photo help for disabled son

superwondergirl

I will be coming up to the show on saturday, My son is very disabled and won't be able to come, What I would like to do is take as many pictures as I can to show him who and what was there. I hope everyone would allow me to take photoes, I know the stars are a different kettle of fish, but if I could take pictures of the que to get in - the biulding - outside and in , the stalls and stall holders, all the cosplayers, just so he can see and enjoy the show as well.

Thank you

General pictures are normally fine, like queues or buildings or general overview if the stalls. If you're trying to take more detailed pictures of single stalls I am sure the stallholders will have no problems with it if you explain about your son. And the cosplayers are always happy to pose if you ask for a picture.

Here's an idea - maybe you could make a little sign saying "Hi (your son's name)!" or something and ask cosplayers to hold it when you take a photo of them! I've always found cosplayers are more than happy to have someone compliment their costume and have a photo, as usually a lot of time and effort has gone into making it :smile:

• Like 1

Here's an idea - maybe you could make a little sign saying "Hi (your son's name)!" or something and ask cosplayers to hold it when you take a photo of them! I've always found cosplayers are more than happy to have someone compliment their costume and have a photo, as usually a lot of time and effort has gone into making it :smile:

thats a really good idea to make someones day a bit special, good thinking.

Next time you are at a show, go to the organisers booth and there is a system now where we can help you get through queues easier

No need for you to struggle :D

I use this system and it definitely helps! Minimum issues with my son as a result. So I would suggest using it, aseefsid, so you don't miss out.

I use the system too as my son is Autistic and I am disabled and find queuing super difficult. We attend LFCC and EMS every year. Showmasters certainly make it easier for us and the cosplayers and staff are all wonderful. I think the sign is a great idea, you could even blow up a photo of your son on the sign so that he is kind of there. I know for sure that they will all be more than willing to do the photos as they are fantastic with my boys, have a great time and hope all the photos you get make him smile loads! xx

Next time you are at a show, go to the organisers booth and there is a system now where we can help you get through queues easier

No need for you to struggle :D

I use this system and it definitely helps! Minimum issues with my son as a result. So I would suggest using it, aseefsid, so you don't miss out.