autograph packs

Rasalom

I think it's all pot luck tbh. From my last two gold pass autograph packs Ive received much the same autographs from the random ones that you receive after you pick a genre. Its all from people that have attended the shows before, so youre not getting Christian Bale or Sly Stallone etc lol. So if you picked 'new dr who' you could get Tennant, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan but more likely you may receive Ian McNiece, Paul Kasey and Caitlin Blackwood.

I wouldnt buy a Gold Pass on the basis of receiving the autograph packs, theyre just a nice added bonus. Buy one for the benefits of not having to queue so much and not having to get VTs. To me thats well worth the investment!

The "not having to get Virtual Tickets" is for photoshoots AND autographs?

Since I've never been to such a convention before, I don't know what it is like to queue for photoshoots/autographs... Is it really worth it? Even if it is kind of a little expensive for my budget ^^

Since I've never been to such a convention before, I don't know what it is like to queue for photoshoots/autographs... Is it really worth it? Even if it is kind of a little expensive for my budget ^^

You dont need to get VTs for autographs (you still have to pay for the autographs) you can join the back of any autograph queue whenever you choose rather than waiting for your VT number to come up whcih is very useful. No time wasted- as soon as you finsih with one person you can immediately join the back of another queue.

Same with photoshoots (you still need to buy photoshoot tickets) rather than waiting for your number you can go straight to the front of the queue.

I tend to spend over a grand at these shows and the gold pass for me is well worth the investment as Id never get everything done that I want otherwise.

If you came in on an early bird ticket youd need to start queueing outside the venue from 7 or 8am at the latest. As soon as you get in youd need to rush around (walking not running as Too Tall will quickly remind you lol) getting your VTs trying to get a low a number as possible. It can be a lot of hard work tbh so if you can afford to invest in gold then go for it.

It depends on how many guests you're meeting and what kind of contact you want. Despite these cons getting bigger and bigger, most of the time you can get autos from even the biggest guests without a Gold Pass if you get there early enough to get a decent virtual queue ticket (and a lot even go to open queue later on in the afternoon if they sign fast enough, so no virtual ticket required); you may have to wait for hours, but you can always get your virtual ticket, have a look around or even get your hand stamped, leave the con temporarily and come back later.

But if you want to see a lot of paid talks or go to a lot of photoshoots, the Gold Pass can be invaluable. I didn't need a Gold Pass at LFCC for many years, but in the last two or three, it's become an essential item (last time, I had 32 photoshoots over the weekend, and couldn't have managed without one).

If someone will be announced who is a 'big name' for me, i think ill get a goldpass for me and my friend for the first time..

So, it all depends on the guests for me. So far, i can absolutly manage without one although im already meeting 15 people

Yeah! It seems to be really practical!

Thank you for your advices, I will keep them in mind. But, for now, since I'm only interested in 4-5 photoshoots, I'm not sure it is really worth it. Maybe when the next guests are announced ^^

Thanks again!!

A Gold Pass is not really worth it for 4-5 guests (especially if that is photo shoots only). Add autographs for guests that will all be very busy and you only have limited time at the event (i.e. a couple of hours) then it would be worth serious consideration.

"limited time"? It is not from 9am to 5 or 6 pm?

And yes, for the moment (I'm waiting for other guest announcements), I'm only interested in 4 or 5 guests (photoshoots and autoraphs and talks obviously).

I've never been to a convention like this so I don't know what to expect in terms of time spent in queues and everything ^^

But I'm seriously considering getting a gold pass ^^

"limited time"? It is not from 9am to 5 or 6 pm?
Limited time as in you may only be there for a couple of hours. Some people spend all day at the event. Others only an hour or so, as they have other plans etc. So for example if you can only spend a couple of hours at the event and will be seeing busy guests then a Gold Pass would probably be worth considering.

This really is one of those things that the value of will vary from person to person.