Signing question~

katnissed

I was just wondering, how logistical is it to bring and get signed a massive cinema banner thing? Like the 8ft ones? Cause my local cinema is selling me their THG one for charity and it would be nice to get it signed by the cast that will be there. I've been to places like EMS though and there didn't seem to be a big signing area. Idk, what would I do?

The layout will be different at MK to EMS but none of the guests will have a massive signing area. You also need to consider how practical it will be to hold on to the banner while you're in a queue waiting to get it signed. Also, there's no cloakroom as such at MK so, unless you're staying at the venue hotel, you'll be carrying it round all day.

While it would be nice to get something like that signed by all the cast who will be there, from a practical point of view, you may be better to go with something smaller.

My Bad Wolf banner from Bad Wolf (the big behind the stage one) is way more than 8ft long, but I've managed to get it signed at all SM events. Here it is unfurled, and actually in the hotel at MK :(

(girlfriend not included)

Picture199.jpg

Also recommend one of these to carry it in.

Telescoping_Document_Tube_Telescopic_Tube_Storage_Tube.jpg

Makes that whole side of bringing it to cons easy too. Nice and protected, and just goes over your shoulder. Seriously one of the best things I ever bought for using at cons. Made my life so much easier :D

Trick is to have it rolled up, then when you get ready to get it signed, unroll enough of it to where you want it to be signed :)

So pick the end/side you want signed and unroll that bit, should work fine.

I wouldnt worry too much. Get it signed! It'll look amazing!

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

I measured my HP one across and it rolls up fine, but it's still 150cm wide/tall when rolled up, so does anyone know where I can get one that big?

Have you tried Amazon? They're usually pretty good on that sort of thing and I think I've seen some expanding ones on there. Got to be worth a look.

yeah, the biggest i could find was 120cm.

It's pricey, but the folks here do one that is 155cm long...

I just did a search on google for

poster tube -postal

the "-postal" bit filters out a lot (but not all) of the sites that are just selling cardboard tubes for mailing purposes.

If you have a decent art supplies shop near you, they may do them, and even if they don't stock one as big as you want, they may be able to order one for you.

yeah, the biggest i could find was 120cm.

It's pricey, but the folks here do one that is 155cm long...

I just did a search on google for

poster tube -postal

the "-postal" bit filters out a lot (but not all) of the sites that are just selling cardboard tubes for mailing purposes.

If you have a decent art supplies shop near you, they may do them, and even if they don't stock one as big as you want, they may be able to order one for you.

wow, that is expensive. yeah, i don't think i can afford that. i have the beat up cardboard box that it my SWATH one came in, which makes it slightly easier to carry. i think i'll just have to go with that and hope it doesn't get in the way too much~

• 2 weeks later...

My Bad Wolf banner from Bad Wolf (the big behind the stage one) is way more than 8ft long, but I've managed to get it signed at all SM events. Here it is unfurled, and actually in the hotel at MK :clap:

(girlfriend not included)

That's a shame! She looks familiar, has she attended any of the events I've crewed? I know I've met you and had a brief chat....