I'm only a year younger than you, but don't think I've ever seen it. I'm aware of the main characters, but that's really all.

I highly recommend that you do, but PLEASE do not watch the remake. The original eighties version is practically flawless, but yep.

I second this.

I have boycotted the remake.

The original has everything you could ever want in a movie (in my opinion). Great characters (both goodies and baddies), great story, action, love interest and an awesome soundtrack.

I still haven't decided whether to cosplay as Johnny or not, yet. I wouldn't want Ralph to think it was disrespectful

Was a film I used to watch religiously, I think its fair to say that at one point I could recite it word for word.

As to cosplay as Johnny, personally I don't think it would be a problem for him as RIGHT at the end of the movie- hang on.

SPOILER ALERT!

Johnny actually does give Daniel the trophy and the look on his face as he says:

"You're not bad Larusso." sees the antagonists redemption, the fact he (the bully cum defeated) gave the victim the trophy says it all. But, I don;t think it would be disrespectful.

I'd say it's far from flawless... but still a 1000 times better than the remake though. And I usually like Jackie Chan :(

I'm really looking forward to meeting Ralph Macchio though

Cant' wait to meet Ralph. Karate Kid and Enter the Dragon are the reason i started Martial Art's up all those years ago. Got my 1st Dan and still enjoying it to this day, I just hope that SM let me do the pose I want to do as it's an ongoing thing me and friends do at every Convention / Signing Event we meet up at!!

"Wax On, Wax Off". :ninja:

I know he won't, but how awesome would it be if he brought the All Valley trophy and/or legendary headband with him?! Would be amazing for the photoshoot!

are you taking a spunge & a bucket? :D

Ahhhh now that would be telling wouldn't it!! :P