Trains.

Hi,

I think you are in the same boat as me in this, I hate really hate changing on trains. If i had it my way i would drive but thats out coz i live too far : ( Just make sure you leave early and get the earlist train. Do you know if you have to change? Try return for the same train all the way. Its the tube i worry about never done that before so confusing i think i will get a taxi from Euston instead and i better get there on time.

Well, I myself am coming from Somerset, and getting National Express coach into London then a tube to my hotel near Earl's Court. Is it just a train you're looking for to get into London? Try First Great Western's website, or Transport For London.

Here's the site for First Great Western. :thumbup:

http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/

Edited by Tina197

I need some help guys I live in Maidenhead and need to get to west brompton in as few and simple train journeys as possible can any one help where's best to go / route?.

You've got a pretty direct route with only one change from Maidenhead. That's on the same line that Slough is on.

Basically you'll just need to catch the train from Maidenhead which goes into London Paddington. Then at Paddington change to go on the Tube, the District line is what you need which will take you to Earls court.

I need some help guys I live in Maidenhead and need to get to west brompton in as few and simple train journeys as possible can any one help where's best to go / route?.

You've got a pretty direct route with only one change from Maidenhead. That's on the same line that Slough is on.

Basically you'll just need to catch the train from Maidenhead which goes into London Paddington. Then at Paddington change to go on the Tube, the District line is what you need which will take you to Earls court.

Thanks is it the way to wimbleodn but a stop on the way to there?

(west brompton I'm on about ).

Yes - West Brompton is a stop on the Wimbledon branch of the District line. I'm pretty sure that every southbound District line train out of Paddo goes through W. Brompton. Certainly any that are showing as going to Wimbledon will get you there. There are I think some Wimbledon branch tube trains that don't go as far as Wimbledon, but as long as they are showing as going to one of East Putney/Putney Bridge/Parsons Green or Fulham Broroadway, they too will stop at W. Brompton.

You don't need to go to West Brompton, Earls' Court is fine. It's only another change of train when walking will be quicker than waiting, going one stop and walking again.

Earls' Court is outside the front of the complex, to get to EC2 you go in, down the side of EC1 and you're there. I wouldn't advise West Brompton unless you'd have to change from that branch to get to EC station.

You don't need to go to West Brompton, Earls' Court is fine. It's only another change of train when walking will be quicker than waiting, going one stop and walking again.

Earls' Court is outside the front of the complex, to get to EC2 you go in, down the side of EC1 and you're there. I wouldn't advise West Brompton unless you'd have to change from that branch to get to EC station.

Yeah it will probably be faster to go to Earls Court. From Paddington all district line trains will stop at Earls Court. But if you are specifically waiting for a train to West Brompton you'll need a Wimbledon bound one and waiting for that could add 15- 20 mins on to your journey as the next ones that come could be Richmond or Ealing broadway bound and you'd have to skip them, where as going to Earls court you can get on them as they will stop there.

I'm coming from euston, so do you think I'll be better getting off at Earls Court and walking to EC2? Is it easy enough to walk to?

I always get off at Earls Court, It's not even far away. As soon as you cross the road you're on the Earls Court Premises.

Here I've drawn on a map to show you. It's just an extra 2 mins walk around the side of the Earls Court 1 building. The green line is from Earls Court tube station, the red line is from West Brompton tube station

earlscourt.jpg

As others have said if you need to change trains at Earls Court then there is no benefit to wait for a train to West Brompton, but if on a Wimbledon train that will go through Earls Court and it's a quicker walk from WB.

With part of the District line closed there may be more of th trains going to Wimbledon.

A Cab will be the most expensive way to get there. They are convenient but not cheap.

Last thing to add anyone know how much a taxi is from earls court 2 to paddington or paddington to earls court 2

Depending on the route it's about three and a half to four miles. So depending on traffic I'd reckon £15-£20 each way.

Take the District line tube instead and save yourself £30+

I always get off at Earls Court, It's not even far away. As soon as you cross the road you're on the Earls Court Premises.

As long as you come out the right side - signposted Exhibition halls IIRC.

Otherwise you see the Police phone box at the main entrance to the station.

Can someone tell me if this is right the best way is maidenhead to paddington to earls court only 1 switch from paddington and eaels court cross the road and walk on the side of ec1 to ec2??

Yeah that sounds right. You could also stay on till West Brompton and be closer to EC if you wanted, but wither is fine as the map above shows :thumbup:

Can someone tell me if this is right the best way is maidenhead to paddington to earls court only 1 switch from paddington and eaels court cross the road and walk on the side of ec1 to ec2??

Yeah that sounds right. You could also stay on till West Brompton and be closer to EC if you wanted, but wither is fine as the map above shows :clap:

Thanks