Cosplay

OverGeek

I'm attempting to actually make a cosplay in time. Will just need to see how it goes. Finding it hard to get white EVA mats at a decent price :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone- come over and say hi to me I'm pretty shy :3

Ok I mentioned this on UK cosplay and was told to mention it here.

The website says there is facilities for cosplayers to leave bags and get changed.

But there really isn't.

In my first year going we were let in to the changing room only for others to come over and tell us we weren't allowed there.

Ever since I have just gave up on trying to put my bags anywhere which is really annoying when someone wants a picture as i have to shift around or hand my stuff to someone.

Last year in my Lulu cosplay it was far too big and heavy to wear going so i had to go change outside in a bathroom stall and then drag a suitcase around which he cosplay desk kindly let me leave my suitcase with them but again I had a little bag with my phone and money and camera in it which my friend kindly held for me as i had to hold up the dress to move and if i bought anything he had to carry that too.

So either take it off the website that you offer cosplay facilities or actually offer them.

• Like 4

I think you can leave bags with crew, though i personally wouldn't be comfortable leaving anything that isn't in a secure location.

It would be nice to get lockers and specific changing area, since so many go to extra effort to add something to the event at our own expense.

Nah Prophet that one wasn't me, but you can get a picture with me as Harley this year =) I keep trying to post a picture but it won't let me =( It's similar to the onsie suit she wears, but I'm doing it in two parts, just to make life a little easier on my sewing machine xD

Yeah thats me in my dp, last year I did one day as Harley and the other day as Ivy. This year instead of Ivy I'm hoping to do Raven from the Teen Titans, but we'll see :P

BB I totally agree, last year I had to try and paint myself green in the toilets and it was so akward =/ Every year I've been thats where I've had to get ready and its rather rubbish if I'm honest!

• Like 3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151696617471967&set=a.402519201966.193003.748271966&type=1&theater

That's my progress so far guys, hoping you can see it. A few more diamonds for the legs, perhaps gloves or wrist warmers and a fabric choker necklace and I think I done =) Not sure if I want to wear a mask or just make up and I may do low bunches in my hair instead or high ones.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook...&type=1

That's my progress so far guys, hoping you can see it. A few more diamonds for the legs, perhaps gloves or wrist warmers and a fabric choker necklace and I think I done =) Not sure if I want to wear a mask or just make up and I may do low bunches in my hair instead or high ones.

Looking great, i would lean towards make-up. My suggestion is to go for a more "punk/grunge" style similar to the Jokers in The Dark Knight.

Though up to you, look forward to seeing the completed costume. Don't remember seeing you last year btw.

• Like 1

Thanks Captain and Brian, it's defiantly turned out better than I thought it would =)

If I'm honest I'm leaning more towards make -up, you can do a lot more with it, thanks for the advice Brian, I'll give it a try, I'll probably just do similar make-up as last year. We'll I'm sure you won't miss me this year =)

• Like 2