Queues on the day

Flibble

It has already been cleared up that the issues with LFCC queues were not of Showmasters doing, therefore why would this be an issue again.

Certainly not a reason not to attend a greatly successful show again, that is, however, purely your decision.

I agree that's an odd reason not to go but disagree about it not being SM responsibility. It's their show and they should make sure whoever is running the queues is clear on the different tickets people have, how they'd like them to use different entrances etc etc. It's not hard.

There were lots of people who clearly didn't know what was going on at LFCC and i even had to make a suggestion to someone to improve the way the queues were tending to merge. I didn't have any issues myself but I hope this is made much clearer to whoever does control the queues.

I'm sure it was a lesson learned and everthing will be lovely this time.

Edited by Rockstar6662

When i arrived at LFCC the queues were just a mess-it didnt even look like a queue. Fair enough the space outside Olympia doesnt appear as anywhere near as big as outside Earls Court/Earls Court 2 but nobody seemed to know what was going on. When I asked crewers where the Gold Pass queue was I kept getting 'I dont know ask another crew member' as an answer until I found one crewer who did know what queue was for what. To her credit she seemed to be the only one that did know.

I hope it was just a one off as Ive never seen such chaos at a SM event before but it certainly wouldnt make me decide not to attend an event again- I enjoy them too much! :smile:

That was the Saturday, by the Sunday when Showmasters took over the organising of the queues it was properly done and there were barriers so no queue jumping and was all very calm and easy to see where you should be.

• Like 1

That was the Saturday, by the Sunday when Showmasters took over the organising of the queues it was properly done and there were barriers so no queue jumping and was all very calm and easy to see where you should be.

That puts my mind at rest then at least thanks jael001. Its always a concern when youre in a queue to get in and not sure youre in the right one! thanks again

Has anything been said about how the queuing will work this time? We had advanced notice at LFCC which side of the entrance was which queuing - golds in the middle, pre-paid on one side and pay-on-the-day on the other.

Lets have some nice big signs with big arrows around the doors showing where to queue, not just small signs so low down they couldn't be seen with people stood in front of them. Simple things.

I for one can see whay this would make someone not want to attend a SM event, I have honestly never seen such an unorganised mess in my life, collecting photos was a mess at LFCC, the Laura Vandervoort thing was a mess, the queue was a mess, and it is SMs responsibiity, they have hired the venue, they organise the queue, they hire the staff, the staff should know what is what, and there have been many errors regarding tickets for EMS, I know its a big event so there is bound to be problems of course, but this many?

One thing I would suggest is actually employ people, rather than always having volunteers, I think this would lead to a better staff understanding and more effort to know what is what, they wouldnt be able to say 'i dunno ask someone else' lol

I would suggest barriers are set up to snake people around. Has the advantage of keeping the organisers in full control of where people queue and would prevent a mad rush when the doors open.

As posted above this is what happened on Sunday. Jason had already assured everyone in his LFACC wrap up post that the situation has been talked about and it will not happen again. As the barriers worked well on Sunday I expect them to be used again.

I would suggest barriers are set up to snake people around. Has the advantage of keeping the organisers in full control of where people queue and would prevent a mad rush when the doors open.

As posted above this is what happened on Sunday. Jason had already assured everyone in his LFACC wrap up post that the situation has been talked about and it will not happen again. As the barriers worked well on Sunday I expect them to be used again.

Cool. I don't actually recall seeing any on the Sunday but that could just be my ageing brain failing me. We will see how it goes.

There were definitely barriers on the Sunday, when I turned up about half an hour before the doors opened the queue was perfectly snaked around, guided by the barriers, there was no pushing or shoving or cutting in and it worked perfectly.