Costumes, anyone?

Icena

Hello! I know it's quite a way away, but is anyone planning to cosplay? I know I'll be doing CofE Ianto on Saturday/Sunday with my angel wings, but nothing else is planned yet :lol: Possibly a female Cpt Jack,if I get the funds.

I'll get the ball rolling with one of me as Ianto. Different outfit and scar will be added for Saturday/Sunday!

th_iantoj1.png

-Cassie~

Edited by Icena

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice meeting you at LFCC :D

There are always a lot of Jacks, Johns and Iantos at The Hub. And most of them are women. Doctors and Companions, too, as some people see it as an extra Doctor Who con. After the auction, both this spring and last, we all rushed up to our rooms to watch the new DW episode. (And some of us will be doing the same for Merlin, this Hub.) A lot of people cosplay in the daytime, then either cosplay or go with the theme for the parties.

Edited by laurab1

i will be going as my ugly self :clap: but i will dress to impress at the parties :blink:

If I can go, I'll be going as myself too. I might bring my sari with me again because I don't get much chance to wear it otherwise but I can pretty much guarantee that sari or no sari, corsets will be involved...

Edited by Darth Ally

Can anyone tell me why Hub party themes are always announced so close to Hub dates???

I've read elsewhere something about that themes are difficult to come up with for Hubs. And yet I saw another Con (I'm sure it was an SM one) where they've already announced party themes, and it is something like 4 months before the event.

Not that I go to a lot of trouble or anything, but I like to get into the spirit of the event a bit if I can. I travel from Australia for Hub, and I can be leaving home anything up to 4 weeks before the Hub, so finding out about party themes 'so late in the day' is a real pain.

Can't we start getting party themes organised a few months out for a change? I wouldn't have thought it would be such a huge ask....I'm sure everyone on here will be full of suggestions :D

There's loads more themes we could do! What about colour themes? Animal themes? It just doesn't have to be time periods. I mean, really, it could be anything. We could have a fluffy underwear theme, although I'm not quite sure that'd be fitting! :unsure: Maybe we could start an ideas thread?

We could have a fluffy underwear theme, although I'm not quite sure that'd be fitting! ;)

Depends who's made them I supppose!:D

Oh dear, I set myself up for that, rather :P

I like the idea of a bedtime stories theme because you could come as a character out of a story, or in your pyjamas - whichever you preferred!

Love that idea :)

Doctors & Nurses would be good in honour of Owen, Rupesh & Vera. An American or Hollywood theme would be good too in honour of the new series/where it was shot.

Brilliant ideas!

How about we dress up as our favourite kind of cheese? ;D

Doctors & Nurses would be good in honour of Owen, Rupesh & Vera. An American or Hollywood theme would be good too in honour of the new series/where it was shot.

What about CIA as a theme? Wear your best suits and shades! Actually, the logo would look good on the official con badge, wouldn't it?

I like the idea of a bedtime stories theme because you could come as a character out of a story, or in your pyjamas - whichever you preferred!

amazing idea! that would be awesome :D

lets have a pyjama party with teddies to bring also :blush:

Edited by guardianz

I often try to make an effort with Costumes and this year will be no different.

I hope I can impress you all with my newest (& maybe even final) efforts.

-I often Dress as an "Alien/Monster" & sadly Torchwood has been lacking in that field the last two seasons.

* This year I am planning on wearing my costumes during the daytime and simply dress Smart-Casual for the parties.

Sneaky Heads up: There will be a new (3rd) Weevil Costume: The Best yet.