Oscars 2014 (One of the BEST ever)

KingRichard76

Ellen decided to get a Selfie with one or two showbiz chums...

BhxWe36IMAAFOqu_zpse9b5b21c.jpg

And has outtweeted the selfie President Barack Obama took a few years ago... And becomes THE most retweeted Twitter post EVER!

BhxWutnCEAAtEQ6_zpsc82056bd.jpg

And (naturally) broke Twitter in the process...

Pizza was ordered, for Harrison Ford.

Bhxa7LIIMAA7zP9_zps71e01002.jpg

And as always Annie Hathaway looked incredible!

1904263_10153857517525258_1652011710_n_zps60864859.jpg

Respects were paid to many including Bill Murray who made a tearjerking tribute to the brains of the Ghostbusters.

Bhxism8IYAAJqmQ_zps25e45011.jpg

Angelina Jolie Sidney Poitier received a standing ovation for announcing Best Director.

BhxrBxUIIAAA1-8_zpsb26c45e0.jpg

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 1

Looked great just wish it was available to watch for all of us, i tried to find anything on the internet last night (and couldn't) as nothing on tv. The Oscars are seen in every country in the world yet here you have to have sky (and pay for it) and there is no highlight show on any terrestrial channel totally ridiculous, if it was football and we were in it would be shown on every channel of course!.

Edited by buffy2k

I agree; it was one if the best ceremonies in a long time.

Buffy - it was shown online via Sky Movies; you could have watched on a PS3 or PC/laptop or even a phone, via a 30 day free trial, which is what I did.

I saw the 30 day trial thing but are you then signed up to sky? we aren't that technical in our house, got rid of sky years ago as too expensive and i dont have a phone capable or ps3. My laptop is kinda old but may have been able to cope with it. I shall look at that next year as it really annoys me every year and looks like i missed a really good night.

I saw the 30 day trial thing but are you then signed up to sky? we aren't that technical in our house, got rid of sky years ago as too expensive and i dont have a phone capable or ps3. My laptop is kinda old but may have been able to cope with it. I shall look at that next year as it really annoys me every year and looks like i missed a really good night.

You aren't signed up to Sky contract at all - you can just cancel whenever you like. Last year the quality wasn't great (kept buffering and pixellating), so after the awards, I cancelled and it didn't cost me a penny. This year, the quality of the broadcast was excellent and I'm even tempted to keep Sky for a few months now.

Edited by keithporter23

Had fun at work during the nightshift placing bets on who would win what and following the live feed on the BBC - completely agree with the Sky Monopoly. would have loved to watch it but not paying for it. I used my free trial last year so can't do so again...

Sky show it as they are prepared to pay the asking price from the Oscars broadcasters, you'll get nothing for free from the Americans, it simply goes to the highest bidder and thats Sky.Its a huge chunk of money but as Sky have a contract with most of the film companies to show their films first and its such a huge part of their income ( people subscribing to sky movies etc),its proberbly worth it (even though it reaches a minority audience )most of the Oscar nominated films will be on Sky first if you haven't seen them at the Cinema so for them its like an advert of whats to come for subscribers.Unfortunately neither the BBC or ITV want to stump up the money. Especially as they are no longer the braodcasters that most people watch new films with and films generally these days just fill out their schedules.Usually the only time you see a new film on BBC or channel 4 etc is when they have part funded it. Its also why you have so few movie related shows on the BBC/ITV etc because the films companies know these companies won't buy the end product. Anyone noticed that the 'red carpet film Premiere' shows that used to be on ITV are now coming up on Sky. Sky are are paying for the events to be staged, ITV won't pick up the bill.

Hugely entertaining show apart from the endless commercial breaks that left us with Alex Zane prattling on.Apart from that loved the 'Pizza' bit and the selfies, great performances, make our Baftas look tame and amateurish . O.k ,its pointless comparing films and one performace being rewarded for being better than another when it only comes down to opinions and what you like or not but anything that celebrates films is fine by me. roll on next year.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1