A little suggestion..

Last year photoshoots started around 9.30am (I think) and we all know how slow the queue moves when buying photoshoot tickets on the day.

My suggestion is maybe you could have a special queue at the photoshoot sales desk for the first hour in the morning that is strictly for buying photoshoots that take place at lets say 10:00am or before. Or you could sell photoshoot tickets for the first shoots of the day at the actual photoshoot area that each one takes place.

That way people wouldn't have to worry about joining the long slow moving main queue with the fear of not making it to the sales desk in time and missing out on the shoot and Showmasters wouldn't lose any potential sales they could have made.

Just an idea which could work in everyones favour, organisers and attendees.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The crew in that area generally already do attempt to make sure anyone buying a shoot that starts very soon is 'fast tracked' to make sure they don't miss the shoot. It isn't always possible depending on sheer numbers of people (and their ratio to number of crew) but attempts are made!

Is it possible to do something about separating credit card and cash sales?...Last year I waited for an hour in what I thought/was told was purely a CASH line only to find out after about 45 mins that most of my line were paying with credit cards....luckily I didn't miss any of the small amount of photo ops I decided to buy but it was absolute chaos there last year on the Saturday morning...some people don't have the money to order in advance although I have done for my important ones this time and I've chosen to have them on the Sunday just in case...

I crewed on the sales desk at Collectormania on Saturday and can confirm there is a big effort made to call down the line to get people who were due shortly at a photo shoot at the front :coolthumb:

my recommendation for every is to buy photo shoots online before the con, leaving it until late if you think you may want addiotional photo shoots and want to avoid paying several postage charges (obviously don't do this if you are worried about a photo shoot selling out ^_^)

it is hard to have photo sales at the photo shoot as there are a limited number of card machines and up to 4 photo shoots! also there would then need to be extra crew to deal with sales and extra security for the payment so it may be a lot less feasable than it initially seems to be B)

surfy sah xx

Is it possible to do something about separating credit card and cash sales?...Last year I waited for an hour in what I thought/was told was purely a CASH line only to find out after about 45 mins that most of my line were paying with credit cards....luckily I didn't miss any of the small amount of photo ops I decided to buy but it was absolute chaos there last year on the Saturday morning...some people don't have the money to order in advance although I have done for my important ones this time and I've chosen to have them on the Sunday just in case...

That change was called out later when the problem was noticed. At least it was when I was stuck in there. ;)

• Showmasters Admin

its best that people pre order as much as they can before the show to avoid creating bigger lines , over the years the shows are getting busier and we do try to keep on top of it but you would be helping by buying in advance

so if you can buy before the show and avoid the line

thanks

jason