Title

The Emperor

Thats one of those rumoured titles thats been going around since July last year. That and Revenge of the Sith.

Also in an interview last August, Rick McCallum was asked if that was going to be the title and his responce was "Not even close"

Edited by emotionalvampire

Blame Warner Village Cinemas for furthering this title. Although when I heard it, I did think it was pretty cool - beats The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones in the title stakes though.

I had heard The Revenge of the Sith one, but must admit never hearing this one!

:angel:

For months before it opened The Phantom Menace was referred to as 'The Beginning' and Attack of the Clones was (jokingly) referred to as 'Jar Jar's Big Day Out'. Lucas won't declare the final title until around July/August time this year in preparation for the first trailer in October/November time.

I have the second trailer for The Phantom Menace and it is entitled 'She Stands Alone', just thought I'd throw that in there lol

Obi-Wan :yoda:

Edited by obi-wan

• 2 weeks later...
anyone hear the rumour that it was going to be called the creeping fear or something like that? :huh:

Yeah I added that in the spoiler section a week or so ago. It's still unconfirmed at the moment though.

Obi-Wan :wub:

The Birth of an empire is a pretty cool name though I must say!

Nah, that sounds too much like the old DW Griffith film, BIRTH OF A NATION. It's also too epic. You have to think along the lines of titles given to the old Republic movie serials like Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, which the titles The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi fit perfectly. They are meant to be Chapter headings.

Flash Gordon had titles such as 'Planet of Peril', 'Tunnel of Terror', 'Captured by the Shark Men', 'Battling the Sea Beast', 'The Destroying Ray', 'Flaming Torture', 'Shattering Doom', 'Tournement of Death', 'Fighting The Fire Dragon','The Unseen Peril', 'In the Claws of the Tigron', 'Trapped in the Turret' and 'Rocketing to Earth'. All taken from the 1936 first FLASH GORDON serial.

So you can see how likely it was that The Creeping Fear was thought a more likely Lucas title than Fall of the Republic or anything like that.

Obi-Wan :lol:

Although the creeping fear does have that flash gordony kinda title that Lucas seems to be influenced by

Similar in a way to Phantom Menace

Thats what I thought when I first heard it. I was kinda happy with it too, though I doubt Lucas would even go with that title if it were true now, it would be a bit of an anticlimax for him to make an official announcement on it when it has been on the web for months now.

Obi-Wan :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the latest title rumbling. It sounds like fanboy wishes to me, but there you go!

EP3: Episode III Title Revealed?

Posted by From TheForce.Net on May 10, 2004:

Although we're not expecting a title announcement until August or so, we've heard rumblings that BIRTH OF THE EMPIRE is the favorite of the moment. In fact, mockups of movie posters and licensed merchandise are using that working title as of this week, so we fully suspect Lucasfilm is preparing to announce the title (whatever it may be) very soon. Would you like that? Initial reaction here is positive, but we're still hesitant because another SW movie would have "of the" in the title. BotE?

Obi-Wan :P