guests

To be honest i havnt seen half the films that some of these people are in but i am going to meet the ones that i do know.... :D:D anyway...... i am so excited about the guests i do know i dont mind that i dont know the other half........ :D:P

ooooooo im so excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***hannah***

Edited by orlandos_little_elf

What I find annoying is when people say, 'I don't know anyone' well you might not recognise their name, or even their photo, but there is a link to what tell us what they have done in their career. Most films tend to repeated on the Sky movie channels several times, and for anyone without cable there are video/dvd releases/purchases, or failing that terrestrial tv shows films as well.

I have a couple of friends that I am going with, both of whom are absolutely useless at knowing actors names. However, when I tell them what they have been in, then they tend to remember who they are.

I think for anyone to say 'they don't know anyone attending' is extremely bad form and shows what a short-sighted nature they have. Go check the links. The majority, if not all, have been in something quite major on either tv or film (or both) in the last couple of years.

I personally have not seen all of the actors in things, I haven't seen the recent Star Wars films, nor have I watched the Jason films, or the Freddie films for a long time. However, I still checked them out, out of curiosity in case they had been in anything else I might have seen, and just not realised it.

More often than not, I recognise photos and not the actors names. Eg, LOTR's have had so many actors in them, that I only tend to remember the main cast, but when I check on the photos I realise who they played.

I am personally a Stargate fan and therefore tend to recognise instantly most of the names, but I suppose that if you're not a fan, even a general fan, of sci-fi and fantasy then you're not likely to know who these actors are, despite the fact that some of them have been in mainstream tv shows/films.

If that is indeed the case, then why are they even on this forum and considering going to any SM events I wonder?

Elaine :rolleyes:

Hi i haven't been on for ages cos my computer had virus' ur rite im only 14.

My brother made me watch star wars da other day. It was very good but i dnt know you you can recognise ppl without their costum on. I'm sorry i didnt mean to b affensive by sayin i dnt know any1.

I know who Craig parker n Brad dourif are but i dont know the ppl who r orcs. Well i think i am coming and i'll hopefully have a good time even if i don't see many of my favs. I think it'll b really exciting because every1 around will be happy and laughin etc.

Hazziebaby - glad you weren't scared off there! The atmosphere at Collectormania events is amazing! It can be very hectic, but it will be a lot of fun. If you want to be sure of seeing Craig and Brad then make sure you get there as early as possible when you come. When the event opens each day tickets will be given out with numbers on so you can go wandering without having to wait for hours in a queue. You then join the queue when your number is up or past it.

Have fun - and get there early! :P

What I find annoying is when people say, 'I don't know anyone' well you might not recognise their name, or even their photo, but there is a link to what tell us what they have done in their career. Most films tend to repeated on the Sky movie channels several times, and for anyone without cable there are video/dvd releases/purchases, or failing that terrestrial tv shows films as well.

I have a couple of friends that I am going with, both of whom are absolutely useless at knowing actors names. However, when I tell them what they have been in, then they tend to remember who they are.

I think for anyone to say 'they don't know anyone attending' is extremely bad form and shows what a short-sighted nature they have. Go check the links. The majority, if not all, have been in something quite major on either tv or film (or both) in the last couple of years.

I personally have not seen all of the actors in things, I haven't seen the recent Star Wars films, nor have I watched the Jason films, or the Freddie films for a long time. However, I still checked them out, out of curiosity in case they had been in anything else I might have seen, and just not realised it.

More often than not, I recognise photos and not the actors names. Eg, LOTR's have had so many actors in them, that I only tend to remember the main cast, but when I check on the photos I realise who they played.

I am personally a Stargate fan and therefore tend to recognise instantly most of the names, but I suppose that if you're not a fan, even a general fan, of sci-fi and fantasy then you're not likely to know who these actors are, despite the fact that some of them have been in mainstream tv shows/films.

If that is indeed the case, then why are they even on this forum and considering going to any SM events I wonder?

Elaine :huh:

**Gives one-man standing ovation**

Took the word right outta my finger-tips... :lol:

Juggalo :P

On the main forum page go to the Frequently Asked Questions area and have a good read. That will tell you most things you need to know. Autographs are usually priced between £10 - £20, on only one occasion so far was a guest charging £25 as far as I remember.

As for when to arrive, I am not suggesting you camp outside all night! Some did for Elijah Wood and co at C4, but I doubt it will be quite like that for Brad and Craig!

Opening times for the doors at the Centre:MK can be found on the link on the Collectormania homepage.

welcome back - glad you came back!

be sure to go to the SM help desk and meet Hobbit of Dorchester - sure he'll have his Jack hat on?!?! :wub:

also come to the forum meets and meet us all! :lol:

finally I'd say get there an hour ish before it opens and it will prob be ok but also Monday will prob be the busiest day (found this out the hard way at c4) :D:lol::o xx

ps-the event is held at the end of the centre that's near the cinema complex which is kinda accross the road - thought I'd mention that as I wish some one had told me that last time when I was innocently unaware of the forum and we walked all the way from the other end of the centre! :D.... xx

**Gives one-man standing ovation**

Took the word right outta my finger-tips... ;)

Juggalo :P

Sorry for ranting, but I just find it annoying that people complain before checking things out - even then I think it's bad form.

SM put on a brilliant event, and whilst things haven't always been perfect, they have recognised what needs changing and done so. This will be my fourth trip to MK and I have only been disappointed by the organisation once and been disappointed by a guest once, but still managed to have a good time by getting autographs from guests I had only considered getting, finding them to be incredibly nice.

If it weren't for people like SM then we wouldn't see the guests that we do.

Elaine

PS: Brilliant guest in John Billingsley - another Stargate actor.

Hmmmm Ashamed to say this but I haven't seen any of the Star Wars films, read a few books.. not bad stuff. I still have a rough idea of the charaters though. And I'm not young so some of us old folk did avoid the hype back then.

Even if there are people you have never heard of at these events it's nice to go and see them, you may be pleasantly surprised. I'm a fan of things I'd never have watched before after meeting or seeing the guys in London and seeing the actors devotion to their work, fans and to generally being lovely people.

I'm sure you'll have fun, the best thing about a convention is meeting people who share a common interest as you!

I must admit to finding textspeak irritating, too - I know it's quicker and cheaper (correct me if I'm wrong! :lol:), but it's hard on these old eyes for reading purposes! :D But if you do use it, that doesn't make you a bad person! :P

there are actually more guests i want to meet this time, then last time. so for me the line up is already great but i wouldn't say no to more lotr stars or a harry potter peep. ut i don't care anymore cause i can't pay for more guests anyway.

god i hope i win the lotto or something soon!

im really looking foward to this one but i also enjoyed the last one....dom and elijah were rthere last time and the one before Billy was there so lots of hobbits....... i hope elijah can go to this one as he might be in England for the premier he is at... im goin so i hope he'll go to C5... also there are lots of other cool guests... ones frm Star Wars and ones frm Star TRek and Matrix... so i am so loking foward to C5.. alot :D:wub:

***hannah***

This will be my first event in England (I come from the Netherlands). I'm just a bit disappointed that most of the great guest I've booked for (Freddy, Chewbacca, Aurra Sing, Aayla Secura) have been booked also by another convention the weekend after CM, which is even in my own city (price 25 euro for the weekend, but signatures are substantially cheaper being all 15 euro = 10 GBP).

I hoped SM would have a more "unique" lineup, not being copied by other conventions.

Well, there are always the LOTR guests... they are still worth the trip overseas (I hate flying).

The Star Trek guests are also great, but I've seen all but Gates McFadden.

Can anyone tell me if this is the complete lineup, or will still more guests been announced?

Thanks,

Ellen

I'm really excited about C5, I'm a huge Rings fan sure,but I'm also a trekker! And just don't mention star wars to me unless you want your ears turned to pulp by my jabbering!! This is almost a perfect line up for me! Sure I've not seen any of the Jason films and I don't watch the sopranos, but like someone said a bit further up, most of them have been in other things. Eg, I'm going to see Joe P and Penny bvecaue of Matrix and ER, not Sopranos and 24!

Have Fun Everyone! Look out for an Eowyn with a huge smile on her face !

This will be my first event in England (I come from the Netherlands). I'm just a bit disappointed that most of the great guest I've booked for (Freddy, Chewbacca, Aurra Sing, Aayla Secura) have been booked also by another convention the weekend after CM, which is even in my own city (price 25 euro for the weekend, but signatures are substantially cheaper being all 15 euro = 10 GBP).

I hoped SM would have a more "unique" lineup, not being copied by other conventions.

Well, there are always the LOTR guests... they are still worth the trip overseas (I hate flying).

The Star Trek guests are also great, but I've seen all but Gates McFadden.

Can anyone tell me if this is the complete lineup, or will still more guests been announced?

Thanks,

Ellen

i understand what you mean, i'm going to the small dutch convention also (dwight shultz yay!) cos i'm from the netherlands as well so it was somewhat dissapointing for me to see 6 guests announced who where already announced a long time ago at the n.. s.... con. because it is way cheaper i will save them for the small convention.

but,

there are loads of other guests wich are rare and not always seen at conventions like penny johnson, joe pants, gates mcfadden and some of the lotr peeps etc....