Should I be worried?

6'10", 22 stone and size 15 feet, is all I'm saying :dance:

You know what they say about men with big feet...

Big socks.

That's Socks, you filthy minded bunch :P

I am going to be the party pooper who answers the initial question now. :P

Last year a friend of mine was trying to get one of those Disneyland plastic light sabres in her hand luggage from Frankfurt to Heathrow.

You could clearly see it was a plastic toy (and a pretty light weight one at that), but security would not let her take it onboard because you "could swing it around and hurt someone."

It is a little hit and miss, if you pardon the phrase. Let's face it, most items of hand luggage themesleves you could swing around and hit people with, especially if they have shoulder straps. Most women's tardis-esque handbags too. :D Every laptop, by and largeis capable of giving you a serious bop on the noggin. Heck, the battery pack alone out of every laptop and even netbook I've ever owned or used would be a pretty chunky cosh. A bottle of wine or spirits from the duty-free shop (or diuty-paid shop within the EU) could knock anybody's lights out.

I know that arguing with airport security is usually non-productive, but very politely pointing out the wide variety of "weapons" that those standing behind and around you are also carrying and very politely asking if your is any "worse" might work.

It is a little hit and miss, if you pardon the phrase. Let's face it, most items of hand luggage themesleves you could swing around and hit people with, especially if they have shoulder straps. Most women's tardis-esque handbags too. :P Every laptop, by and largeis capable of giving you a serious bop on the noggin. Heck, the battery pack alone out of every laptop and even netbook I've ever owned or used would be a pretty chunky cosh. A bottle of wine or spirits from the duty-free shop (or diuty-paid shop within the EU) could knock anybody's lights out.

I know that arguing with airport security is usually non-productive, but very politely pointing out the wide variety of "weapons" that those standing behind and around you are also carrying and very politely asking if your is any "worse" might work.

That was the reasoning we tried to use on them too. I had my autograph folder in my backpack and the weight of that alone was like 5 or 6 time the light sabre's weight. I never tried to swing a backpack around but I suppose I could if I had to. :dance:

We actually go those sabres home through California security controls okay, they didn't bat an eyelid. But Frankfurt had to raise a fuzz.

Wrap it up and im sure you'll be fine. Ive taken all sorts of stuff on US flights and never had any problems.

I actually got my bag scanned once only to be asked "Sir, why is there a child in a coffin in your bag?" It was a Living Dead Doll!!!

hahaha!! :dance: that's bloody hilarious man! Oooh what a dodgy looking yoke ya got there! if it's a woman checking that out at the airport security I bet you'll get a few giggles! lol

Well now I will, thank you very much! :P

I'm very torn about this. The thing is, if I get it through the Swedish airport there's no guarantee it will get through the UK one.

hahaha!! :( that's bloody hilarious man! Oooh what a dodgy looking yoke ya got there! if it's a woman checking that out at the airport security I bet you'll get a few giggles! lol

Well now I will, thank you very much! :lol:

I'm very torn about this. The thing is, if I get it through the Swedish airport there's no guarantee it will get through the UK one.

you could always post it back to yourself if you didn't think it'd go through on the british side?

you could always post it back to yourself if you didn't think it'd go through on the british side?

Possibly, but are post offices open in England on a Sunday? Also, there's the high postage cost to consider...

Possibly, but are post offices open in England on a Sunday? Also, there's the high postage cost to consider...

No, no Post Offices are open on a Sunday... well, not in my hometown, anyway, lol!