Newbie here!

Hi all,I'm new to the whole convention thing,I went to my 1st one back in February at Excel,it was awesome,I had so much fun & got some cool photos with all the cosplayers too.

Anyway now I'm attending LFCC on the Saturday date in July with my brother & his girlfriend,we're all very excited indeed.

I'm having a photo shoot with Louise Jameson too,I'm a bit nervous,but I'm sure that it will be a great honour to meet her,of course,I've heard that she is a really lovely lady & is so kind to the fans,I've never really met anyone famous before,so this will be a new experience for me,wow.

Anyway that's my story :smile:

Edited by DavidB

• Moderators

Hey :) welcome to the forum - sorry I had to remove the event name as you can't discuss non-Showmasters events on here .. other than that, you're good to go ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time - Louise is really lovely, she'll put you right at ease :)

• Like 1

No problem at all,sorry did'nt know that,thanks for the info mate.

Yeah I've seen Louise Jameson interviewed on several of the Doctor Who DVD documentaries & heard her many a time on the audio commentaries too,so naturally I cannot wait to meet her next month & to have a photo on the day too is so cool also,she is definitely one of the best Who companions ever :smile:

Edited by TomW1983

• Moderators

The majority of guests are fairly chatty if they aren't very busy. The busier they are the less time they have to chat if they want to see everyone waiting to meet them.

I too am nervous as this is my first ever event, are most the guests talkative or do they just want you to move along quickly? Thanks

They're just people, and like other people some are outgoing and some not so. Some are more used to these events than others. Generally most are quite chatty but I find it always helps to think of something to ask before you go up to them. Not just something to say as that might not get much of a response but if you ask a question you're more likely to get a good response.

But many will ask how you are, what your name is, maybe even comment on the item you've brought, what you're wearing etc. But I've found by having something in mind to ask, especially for the busier guests, that I've often had a better experience than some others who don't say anything.

Try not to stress about it though. In 10 years of going to these (and other) events I've only had a couple of experiences that weren't that great but I don't expect to spend ages chatting with the guests, though some people seem to think if they haven't had a 10min+ chat then it's a bad experience. That's unrealistic. Not impossible with some by any means but certainly not the busy ones. Don't set your expectations too high, relax, try to have something to ask about and you'll be fine.

• Like 2

As this is my first major con, being there for the whole weekend and not really knowing what to expect I to am naturally worried and anxious... That being said, I have yet to find an unpleasant staffer or poster here so that is calming my nerves no end...

Everyone seems so nice... can't possibly go wrong... right?

But seriously, your adrenaline is going to be up anyway and it'll be over before you know it... just enjoy the moment and by this time in 5 weeks you'll be booking next years too...

As this is my first major con, being there for the whole weekend and not really knowing what to expect I to am naturally worried and anxious... That being said, I have yet to find an unpleasant staffer or poster here so that is calming my nerves no end...

Everyone seems so nice... can't possibly go wrong... right?

But seriously, your adrenaline is going to be up anyway and it'll be over before you know it... just enjoy the moment and by this time in 5 weeks you'll be booking next years too...

You will have awesome time. So many smiley faces and the guests seem to thrive on the great atmosphere

Thanks everyone,I'm coming up on the train near Colchester which is where I'm from,I have'nt the first clue about train travel,but hopefully my brother & his girlfriend will probably have more experience with public transport than I do.

A month to go & I'm pretty nervous already,I can only hope that my photoshoot is at a reasonable time,really hope I do'nt miss it,that would really suck for my first time meeting someone famous,aww well,I'll just cross my fingers & hope for the best :thumbup:

Edited by TomW1983