Comments and suggestions

Dragonmate, there was no way that guy was Showmasters...he treated the SM guy who sat by him with complete contempt...whoever you were son, good job and I hope that mineral water was indeed "at room temperature":)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the swarmy looking tanned guy with Adam west who was not wearing a blue crew t-shirt and asking for your name to give to Adam as he was passed the photo???

No, not him. He was OK.

The short guy who first collected your money.

funkyjudge

personally i had a really great time this weekend. due to the hard floor, running around, never sitting down and 12 hour days every part of my body hurts... didn't realise how unfit i was lol. :P

i think 99% of people were in great humour through the event. someone made a good point earlier in this thread about people complaining when they couldn't bend / break the rules. of course there will be some genuine beefs but the only real problems i came across were when people were trying to bypass the virtual queue system. :huh:

all the fans were great and believe me it's hard to rush people so others can see the guest before they leave. it's very special to see how excited people get and i know the crew sometimes seem like the "bad guys" but i promise we're just doing our job and trying to please everyone. i'd especially like to thank the fans who had to wait around all day to see guests like LeVar, Brent, John RD, Andy and Billy. almost every person in the queue was patient, understanding and friendly. :D

thanks to the guests for coming all sorts of distances to meet their fans. :D

HUGE thanks to the LFaCC crew!!!!! you guys rock. i'm sorry for every crappy job i gave anyone, i'm sorry if you had to wait for a pee break or a fag (i'm talking to you louise). i'm sorry if you were bored or stressed. i'm sorry your feet hurt and you were tired and hungry. i'm amazed at everyone's patience, dedication and commitment. there wasn't a single crew member at the event who wasn't a star in some unique way. i am so, so grateful that people were willing to do anything at a moments notice for as long as i needed them to.

loads of hugs and kisses to my fellow pit bosses Elvis, Ian and Matt. thanks for keeping me sane and keeping me smiling. :P

special thanks to Showmasters who, unsurprisingly, have pulled it off once again. thanks for organising such a great event and letting me work there. :D hats off to Jason, Mark, Andrea, Steff and James... and John ;)

see you all at collectormania 5!

HOUDINIA

Howdy Showmasters

Thanks very much for the event which I enjoyed just as much as the previous shows.

The guest list was really good.

I particularly though that the empty tables which ran to the side of the queues for the quests were great, you could unpack your posters and things ready to be signed without holding up the rest of fan's.

The queues for the quests (once your ticket number was called) on the whole seemed to move quite quickly, with the odd exception. I managed to visit all of the guests I wanted to see by about 11:00 on Saturday morning with the exception of JRD, but meet him soon after.

Some of the stewards were really helpful, the lady that was with Andy on Saturday morning did a great job of helping the inbound fans.

*** This is no criticism, just an observation *** I too will echo what has already been said about Billy and the no photo's. He did seem a little distant (possibly due to his journey down) I'm sure all the fan's who have met Billy before will agree that he is always in high spirits and happy to have photos taken, and based on this would make allowance for an 'off day'. However, fan's meeting him for the first time on Saturday could have gotten the wrong end of the stick. In his defence he did stand up for a fan and tell a steward off for laying down the no photo policy a little too harshly.

On the suggestions front;

ATM - I know it's the exhibition centre's problem, but could you suggest to them having one installed?

Comic guests - I know it's been said before, but for the November show any chance of some big names - MIKE MIGNOLA please.

Don’t listen to the guy’s who say “too many LOTR guests”, I say more LOTR, much more, oh and Mike Mignola.

Cheers guys

Don’t listen to the guy’s who say “too many LOTR guests”, I say more LOTR, much more, oh and Mike Mignola

Indeed - I know many people who don't like LotR say 'no more LotR guests' but they are obviously popular and whatnot. I think the main reason people say this is because it can cause such havoc (though not always on the pandemonium-style scale that was CM4)

Perhaps this could be remedied at any future LFCC's by keeping all the LotR guests at one end of the line of guests, with say perhaps the slightly less busy ones (Sala Baker, etc) nearer the middle, so to separate the huge-ass LotR queues from the other groups/people

*that might not nake much sense - I got back home just a few hours ago from LFCC - am so tired!! May post more when I'm a bit more coherent!*

Thank you Showmasters for such a wonderful weekend!

We went to queue just an hour early on Saturday and managed to meet everyone we wanted to in the first few hours! I met Billy twice during the weekend. The virtual ticket system worked perfectly. Both of the LOTRs talks were also excellent.

It was so well organised and I’m glad you learnt lessons from the last Collectormania. You all did a wonderful job, I had such a great time and I just can’t thank you enough.

Hey.

I'm new, I joined to find out about Collectormaina, which I hope to be able to attend -- this based on the event today and the great time that I had there.

All in all I had no problems, I had a fabulous day. I didn't get any autographs from anyone, mostly because I object to having to pay for them, or at least pay so much for them, but that's just my own opinion and has no bearing on anything really, I just had to say it.

I digress, yes, I had a wonderful time, but there were a few things that could use improvement. The lack of enough seating was severely evident, at one point I and those with me sat on the floor because all the seats were taken.

Clearer signposts outside the event would have been useful, as we passed it once before finding it.

*edited because this was explained* Now reads, shouldn't there have been something offered in replacement of the mislaid giveaway photo's?? And why was this not explained before we left. I assumed that it meant the auction and so never asked about it until I realised there was supposed to be something given.

Other than that, great job. I had a truly slendid time and the Gollum auction was absolutely wonderful and the highlight of my already great day. If you can secure a Hobbit (or Andy Serkis) for collectormania, I will most certainly see you there!

Romy

Edited by andromeda

Are you talking about the swarmy looking tanned guy with Adam west who was not wearing a blue crew t-shirt and asking for your name to give to Adam as he was passed the photo???

I got the impression that he was not a Showmasters person for some reason and imagined he may have been Adam's son or something.....

No I'm talking about the guy stood next to him the steward. I'm afraid he kinda ruined the day for us, and my meet with Adam, who I have been waiting to meet for many years now.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

OK, I said as much to Andrea on the day.....I LOVED THE SHOW AND HAD A GRET DAY!

BUT

My one and only comlaint is the 'VIP's who were at the front of the Bob Anderson queue; how long were you for the love of God? The ones with the Star Wars posters.....

It says that you are allowed FIVE items each not 55. They must've delayed the whole queue by half an hour at least..

Hi we were just in front of you (stinkyberm) and found out later that 3 vips had 79 items signed when it clearly stated that it was 5 per person.

A big thankyou SMs for a great weekend.

We got to see all the guests we wanted to see and brought a few items from the dealers.

The only thing I found a bit off is when Levar had no queue on the Sunday (already brought 3 autos on the Saturday and Brent and Levar had a sign no photos), went up to take a photo and the steward at the end of the line said that would be 15 pounds. I thought that if a guest had no queue we could go up and meet them. Fair enough for Adam West no photos and no one was allow to take one, it was a shame 'cus I have been waiting for ages to meet him.

I would just like to say another BIG THANKYOU for a great weekend.

Hi showmasters,

I just wanted to say, THANKYOU so much for making the event brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!, especially the lady with short blonde hair and glasses, which made my mates day by letting her see Billy again when her camera broke. You are amazing thankyou soooooooo much.

God bless you x :angry:

I'm glad you see my point :angry: Cause then if they really was no time for photos from the queue or with the guest then at least you could still get some decent ones. There was no way to take any good Billy pics, apart from when in Thomas' queue.

Hi showmasters,

I just wanted to say, THANKYOU so much for making the event brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!, especially the lady with short blonde hair and glasses, which made my mates day by letting her see Billy again when her camera broke. You are amazing thankyou soooooooo much.

God bless you x

:angry:

thanks for that :D

we did try to help out wherever we could and it's very tough seeing people genuinely upset.

HOUDINIA

I'm not sure that Showmasters 'learnt' nothing from C4....I was very impressed with the virtual queuing and glad thate ach guest had specially printed tickets with their name and number on as opposed to just ordinary raffle tickets distributed at C4 for the hobbits.

Hi showmasters,

God bless you x

:blink:

I'll sneak a quick comment on this one too, 'cos I was there....

Houdy: it's comments like this that make EVERYTHING worthwhile ain't it?

Hi showmasters,

God bless you x

:blink:

I'll sneak a quick comment on this one too, 'cos I was there....

Houdy: it's comments like this that make EVERYTHING worthwhile ain't it?

good call!

HOUDINIA

A BIG THANK YOU to Showmasters!!!

I had a wonderful weekend. LFACC has been one of the best events I've been to so far(topped only by C4!).

The atmosphere was great, and the organisers were really nice people.

Thank you for organising a forum meet up with some of the LOTR stars, that was a really nice thought!!

Please please please continue to bring us such fantastic conventions in the future!!

I thought the whole event was tremendous. Having been doing conventions for about 15 years but I'd not been to a Showmasters one before and I was very impressed with the organisation. The autograph queues worked well and the crew were all very helpful and well informed.

The only slight critiscism I have is reagarding the talks. The layout wasn't the best it could have been as if you were sat at the back you couldn't see the guests who were talking without standing up for the duration of the talk and when you've been standing in autograph queues all day thats pretty tough on the legs! Maybe for the next one the stage could be slightly more raised so that we can get a better view.

I thought the dealers room was laid out very well and unlike previous dealers rooms I've been to there was plenty of room for people to move between the stands and get a good look at what was there without being shoved by people trying to get from one end of the hall to the other!

Huge thanks and congratulations to everyone involved in organising this, I know what an enormus undertaking it has been and want you all to know that its very much appreciated.

THe only thing I would say is that some of the guests weren't really well signed posted. I missed a couple of the people that I wanted to see as I couldn't find them!!

How about putting a floor plan up in various parts of the halls? Obviously you had a virtual numbering system of letting everyone know what tickets each guest was up to, so how about putting something up in those places?

It might also be nice to know which dealers are there on the plan as well - because I usually spend my money on autographs, I have very little left for the dealers area, but did buy a comic and a DVD, which we found purely by wandering whilst waiting for our taxi to arrive.

Okay, question to other people, who were the VIP people? I didn't know that there were any?

Elaine :blush: