Still Unofficial?

CharlotteP

I do understand disappointment from people but coming on here and repeatedly asking for Cullens and updates etc really isn't going to change anything.

Sadly things get announced if and when they can, and nothing can change that. Plus, it is a Twilight con, not a Cullen con as we say every time.

I know you all need to vent but at the same time it really doesn't help anyone.

The Cullans ARE twilight and it was ME that got the ball rolling by implying what they did at ET6.

I think our point is that Massive Events should think before making promises they may not be able to keep. Perhaps learn from their mistakes instead of repeatedly making them. It would save a lot of disappointment. People could make a well informed decision whether or not to buy tickets instead of buying tickets based on something that may not happen resulting in us feeling cheated.

Right now Im wanting my money back ..

Edited by crescita

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cullans ARE twilight and it was ME that got the ball rolling by implying what they did at ET6.

Right now Im wanting my money back ..

Crescita,

don't shoot me for what i'm going to say, okay?

I totally agree with you that Twilight = Cullens for 75% of it. 20% is the wolfpack and 5% all the supporting cast. That's how I feel it.

I've missed ET1 because I only discovered about such events days before it took place... in belgium such meet&greet events are totally strange to us. I joined ET2 back in northampton and I have to say the buzz in that small hotel has not been overwon by the big Hilton. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the hilton, their bedrooms & mighty breakfast is lot better than what we've got at park inn. But Et2 was i don't know, it's difficult to put in words, like the fanbased feeling was lot bigger, touchable then; the sense of all those fans was more intense at northampton than in birmingham.

I didn't went to et6 'cause I was doing another show m&g thing, but when I've read about ET7 becoming official and higher cast guest and join the humming feeling I had after watching Breaking dawn, well I booked it... and like you i check daily this forum and facebook for news. And I also do feel that bit dissappointment because things don't get more done. But I believe ME is doing their best to make it work, the rumours about a takeover of Summit ain't helping to get those papers signed...

If it turns out that it is not what they had made public, (specially because they would have blocked selling tickets to new attendees if it became official) I also might reconsider if ET7 could become my last ET at all.

but for now: I keep faith, my fingers crossed and I look forward to that fantastic event because believe me, when it comes to events & parties Massive Events wins the contest of the best eventorganiser with miles of distance, believe me... (I have been to other events from another company, that is what I call DISAPPOINTMENT).

btw I'm Ruthy :)

Time to get epically shot down here. I love the ET's but have only been doing them since ET3 as I didn't even know about them before then as I hadn't seen Twilight or even read it before the movie came out. I loved them from the get go but I admit I am a great follower of the Showmasters and Massive Events conventions and have been doing their various conventions now since 2003.

The conventions for me aren't just the guests though they are a help but also the great people I have met through them. Its not just the guests who make the conventions but also the attendees. I don't recall exactly what was said at ET6 other than they were going official and they were hoping this would bring them more oppertunities. Maybe it is a let down for people who did ET1 when they had so many Cullens but you have to understand that this isn't always as possible now as they actors are following other paths with their careers and may not be as readily available as they were when these conventions started.

Jason stated he hopes to get all the (I'm guessing main/secondary) cast to these events and I believe he will hold true to his word and try his damned hardest. Yes I know people are displeased that they haven't got the guests they were expecting (even though no speculation was given to who would be announced) but thats just how it works.

Maybe instead of doing all the complaining we do, and yes I will put my hand up and say I have done it before we should congratulate Jason and Mark and the rest of the SM/ME team on putting on these amazing events which have never once failed to amaze me.

Time to get epically shot down here. I love the ET's but have only been doing them since ET3 as I didn't even know about them before then as I hadn't seen Twilight or even read it before the movie came out. I loved them from the get go but I admit I am a great follower of the Showmasters and Massive Events conventions and have been doing their various conventions now since 2003.

The conventions for me aren't just the guests though they are a help but also the great people I have met through them. Its not just the guests who make the conventions but also the attendees. I don't recall exactly what was said at ET6 other than they were going official and they were hoping this would bring them more oppertunities. Maybe it is a let down for people who did ET1 when they had so many Cullens but you have to understand that this isn't always as possible now as they actors are following other paths with their careers and may not be as readily available as they were when these conventions started.

Jason stated he hopes to get all the (I'm guessing main/secondary) cast to these events and I believe he will hold true to his word and try his damned hardest. Yes I know people are displeased that they haven't got the guests they were expecting (even though no speculation was given to who would be announced) but thats just how it works.

Maybe instead of doing all the complaining we do, and yes I will put my hand up and say I have done it before we should congratulate Jason and Mark and the rest of the SM/ME team on putting on these amazing events which have never once failed to amaze me.

Well I'm not gonna shoot you down. I agree with every single word you've written in that. :P

I'm from Belgium and I've been to ALL ET events, and I went gold for all of them too! I've loved every single one of them and some of the best moments in my life I've experienced at these event! Big hooray and thank you ME for that!

It's not like I'm rich or anything, because I am NOT. I work AND I go to college now too. Money for me is something very valuable and I can't go throwing it around. Every penny that I have left at the end of the month, I save for ET. I try to live as 'sober' as possible so I have enough money for these events. Because it's d*mn expensive for me, gold ticket, flight tickets, train tickets to and from the airport, hotel, etc. Not forgetting I need to eat at those events as well, so that costs me too. I spent at least €700 for 1 event... For me that is A LOT of money that I could use for college and other stuff like clothes and food.

I went to the previous ET evenst with friends from Germany. Sadly enough they couldn't come to this one. I was seriously doubting to come to this one as well, as I don't know many other people there (read: no-one). But after they announced it was official, I immediately bought my ticket, thinking I couldn't miss out on this one!

But like many others here, I'm starting to worry... I don't blame ME for anything, but I'm not impressed by the guest list nor the lack of news. It's not that I want the main characters (tho that'd be awesome haha), but at least I was expecting some NEW names and not people we already met 3 times or people that we haven't even seen in the movies yet. They appear in the movie for like 5 minutes... Nobody has ever heard of them or anything and yet they get to come to this event. I know they are GREAT guests, no doubt, but I'd love to meet someone like Jackson Rathbone or Nikki Reed, or even Xavier Samuel, cause he got a pretty big role in Eclipse and I think he is totally cute :P haha. But no such luck... I personally think ME could better spent their money on 1 'bigger' guest, than inviting all these 'smaller' guests. As I think that most people will care more about one bigger guest than about 3 smaller guests, I guess. It's NOT the quantity that matters, it's the quality! I'd rather have 3 'more main' guests, than 6 'smaller' guests. Or is that just me?

I'm starting to really regret buying a ticket... Other events I had my doubts too, but at least I had my friends! Now I have no one. I can't even find a room mate! One thing is for sure tho, if I can't find a room mate, I'll have to cancel anyway, because I simply can't afford a room on my own at this stage in my life. It would be a total waste of money tho, as I already paid for both my gold ticket and my airplane tickets and there is a strict 'no-return-policy' on both of them. But I really can't see any other way :chair: Why did I go and buy me that gold ticket anyway? I should have followed my mates advice ... *sigh*

• Moderators

But like many others here, I'm starting to worry... I don't blame ME for anything, but I'm not impressed by the guest list nor the lack of news. It's not that I want the main characters (tho that'd be awesome haha), but at least I was expecting some NEW names and not people we already met 3 times or people that we haven't even seen in the movies yet. They appear in the movie for like 5 minutes... Nobody has ever heard of them or anything and yet they get to come to this event. I know they are GREAT guests, no doubt, but I'd love to meet someone like Jackson Rathbone or Nikki Reed, or even Xavier Samuel, cause he got a pretty big role in Eclipse and I think he is totally cute :P haha. But no such luck... I personally think ME could better spent their money on 1 'bigger' guest, than inviting all these 'smaller' guests. As I think that most people will care more about one bigger guest than about 3 smaller guests, I guess. It's NOT the quantity that matters, it's the quality! I'd rather have 3 'more main' guests, than 6 'smaller' guests. Or is that just me?

BooBoo has only been to one ET event, and that was back in 2010.

Noel Fisher hasn't been before, has done a lot of other work, and he was requested by a lot of people that I saw.

Christian Camargo hasn't been before either, again has a very good body of work, and was in BD1 as well as the second part.

If it were as easy as "here's your budget, and here's all the guests you can pick from" then that'd be nice. Surely ANY organiser would like to have their pick of Jackson, Nikki or anyone else. It's not like ME have said "no thanks Nikki Reed, we'd rather have these 7 other guests!" or anything. ME put together the best lineup they can with the people who are available and affordable.

What if they wait and wait and wait and wait for that 1 bigger guest, only for them to not be available? Then what happens? They have no one in the lineup at all.

Seriously, I do understand why people are disappointed, but I also wish people understood how difficult an event like this is to put together. ME KNOW what people want - it's not for lack of trying or lack of understanding the fanbase, believe me. They're very knowledgable and very professional in what they do.

People are disappointed because of the announcement made at ET6!!!

Those of us who are 'complaining' didn't just wake up one morning and think "oh! The next ET should be official...and better...and have bigger guests!!"

We didn't plant the seed, we're just reacting to the hype that had been built up.

If that announcement had not been made I would not have bought a ticket and I would not have to be putting up posts like this!

That announcement tugged at my heart strings and my wallet!!

I really really REALLY hope you make me eat my words, prove me wrong and restore my faith!!

Put up a guest I don't have double check who they are on IMDB please!!!

Edited by coveredinfeathers

The only announcement I really remember at ET6 is that they were going official and hoping this would open up more oppertunities for guests as some are contracted by Summit to only appear at official conventions. That is how I percieved that comment. Just that by going official that they "hoped" to be able to get guests they couldn't get when they were an unofficial convention. I guess people perceive things that are said differently

The only announcement I really remember at ET6 is that they were going official and hoping this would open up more oppertunities for guests as some are contracted by Summit to only appear at official conventions. That is how I percieved that comment. Just that by going official that they "hoped" to be able to get guests they couldn't get when they were an unofficial convention. I guess people perceive things that are said differently

I agree with Sam. Yes when I first heard official I thought "yayy Ashley!" just in the hype of it, but then thinking back it was never said that "we're going to be official therefore we will definitely get bigger guests. However lovely that would be, it wasn't a promise. Nothing ws 100% promised but some people took it that it was.

Now let's be all pixie like vampires and be optimistic, we have three awesome guests with hopefully more to come, awesome parties and friends to meet up with. I for one actually cannot wait. (:

they did mentionn bigger guests when they say they will be come official, saying it should be easier and less risk of cancellations. I understand why people are dissapointed.

ME hasn't done any announcements about the con for a little while and one of their last post was "more news and guests very soon". We still haven't heard anything about being officiel since ET6.

Yes, I know it's paperwork, legal stuff etc... just saying I understand why some people are disappointed or worried if you prefer.

As far as I can tell from reading through all these comments, nobody has accused SM/ME of lying, just of over-hyping an event when really the 'official' announcement should have been saved for when it actually was official. It *was* strongly hinted that being the 'Official Twilight Convention' would secure the bigger guests due to contractual obligations and, in hindsight, that was an unfair thing for SM/ME to do because, clearly, it has caused a bit of controversy.

The last ET was, as always, fun. But, I have to admit, it was fun because I'm there with my friends. The same friends that I often have fun with at weekends for a fraction of the cost! The guests, no matter how unknown, are always lovely. Nobody is disputing that. But, honestly, the majority of us don't spend these large sums of money to meet the character who is on screen for five minutes (or, as is the case for some past guests, two minutes). It's nice to meet them, it really is, but nice is a weak word when meeting some of the bigger guests (not even the big three, as others have also said on here) would be BLOODYAMAZINGFANTASTICAWESOMEOMG. And, although not grammatically correct, that is the big difference.

I hate to be cynical because (I really can't stress this enough because I don't want to seem like this is a big moan) I do have a blast at ET but it could be construed that the 'official' announcement was deliberately made prematurely to boost ticket sales. I'm sure SM/ME are working very hard to secure this status, but I can't help but feel it might have been because of the weak line up of the last ET (weak in terms of big star power and/or repeated guests, not weak in terms of perfectly pleasant people).

We are all waiting with baited breath and desperate hope for SM/ME to come good. It seems to me that nobody is attacking the organisers, just suggesting that they shouldn't have gotten our hopes up (again and again).

Looking forward to the next guest announcements, but hoping this won't be my last ET xxx

I hate to be cynical because (I really can't stress this enough because I don't want to seem like this is a big moan) I do have a blast at ET but it could be construed that the 'official' announcement was deliberately made prematurely to boost ticket sales. I'm sure SM/ME are working very hard to secure this status, but I can't help but feel it might have been because of the weak line up of the last ET (weak in terms of big star power and/or repeated guests, not weak in terms of perfectly pleasant people).

We are very much in agreement!!

Anyway guys at least something has been made official!

Lionsgate are OFFICIALLY buying out summit:

http://team-twilight.com/20120114/lionsgat...-to-buy-summit/

We are very much in agreement!!

Anyway guys at least something has been made official!

Lionsgate are OFFICIALLY buying out summit:

http://team-twilight.com/20120114/lionsgat...-to-buy-summit/

Yeah I read this yesterday I think it was. Can imagine this possibly causing a damper on the official thing for now. Lets just cross fingers that we get there eventually.

As far as I can tell from reading through all these comments, nobody has accused SM/ME of lying, just of over-hyping an event when really the 'official' announcement should have been saved for when it actually was official. It *was* strongly hinted that being the 'Official Twilight Convention' would secure the bigger guests due to contractual obligations and, in hindsight, that was an unfair thing for SM/ME to do because, clearly, it has caused a bit of controversy.

The last ET was, as always, fun. But, I have to admit, it was fun because I'm there with my friends. The same friends that I often have fun with at weekends for a fraction of the cost! The guests, no matter how unknown, are always lovely. Nobody is disputing that. But, honestly, the majority of us don't spend these large sums of money to meet the character who is on screen for five minutes (or, as is the case for some past guests, two minutes). It's nice to meet them, it really is, but nice is a weak word when meeting some of the bigger guests (not even the big three, as others have also said on here) would be BLOODYAMAZINGFANTASTICAWESOMEOMG. And, although not grammatically correct, that is the big difference.

We are all waiting with baited breath and desperate hope for SM/ME to come good. It seems to me that nobody is attacking the organisers, just suggesting that they shouldn't have gotten our hopes up (again and again).

Looking forward to the next guest announcements, but hoping this won't be my last ET xxx

nicely put!

nicely put!

Yes i agree:)

I think, that should the guest list not get any better, than the only option would be to not stay the whole weekend.. for me anyway. i just refuse to add another £160+ to the bill if i dont see it as being worth it. Id just go for the day like i had to for ET3.

Edited by crescita

well at et6 me and my sister only went for the saturday, we wernt going to go at all but she wanted to meet charlie,id seen him at previous ets but we went anyway, and we said that was the last one we went to as we wernt too impressed, but when we got back and heard all the gossip abt being official and hyped up etc we quickly bought another silver ticket to go, but now im really regretting this even more so than the last et,

i go to meet the guests not to see other ppl who are interested in twilight, that may sound bad but i dont mean it that way, if the guest list stays as is then were feffo not going cos like others have said to add transport costs and the hotel costs etc on top then its not worth it for us anyway, but if we do go then this deffo is the last and ive been to 4 of them :0(

nicely put!

Yes i agree:)

I think, that should the guest list not get any better, than the only option would be to not stay the whole weekend.. for me anyway. i just refuse to add another �160+ to the bill if i dont see it as being worth it. Id just go for the day like i had to for ET3.

Yeah myself and my friends have been discussing doing the same thing!! Save every penny we can and just stay the Saturday night!!

well at et6 me and my sister only went for the saturday, we wernt going to go at all but she wanted to meet charlie,id seen him at previous ets but we went anyway, and we said that was the last one we went to as we wernt too impressed, but when we got back and heard all the gossip abt being official and hyped up etc we quickly bought another silver ticket to go, but now im really regretting this even more so than the last et,

i go to meet the guests not to see other ppl who are interested in twilight, that may sound bad but i dont mean it that way, if the guest list stays as is then were feffo not going cos like others have said to add transport costs and the hotel costs etc on top then its not worth it for us anyway, but if we do go then this deffo is the last and ive been to 4 of them :0(

If you read previous posts you will see you're not the only one thinking this at all so it doesn't sound bad! We are in the same boat!

Looks like at present there's going to be quite a few upset faces :WAVE:

Wonder what the main topic of conversation will be at the convention..hmmm... lol

I just wanted to add my two-penneth worth - why not?

Firstly, I wanted to say thank you to everyone at SM/ME who work damned hard to organise these events with a company based in another country. It cannot be easy, it isn't easy, I don't envy the team and I'm really grateful for all they do to try and make these events memorable.

Secondly, these events are all about Twilight, whatever forms that may come in. I enjoy meeting other fans, making new friends, chatting with the vendors, spending time with the authors we are lucky to meet and generally enjoying myself. This is why I buy tickets for a convention even though, like everyone now, money is extremely tight. Also, the cost for this event is pretty reasonable. Looking at other similar events held by other companies, you get far less and it costs more, most don't provide photos for signings and you have to pay extra if more guests come - really, these events are incredible value for money.

Thirdly, I don't really see how we can complain about a lack of information. A lot of what goes on at meetings to organise the sort of agreements we're after are highly secretive and really can't be discussed with anyone. When the announcement was made at ET6, the agreements were literally on the table to be signed, otherwise ME couldn't have said anything. Summit have then obviously pulled the agreement based on what they were working on with Lionsgate, and let's be honest, making a little Twilight convention in the UK official has probably been very low on the list of priorities. Imagine how awful Mark and the team must feel and how disappointed and frustrated THEY are, never mind us. This is something they work on day in day out and they must feel as though they are working against the tide, fighting for answers.

Whilst I appreciate what people are saying about buying their ticket on the premise of better guests, and believe me I did the same and I ummed and ahhhed over it, we made that decision ourselves and if we didn't believe that SM would pull it out of the bag then we wouldn't have splurged. It's only my opinion and, just like everyone else who has voiced theirs, I hope you don't shoot me down. But personally, I feel really lucky to have such a committed team flogging themselves to pull together an amazing event for us even if everything is conspiring against them. And how gutting to have people complain about the work they are doing, to know people plan on complaining about it at the Con itself - I think I'd have given up if it was me. I love my job because it's rewarding - I am sure SM love theirs for the same reason.

SO let's have a little SM love - who's with me? :whistling:

Firstly, I wanted to say thank you to everyone at SM/ME who work damned hard to organise these events with a company based in another country. It cannot be easy, it isn't easy, I don't envy the team and I'm really grateful for all they do to try and make these events memorable.

Secondly, these events are all about Twilight, whatever forms that may come in. I enjoy meeting other fans, making new friends, chatting with the vendors, spending time with the authors we are lucky to meet and generally enjoying myself. This is why I buy tickets for a convention even though, like everyone now, money is extremely tight. Also, the cost for this event is pretty reasonable. Looking at other similar events held by other companies, you get far less and it costs more, most don't provide photos for signings and you have to pay extra if more guests come - really, these events are incredible value for money.

Thirdly, I don't really see how we can complain about a lack of information. A lot of what goes on at meetings to organise the sort of agreements we're after are highly secretive and really can't be discussed with anyone. When the announcement was made at ET6, the agreements were literally on the table to be signed, otherwise ME couldn't have said anything. Summit have then obviously pulled the agreement based on what they were working on with Lionsgate, and let's be honest, making a little Twilight convention in the UK official has probably been very low on the list of priorities. Imagine how awful Mark and the team must feel and how disappointed and frustrated THEY are, never mind us. This is something they work on day in day out and they must feel as though they are working against the tide, fighting for answers.

Whilst I appreciate what people are saying about buying their ticket on the premise of better guests, and believe me I did the same and I ummed and ahhhed over it, we made that decision ourselves and if we didn't believe that SM would pull it out of the bag then we wouldn't have splurged. It's only my opinion and, just like everyone else who has voiced theirs, I hope you don't shoot me down. But personally, I feel really lucky to have such a committed team flogging themselves to pull together an amazing event for us even if everything is conspiring against them. And how gutting to have people complain about the work they are doing, to know people plan on complaining about it at the Con itself - I think I'd have given up if it was me. I love my job because it's rewarding - I am sure SM love theirs for the same reason.

^^^ This!

Completely agree i really do feel bad for sm/me having all this negitive feedback. Et6 was my first con and im gutted I never found out about them before! I had an amazing weekend and met some of my best friends who made the weekend ever more special. Im keeping my fingers crossed and my trust in the team to pull off another amazing weekend that we'll all enjoy! There's a month still to go until the convention, alot can happen in a month. :-) x

I want to hug you right now. I completely agree! :)

SO let's have a little SM love - who's with me? :dance:

Couldn't have said it more perfectly myself!! The tickets for ET's really aren't expensive in comparison to other con's, it's the b****y Hilton that's too expensive!! Lol, but that's another conversation entirely. I couldn't care less that only 3 guests have been announced, it's going to be awesome either way!

And just for the record, they didn't actually say that they would be able to get 'bigger' guests, they said they'd have more access to some of the actors. In hindsight I'm sure they would have chosen to keep the possible 'official' status under wraps but they weren't to know that things were going to go pear shaped. I bet they're more disappointed than we are!

It's going to be a brilliant weekend, relax and enjoy what's to come :whistling:

SO let's have a little SM love - who's with me? :dance:

Couldn't have said it more perfectly myself!! The tickets for ET's really aren't expensive in comparison to other con's, it's the b****y Hilton that's too expensive!! Lol, but that's another conversation entirely. I couldn't care less that only 3 guests have been announced, it's going to be awesome either way!

And just for the record, they didn't actually say that they would be able to get 'bigger' guests, they said they'd have more access to some of the actors. In hindsight I'm sure they would have chosen to keep the possible 'official' status under wraps but they weren't to know that things were going to go pear shaped. I bet they're more disappointed than we are!

It's going to be a brilliant weekend, relax and enjoy what's to come :whistling:

Well said to you both. I can see where others are coming from though. People DO go to the conventions for different reasons. Some go to meet other fans, some go to meet the guests, some even go just to have a weekend away from real life. I go for all the above as the combination of all three makes an excellent weekend. I can see how for people who are only interested in the guests would be disappointed but hey ho someone will always be disappointed for one reason or another. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I feel really bad for SM/ME also for all the negative comments.

I personally think that they have some good guests lined up but are waiting to suprise everyone with them on the actual day like they have done before? (i hope so anyway!) i am feeling a little deflated about the guest line up, but im still leaving room for that BIG suprise announcement(s) on the day!! :-) fingers crossed!!