Newbie - My First Con

Was reading that you exchange your ticket for a programme upon entry, does this usually have the layout of where everything is in it?

Also how many people roughly attend?

• Moderators

The programme does sometimes have a map of the layout included - a map is usually also posted on a wall near the entrance to the event.

Attendance numbers have been, for the last 2 years at least, well into the tens of thousands.

Edited by etmuse

• Moderators

Am I right in thinking there is less chance of getting your items personalised at this event than at Collectormania? Especially by the big guests?

Honestly it depends entirely on how busy that particular guest is. Some guests have been too busy at a Collectormania to personalise but have subsequently personalised at an LFCC appearance, and vice-versa.

Was reading that you exchange your ticket for a programme upon entry, does this usually have the layout of where everything is in it?

Also how many people roughly attend?

The programme isn't handed out as you show your ticket though, you can pick one up as you go in. It does usually have a layout, which will also be posted here on the forum before the event.

It does get very busy, especially on a Saturday, but Sunday isn't as busy, and the Friday preview, though fairly busy, doesn't have as many people as the weekend.

I know this topic belongs to somebody else but I wanted to ask a question to :P just to keep it in the atomsfere.., but I wanted to buy a photo with holly marie combs in advanced but me and my friend cant buy tickets until that saturday.., can I still buy that photo or do I need to have an entry ticket??

• Moderators

You do not need to have purchased an entry ticket in advance in order to purchase a photoshoot ticket.

Entry tickets and photoshoot tickets will both be on sale on the day (photoshoots may sell out, but rarely do before the event).

Edited by etmuse

Sorry to butt in, but it will also be my first con. Just wondering, can you pick up more then one VT for each guest at a time, or just the one? And when getting an autograph, how likely is it that I will be able to get a photo taken with then? Are they generally ok with it? And are there people with the guests that will take a photo for me, or do I have to make friends with the person behind me in the queue?

No, one VT per person. And photos depend on the guest, really. Unless they have a sign up somewhere, it's just best to ask. A crew member next to the guest will be happy to take a photo for you.

Lol, once you get your bearings, you'll be fine. Though purposely getting lost in there is a great way to be able to explore. :D

Originally i was only going Saturday, now it's Friday and Saturday. Will i get lost and end up there on the Sunday too i wonder? :lol:

Do the stalls etc take Visa once inside? Just wondering how much cash i'll need with me just in case.

Lol, once you get your bearings, you'll be fine. Though purposely getting lost in there is a great way to be able to explore. :D

Originally i was only going Saturday, now it's Friday and Saturday. Will i get lost and end up there on the Sunday too i wonder? :lol:

Do the stalls etc take Visa once inside? Just wondering how much cash i'll need with me just in case.

As far as i remember, they don't tend to take card, and if it's anything like Earl's Court cash machines are few and far between, charge you, and run out of cash! Take what you know you'll need, and then some extra. ;)

• Moderators

Some stalls do take cards, but most don't, so it's best to assume you'll need to pay cash for any items you want to buy.

You can use your card at the event to buy photoshoot ticket and there are also vouchers available for autographs if you wish to pay for these by card. (Autograph vouchers must be bought at the sales desk before joining the queue for the guest, you cannot pay by card directly at the guest tables.)

Only the bigger stalls will take Visa, most of them are cash only. It's expensive to run a card reader! I usually take more cash than I expect to spend, then you are unlikely to run out.

• Showmasters Admin

I have one.... will the photo shoots be called out in numbers and batches? It appears to have changed for the Milton Keynes event. Is it changing for this?

It will be by batch. It was dropped to sort out a specific issue at a specific time, that was all.

• Showmasters Admin

2 more quick questions.

1) Will the VT system be used for guests signing on the friday night too?

2) How do the talks work? I have talk ticket no 15 for Hayden on Saturday, does the no have any relevance to when i go in?

1: Depending on how busy the guests are yes, we may use VTs.

2: The paid for talks will work as they have the last couple of shows, the ROWS will be numbered (i.e. first 2 rows gold, next row tickets 1-20, next row tickets 21-40 and so on), specific seats will not be numbered.