SCARIEST SCENES

Indiana

We've had your list of horror movies but I want to know what scenes in a horror, or any other type of film, have scared you so bad that you go to bed thinking about them.

When I was a kid with me it was when I first saw the Elephant Man's face in the David Lynch film, which was made worse because I knew he was a real person. I couldn't even read his true life story as it had a picture of him in there.

I'm over that now, and pretty immune to all things horror (except maybe Barbara Streisand - now that IS true living evil!!!)

Obi-Wan :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scariest scenes???

Well, I remember that the child-catcher from Chitty Chitty used to freak me out.

Hmmm, you want scarier than that? Ok, let me think...

Well, the last 10 mins of Blair Witch got my heart thumping, but I don't know whether if its the scariest scene?

Oooh, the twins in the Shining spook me a bit.

No, there must be something scarier? Oh, perhaps the dinner table scene in Texas Chainsaw - but then again, that could be described as disturbing more than scary!

This is a really hard question! Maybe it's because films don't really scare me!

Oh, hang on! I've thought of it! THE EVIL QUEEN IN SLEEPING BEAUTY (shivver!) lol :angel::P:blink::P

In The Omen when the nanny is just standing there watching Damien sleeping, spooky she just looks soooo evil.

I dont really have scary scenes more that make me jump but not necessarily because they are scary.

The scene in The Others when Nicole Kidman is looking in the dark and theres a picture on the wall and it looks like someone is standing there that got me going a bit!!!!

I agree with you there Lee about the Twins in The Shining they were spooky and the last few mins of Blair Witch.

It has to be the ending of Carrie...

Saw it at a cinema and wasn't expecting it.. took a few minutes to recover and get out of my seat...

Similar "jumpy" moments..

Friday the 13th ending.. Jason grabs the girl out of the boat..

Alien.. when the torch flashes into the tunnel..

Jaws.. The head in the hole in the boat..

But the scariest film as an overall at thetime is the Exorcist.. though a little dated now, at the time was a real shocker..

Yeah the end of Carrie, I remember that getting me!!!

I watched it with a friend recently and she had not seen it before, when the end scene came on I was saying ahhh this bit is so sad and then Carries hand appears she nearly hit the roof :( I am soooo mean :(

I watched it with a friend recently and she had not seen it before, when the end scene came on I was saying ahhh this bit is so sad and then Carries hand appears she nearly hit the roof :( I am soooo mean :(

I do that when introducing my nephews to horror films they have not seen before lol!

Obi-Wan :(

I watched it with a friend recently and she had not seen it before, when the end scene came on I was saying ahhh this bit is so sad and then Carries hand appears she nearly hit the roof :(  I am soooo mean :wub:

I do that when introducing my nephews to horror films they have not seen before lol!

Obi-Wan :(

Glad I am not the only one then :(

(This is sad)

The scene that scared me the most was a scene from Star Trek (TOS) that I watched when I must've been 9 years old. It was the program where the guys eyes turned silvery (I think it was one of the 2001 actors going to LFCC). Gave me nightmares for weeks that!

The scenes that get to me now are the possession type movies, I really can't deal with them!

I have no problems with the slasher types or things like Alien. Poor hubby is a sweet soul, took him to see Halloween H2O, I think it was his first "horror", it didn't go down too well. And he's never made it past the music for a Freddy film :P

Oh yeah, I don't like daleks :blink:

• Moderators

Generally most of ANOES when I first saw it gave me weird dreams, or stopped me from sleeping at all! ... like the blood pouring out of the bed scene and the girl being dragged all around the room by Freddy up the walls n stuff ... that really freaked me out :P

I can honestly say no HORROR movie has scared the s*** out of me, as I was older before I started watching them. The only SCENE I can think of that scared me was seeing the 'horse head in the bed' scene from The Godfather, which I saw when I was about 11 on video. Had nightmares for weeks!

What about the Dwarf at the end of Don't Look Now, anyone find that scary? I know a load of my colleagues did. Or perhaps the scene at the very end of Carrie (the tombstone scene) I know that gets a lot of people.

Obi-Wan :rolleyes:

The dwarf did scare the crap out of me.

But I can honestly say the carrie scene never scared me. It just seemed so obvious. Plus the hand doesnt come out of the ground fast enough.

Its quite embarassing but I really get freaked out by the scene in pet sematary with her ill sister.

She is in the back room and all her spine is showing.

Then she chases her later. I still really hate it.

Its funny because some things I watch and they do nothing to me,

I enjoy them and find them a little spooky, but they dont give me nightmares.

For example when i watched a nightmare on elm st it didnt scare me one bit. I thought it wa a great film though.

The shining is really scary. Almost all of it is very unsettling.

It just makes me very uncomfortable. I love it!

The boat scene at the end of friday the 13th was really scary when I first saw it but I got over it after a few sessions of watching it.

I remember when I was younger I watched Halloween 3 with my friend and we were on our own. She watched it to the point where they pulled that mans head off. And then she had to go home. It was daytime and my mum was at work but I remember it scared me so much!

I think its pants now though which just goes to show!

Oh my god, just remembered.

This is a TV thing but there was a episode of midsomer murders with anna massey in it, she lived with this other old lady in this big old house, I think the other lady was anna masseys dead husbands sister.

Anyway, anna massey was really horrible to this old lady. Anna massey kept this one room locked and never let the other old lady in it.

Loads of stuff happened. But at the end the old lady went to find out what was in the room, when she though anna massey was busy.

She found the key and snook in, and inside was her brother (masseys husband) sort of mummified and lying in bed, and the room was like a shrine.

Then anna massey found her and chased her down the hall screaming..

And i wont ruin the end.

It absolutely terrified me though!

Its quite embarassing but I really get freaked out by the scene in pet sematary with her ill sister.

She is in the back room and all her spine is showing.

Then she chases her later. I still really hate it.

Its funny because some things I watch and they do nothing to me,

I enjoy them and find them a little spooky, but they dont give me nightmares.

For example when i watched a nightmare on elm st it didnt scare me one bit. I thought it wa a great film though.

The shining is really scary. Almost all of it is very unsettling.

It just makes me very uncomfortable. I love it!

The boat scene at the end of friday the 13th was really scary when I first saw it but I got over it after a few sessions of watching it.

I remember when I was younger I watched Halloween 3 with my friend and we were on our own. She watched it to the point where they pulled that mans head off. And then she had to go home. It was daytime and my mum was at work but I remember it scared me so much!

I think its pants now though which just goes to show!

Oh my god, just remembered.

This is a TV thing but there was a episode of midsomer murders with anna massey in it, she lived with this other old lady in this big old house, I think the other lady was anna masseys dead husbands sister.

Anyway, anna massey was really horrible to this old lady. Anna massey kept this one room locked and never let the other old lady in it.

Loads of stuff happened. But at the end the old lady went to find out what was in the room, when she though anna massey was busy.

She found the key and snook in, and inside was her brother (masseys husband) sort of mummified and lying in bed, and the room was like a shrine.

Then anna massey found her and chased her down the hall screaming..

And i wont ruin the end.

It absolutely terrified me though!

I thought that Pet Sematary scene was creepy at the time too. Not so much now. I kinda hate being horror immune, but it is helping me write some real scary stuff for my next movie!

Obi-Wan :D

Well this i might make you laugh.

Remember the pink ghost Ghostbusters when they chouted Get her i was a child when i sdaw that and it scared the crap out of me!

Also the first sceen in Halloween when you see Mike Myers Point of view and Carrie at the end when she turns psycho both sent chills down my spine.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a film at the cinema last year called They. It's a seriously creepy film as it plays on old childhood fears with lots of movement in shadows and things under the bed. I think it has to be one of the scariest films I have ever seen! :blush:

I havent watched a film for ages that has really freaked me out. When I was younger, I was allowed to watch all sorts. Im talking about 7 or 8. Back then, the film that gave me the most nightmares was The Thing. Most of it freaked me out. What with dogs heads splitting open. guys chests opening up and eating hands and then the spider head!

Then there was all the classic zombie films. I still remember seeing Zombie Flesh Eaters when I was about 7.

Films that freak me out are not the ones where you visually see whats happening, more of the ones where you dont.

I saw the original 1963 Robert Wise The Haunting back in the late 90's, much later than all the gore an visceral stuff I had seen in my youth, and that film still spooks me today. The suggestion of something being there than actually seeing something is far far stronger!

PS The remake was utter crap and Jan de Bont should be shot...even if he did make Speed 1!

Obi-Wan :angel:

I saw a film at the cinema last year called They. It's a seriously creepy film as it plays on old childhood fears with lots of movement in shadows and things under the bed. I think it has to be one of the scariest films I have ever seen! :P

ooooh yeah i saw this on DVD!!! its freaky when the things are in the cupboard!! at the end......wiered!

The movies which have got me the most are:

The last scene in The blair witch project- when i first watched it as soon it finished i burst into tears!!! :o

um... The Ring when she comes outta' the tv- i could ahve really done without seeing that! :uhoh:

hahaha the things that freaked me out as a kid were:

1. childcatcher in chitty chitty bang bang

2. The clown in IT!

3. um.....the animated Watership down ( omg i still wont watch it)

4. and the wolf in the cave in Neverending story hahaha :o