Queues

Jen

I was wondering if anyone can give me and accurate answer to this question. Was there only one main queue to enter the event?I'm sure it said number 22 on my ticket. yet when I arrived in the signing section there was at least 100 people in front of me. By the time I reached the guest, the photos had been banned and every percon was being rushed away. When I asked the staff, I was told it was the queue who'd just been let in??? :angel: Another member of staff told me it was the ones from all the stalls. He probably meant the ones that I saw casually stroll past me at 8.00 after i'd already been standing there for 2 and a half hours in the freezing cold.

Also, as much as I hate compaining, I like to see everything run fairly. When I joined the queue at 5.30am there was just a few people infront of me, but many new arrivers seemd to think they could just wander to the front because they knew the people in the queue. Do they think that all the people behind them got up early to stand out in the freezing cold and watch the sunrise :P

Sorry, im still worn out :angel:

I was mainly taking about the main queue to enter the event. Me and my friends went early in order to be the first ones who met certain guests. We belived this way we may get photos. We we in the queue to get in we were given numbered tickets. As soon as the doors were opened my sister ran to the back of the room to get virtual tickets and there was loads of people already inside queueing up. We just wondered if anyone had been let in through another door. If they were just people from the stalls then really they should have been told to wait until we had been let in, to make it fair on those of us who got there really early. I hope thats a little clearer.

Sorry, im still worn out :borg:

I was mainly taking about the main queue to enter the event. Me and my friends went early in order to be the first ones who met certain guests. We belived this way we may get photos. We we in the queue to get in we were given numbered tickets. As soon as the doors were opened my sister ran to the back of the room to get virtual tickets and there was loads of people already inside queueing up. We just wondered if anyone had been let in through another door. If they were just people from the stalls then really they should have been told to wait until we had been let in, to make it fair on those of us who got there really early. I hope thats a little clearer.

The people you saw already queuing were more than likely to be dealers maybe even members of the press, who obviously were already inside!!!!!!!!!!!

They waited for their turn the same as everyone else. There is no way anyone apart from people working there were let in early. The actual Wembley security are very strict like that!!!!!!

It was just a thought.

I actually thought the idea of going along the queue and taking everyones money before the doors opened was a really good idea and saved a lot of time.

Yeah, I know that's what confused me :lol:

On the Saturday I was the very 1st person to get a John Rhys Davies ticket : number 53. On the Sunday my sister was the very 1st person to get a Billy Boyd ticket: number 99. I'm not complaining really because I got an autograph and a photo with everyone I met, it is a little disheartening though when you queue for that long. :P

Love jen xx

Many thanks to the ten or so people who pushed into the front of the outside queue on the sunday morning around 9:30. How lucky you are that you have a friend who can keep ten places for you and ignore the hundreds of people behind you queing for over two hours in the cold.

How considerate it was to ask all the people behind who queued right round the corner, tired,cold and hungry, if you could just push in.

What was your excuse, you were taking turns to go to the toilet to keep a place, funny how no one had seen any of you all morning. I was there for two hours and never saw you at all, where was this toilet, manchester ?? ten of you at one time ?? dont insult our intelligence !

I had a great weekend and was happy to queue for as long as it took, yes i would have liked to have been nearer the front but i have respect for other people, if you are the guilty party I hope you have the guts to apologise to everyone you annoyed

That was my other point. I have no problem with people leaving the queues to go to McDonalds or whatever, but over half the people who ended up in front of me were new arrivals that just strolled down half an hour b4 the event opened. I think showmasters need to supervise the outside queues as well as the indoor ones. Three people cannot hold a place for 15.

Love Jen xx

This sort of thing is enevitable and will always happen. I'm sure the guilty parties did feel guilty about it but then it's survival of the fittest aint it? I know it's hard to speak out to strangers who push in but you WILL get the full support of others in the queue who will admire and respect you plus it'll make the guilty look like assholes too.

I can help with the mystery of the less than low numbers as I gave out tickets for John Noble on Saturday. The books did not start at one. Most of them started at fifty. So there was no conspiracy. Not sure about the Billy numbers but it won't have started at one either. None of the guests tickets started that low. Its just a quirk of the ticketing process.

we arrived there arond 8:45/9am I think and when the SM's came to sell us tickets - GREAT idea peeps!!! I had ticket to get in 95, yey!

rushed to the back ASAP of course and had BB ticket I think 141 and JRD something simular, was surprised Andy was also up to near 150! great guy, met him at c4, just thought BB would have the masses in his queue!!

about people pushing in the queue

I agree that this is inevitable and happends from everything to shopping at Tesco, getting movie tickets and trying to talk to your uni lectuter!

I was not impressed when a few people tried it in front of us (not directly in front, cause there's no way we'd have let that happen) but I wasn't really in a position to do anything about it. if they HAD tried to cut directly in front of us, there would have been trouble!!! any ADULTS present then you could have all protested and just "pushed" these people aside?!? if everyone stands really tightly, there's no space for them to get into!

as for you people queueing at 5:30am, we go there at 9am and got tickets no probs so you are all crazy!!!!!! :yoda: (ok though I confess that I had wanted to join the queue at 7am but was luckilly dis-sauded!!!

peace out peeps, no affence intended to everyone, am just babbling :lol:

xx

:P Hey it's not really that crazy is it? ;)

I mean, fair enough, my feet did freeze, i was starving hungrey, and my legs were aching, but it's all part of the convention experience. I was the 1st person to meet John Noble, the 1st person to meet John Rhys Davies and I got photos with every guest I met. Plus it's quite exciting all hanging out together in the queue with loads of other excited people. There was a group of girls who had been there since 4am, now that's a long wait.

Love Jen xx

i think the craziest thing about queue jumping that happened to me over the weekend was that, in the queue for talk 2 on the sunday, there was this group of people to the left of us who one of them had a huge argument with my friend about how wrong she thought queue jumping was(we weren't doing it they were) and then she pushed in as soon as she could. It wasn't fair at all.

I don't think I did anything that upset or offended anyone all weekend, I'm very sorry if I did, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

Luv me x x x

I know what you mean, it can be really frustrating when you got there early, waited for x number of hours and a load of people appear from no where and swan into the queue in front of you becase there mate drew the short straw to get their early and keep their dozen or so places in the queue.

As one of the earlier threads said this happens in all different areas of life and sadly there is not really anthing you can do about it.

Once in the venue the new ticketing system worked far better and compared to C4 worked like a dream.

O.K. there were still a few people that thought they would stand in front of the queue line with ticket 642 , when Billy was only on 250 and you had to stand behind them, but thankfully in my expereince they weren't let in and I got the last laugh as the queue steward told them to move to the side and let me through.

One quick thought for Showmasters for C5, with the big queues have a steward that walks up the queue outside of the cordoned area and for people that have numbers way off who are just blocking up the area ask them to come back in one hour or whatever is appropriate in relation to the guests signing at the time. Thus allowing those who actually have a relevant ticket not to spend an extra half an hour behind these people who are not going to get in.

i think a small minority were very subjective in their thinking over the weekend. they said things were fair when they directly benefited from it (e.g. their friend saving them a place) and things were unfair when they didn't directly benefit from it (e.g. virtual queues). i think it would help if this minority thought about how they would feel if they were the person who'd sat freezing for hours only to have ten people push in front or if they had waited to see a guest all day only to be told they would miss out because others were breaking the rules. most visitors to London Film and Comic Con were in good spirits but some had their day spoiled by a select few who were inconsiderate. inconsideration forced the complete ban of photography in billy boyd's queue. we tried our best to allow photography but a small minority slowed the queue so much it had to be stopped.

HOUDINIA

I was in the area of the Billy BOyd queue when the ban on photos was implemented. I'd already had my autograph I was just waiting for some friends. I did notice Houdinia announce through the megaphone that you couldn't join the queue unless u just wanted an autograph and then the next 5 people in the queue still took photos. That is why the ban ended up being so strict, because people ignored the crew wen they said they couldnt have photos.

This, I feel in a way is understandable. When I was in the queue, i was only 3 places from the front wen Houdinia told the lady at the front not to allow anymore photos. The same thing happened when I met Elijah. If you are alrealy in the queue and jsut two minutes away from the front then it can be really dissaponting. I think if a photo ban is to be started half way through the morning then they should at least let the rest of the queue get their photos and say ' anyone joining the queue from now on doenst get photos.'

I still think however that people wouldn't not mind paying a little extra to get a photo as well. I've been to events where photo sessions are seperate and can cost up to £15 for one guest; and the tickets are still sold out. If they had the photos taken straight after signing then everyone would be much happier:

The organizers would get more money

The fans would all get their photos if they wanted them

The crew wouldn't have to feel bad disappointing everyone

The stars wouldnt' be forced to upset their fans

Of course they may get through a few less autographs in a day, but it can't be that many less than if 1 in 5 people wants to ask a question or show a star their drawings. If there was someone there in the queue to ensure everyone had their cameras ready and the photographer was in position then the time taken would be minimal. I have seen this system used in the past and it worked very smoothly.

Love Jen xx

Many thanks to the ten or so people who pushed into the front of the outside queue on the sunday morning around 9:30. How lucky you are that you have a friend who can keep ten places for you and ignore the hundreds of people behind you queing for over two hours in the cold.

How considerate it was to ask all the people behind who queued right round the corner, tired,cold and hungry, if you could just push in.

What was your excuse, you were taking turns to go to the toilet to keep a place, funny how no one had seen any of you all morning. I was there for two hours and never saw you at all, where was this toilet, manchester ?? ten of you at one time ?? dont insult our intelligence !

I had a great weekend and was happy to queue for as long as it took, yes i would have liked to have been nearer the front but i have respect for other people, if you are the guilty party I hope you have the guts to apologise to everyone you annoyed

I have nothing more to add to this post as Yeltz and I have already made our feelings known about these ignorant prats! ;)

We did get a security guy (the very young one with the black plait) to have a go, but they spun the child some weak and pathetic tale of having to save places to go to the loo! :P Yeah, so it takes 10 of you to go to the loo together...right!

I just hope that someone does the same to that lot one day and see how they like that! :P