Newbie - My First Con

Hi all,

Was just wondering about VT's, do you have to get them from different queue's for different guests, or all in the same place?

Also how many guests should limit myself to? ATM i have planned 6 photo shoots, 6 autographs and 2 talks.

Thanks,

Murph

Yes. You will get your VTs at the different queues.

6 shoots, 6 autographs and 2 talks in one day or over the weekend? Both should be doable without a problem. We've had attendees posting they met over 20 days before, so you don't have to limit yourself that much.

Btw do you find out about talk and photo shoot times before the Con or on the day?

As i'm staying in London the friday night, i could attend the Con then too. What is a friday preview ticket?

Edited by Murph

So i could just get some autograph's on the friday night and save some extra time for saturday?

Luckily the majority of the people i want to meet are doing all 3 days

I have one.... will the photo shoots be called out in numbers and batches? It appears to have changed for the Milton Keynes event. Is it changing for this?

Sorry, I have no info about this. The batches have always been the routine. Most of the crew is still in MK breaking down. Hopefully they can give an update why it was done that way at Collectormania.

2 more quick questions.

1) Will the VT system be used for guests signing on the friday night too?

2) How do the talks work? I have talk ticket no 15 for Hayden on Saturday, does the no have any relevance to when i go in?

2 more quick questions.

I haven't attended the last show I'm afraid. From what I picked up the VT system was not in operation Friday night because the crowd was not too large.

2) How do the talks work? I have talk ticket no 15 for Hayden on Saturday, does the no have any relevance to when i go in?

The ticket should determine the row you sit in. With 15 you'd likely be in the row behind the Gold Passes.

Ok thanks, so 15 is the seat no?

No. Seats are not numbered. If it's done the way it was done at CM it's more of a seating area thing. So tickets 1-20 in one row, 21 to 40 in the next and so on. There have been events were the tickets in the past were called in groups by number (so you could sit where you want, with the exception of the Gold Pass rows). But the seats have not been numbered for a while.

There was no VT system that I remember from last year. The crowd won't be so large as the preview is only a couple hours long, so I assume VTs aren't really needed that night. :)