Getting action figures signed?

Personally I'd not choose to get something like that signed, but I know different people like different things, and some don't like getting photos signed.

One thing you should consider is how difficult it would be for her to sign in. If it's quite small it could be an issue. It also may not look that good on the item, though I can't say for sure as I've not seen it.

Well, I'd say that an action figure itself is not a good idea, as has been mentioned, theres little room to sign, and then theres the possibility of it wearing of easier due to the signed surface being smooth plastic (I presume it is rather smooth), and theres the issue of wear and tear, which over years can be quite hard to action figures.

Now were it a carded action figure, it should not be a problem depending on the size of the packing, and I would advise you to have her sign the cardboard piece not the plastic bubble containing the figure (again the plastic with wear and tear) I myself have a few signed Star Wars action figures, which is always done on the cardboard piece (as I mentioned), and it is just as well stuck to the piece as with an 8x10. However theres the added part of it being less practical in terms of storage and display as an 8x10 in a frame. Therefore I never let any signed items replace a good 8x10, and I always get both.

But thats just my perspective as a collector of action figures and knowing their pros and cons ;)

i have several action figures signed over the years,and all of them signed in sharpie on the plastic blister pack and all still look fine.just make sure the surface is flat,and that your pen is good...in my experience sharpies never let you down.i will definitely be getting a signed amy pond figure.

I think it's easier for the guest to sign the figure if it is still in it's packaging, a couple of years ago I got one the heroes cast to sign his action figure (still on Card) because I got it in Forbidden planet for £4 I think lol, and it looks very good.

I've got several Star Wars ones signed, (Including a Harrison Ford Han Solo figure), I've also got Johnny Depp on a Captain Jack Sparrow figure, William Shatner on a Kirk figure, Topher Grace on Venom, Billie Piper on a Rose figure and probably quite a few more.

Most have signed on the plastic and it looks fine.

Of course if you're going to display them it'd be best to do so in a decent display cabinet.

Personally I mostly like to get 8X10's signed, if not then it's only really dvd covers or books that I'll get signed. I'm not sure if anyone has asked this, but is the action figure in the box still? If it's the box you intend to get signed then that's not so bad, if it's the actual figure I would have thought I could be a bit awkward.

I usually get an 8x10 first of all and then, if I'm getting a second autograph or if I meet them again I'll get another item signed. I have a Patrick Stewart autograph on the action figure (in the box) of the character he played on The Simpsons in the Stonecutter episode. After getting all the Capt. Picard's and Prof. X's I'll ever need, it made for a nice change!!

Oooooohhh!!!!! Signed action figures!!!! A speciality of mine!!! Ive got, god knows how many, 40+ probably?

One thing you can do is get them graded. Ive had 12 done so far, and ive got a few more on the way. I use UK Graders, I did look at Action Figure Authority but the cost of sending them to and from the US was insane!!!!!!

http://www.ukgraders.co.uk/index.html

And, they dont knock grades down for them being signed, AFA do, they give it a top score of 70% or something? "An autograph, regardless of authenticity is considered a defect"

Edited by maximus

Oooooohhh!!!!! Signed action figures!!!! A speciality of mine!!! Ive got, god knows how many, 40+ probably?

Hey, ours too!! Though we do not have anything like 40+, our total stands at around 20+. Though ours are more the 1/6th scale Sideshow/Medicom/HotToys type, our smallest being our Exclusive Premiere ones...so they do actually take up a fair bit more space than the smaller carded ones.

Great fun to have though.