Cosplay

carnosoul

swany your winter solider costume looks amazing :smile: captain sparrow is it okay if i can get a picture with you as i couldnt get one last year as it got super busy ? :smile:

Ofcourse you can!!! :) tbh it's mad how busy it gets and what pisses me off is some folk pure skip the line to have a pic with you :) if you see me please come right up and say hi! Last year I was having me lunch at KFC and folk were bugging me for pictures! I had to politely tell them to get hahahaha

• Like 3

Ahoy folks! Give you a wee laugh! Was doing a gig down the riverside museum for the clyde stride and stumbled on this vid of me dancing to gangnam style hahaha embarrassed wasn't even the word!!

How did you get the video on here cap'n

I've actually had time to do some of my cosplay, which was surprising! The first time I cut out my blades, the blade on the knife I was using was ridiculously blunt, so the edges were really ragged.
However, I found a spare blade that was brand new and now I have the first piece of my blades and I'm pretty proud of them for a first time prop maker!

tumblr_n63h1jzVgH1tbztoyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n63h1jzVgH1tbztoyo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n63jdyTLFS1tbztoyo1_1280.png

My next step is sanding the edges and cutting out the foam details, but I've got until August, so I'll just take my time :-)

• Like 1

I've actually had time to do some of my cosplay, which was surprising! The first time I cut out my blades, the blade on the knife I was using was ridiculously blunt, so the edges were really ragged.

However, I found a spare blade that was brand new and now I have the first piece of my blades and I'm pretty proud of them for a first time prop maker!

tumblr_n63h1jzVgH1tbztoyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n63h1jzVgH1tbztoyo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n63jdyTLFS1tbztoyo1_1280.png

My next step is sanding the edges and cutting out the foam details, but I've got until August, so I'll just take my time :-)

Your swords look awesome Laird :smile:

swany your winter solider costume looks amazing :smile: captain sparrow is it okay if i can get a picture with you as i couldnt get one last year as it got super busy ? :smile:

Ofcourse you can!!! :) tbh it's mad how busy it gets and what pisses me off is some folk pure skip the line to have a pic with you :) if you see me please come right up and say hi! Last year I was having me lunch at KFC and folk were bugging me for pictures! I had to politely tell them to get hahahaha

Thanks Captain :smile: I know what you mean when it got busy people were actually stepping over my nephew in his buggy to get to the stalls

Hi everyone, It's been a while since I've been on the forums.

For those who went to Collectormania Glasgow last year on the Saturday, I was the guy dressed the Joker (animated series) with the homemade-style Joker Bomb with the face painted it on it.

For this year's cosplay, I'll be doing something more in the anime genre this year. On the Saturday, I'll be going as Mephisto Pheles from the anime 'Blue Exorcist', and on the Sunday, I'll be Sanji from 'One Piece'.

hey everyone been a while since i posted here but Day 2 of collectormania the glasgow cosplay group have dubbed 'Pirate day' We are all doing pirate cosplays, from tv shows, animes, games. If anyone wants to join us then let me know, trying to get as many different types of pirates as possible

• Like 3

Finished my Winter soldier and debuted at London this show. Deffo think I'll be wearing this at Collectormania because I love it so. Will still try to make Pyramid Head but I've half promised a friend I'd make an Xmen cosplay and dunno if I can still afford it.

Though PH is cheapest fabric, paints and cardboard so we'll see. It's more the issue of storing it at home that has me stumped. Might have to postpone that one too, and it's bumming me out.

Anyways. PIC.

10411226_10152462031820460_9208870599043

Wow huge pic. All credit to Tumblr user agentphilippacoulson for taking the pic. She was awesome enough to tail our group for most of the weekend and take awesome SHIELD, Xmen and Winter Soldier pics. Also she knew how to direct us, I've seen few photographers do that. (Wow this sounds like a plug, she's just really good and really nice. Also she made us brownies.... I feel a little bribed now.)

• Like 3

hey everyone been a while since i posted here but Day 2 of collectormania the glasgow cosplay group have dubbed 'Pirate day' We are all doing pirate cosplays, from tv shows, animes, games. If anyone wants to join us then let me know, trying to get as many different types of pirates as possible

oooh this sounds tempting!

i've gotten myself a weekend pass, since i figured it's only £6 more so it doesn't really matter too much if i go one day, get everything i want done then and not go back the next. :)

and i think i'd totally have to be Smee from Peter Pan if i went as a pirate, he's my fave! :D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my early bird tickets for the Saturday!

Costume is just about done, all I really need to do is finish making the bow. Which I keep procastinating on. >< Really should stop that. How's everyone else's costumes coming?

@Sparrow Ah, hopefully we will get a chance to say hi, Kenny! You'll likely be mobbed again due to your own awesomeness.

@Claymore A secret development? You realise now I am very curious and may want to play slueth? Which I am rubbish at, but play anyway :P