Hotel Code

showmasters

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know what kinda cards the hotel accepts? I'm international and only have a debit card at my disposal. I sent an email off to the hotel ('cause I didn't want to be stuck on customer service hold on an international call, it would cost a fortune) asking but I thought I'd ask here too :/

hi where are you calling from as they have some free phone numbers on the website.

So far I can only find this

In Ireland, most banks issue debit cards that are co-branded with Maestro and the Irish Laser card logos. These function as a Laser Card in Ireland and as a Maestro card when used abroad, although acceptance is quite patchy. Generally, the Maestro function on these cards only works when they are inserted into a POS terminal. They cannot be used as Maestro over the telephone or on the internet.
Which to be fair is from Wikipedia - not the most reliable of sources.

I booked my single room yesterday.

They took my card details but wont be taking payment before I arrive, and I can cancel as late as 4pm on the friday (day of arrival).

I even made them confirm that breakfast is included in my email confirmation.

Thanks ME for fixing single room rates!!

All booked, got a twin room for my sis & I. Yay!!! :o

However I would double check the cancelation policy with them as I was told that because we are getting the special con rate, if we were to cancel we would still be charged for the room...all 3 nights at £84. I thought this to be rather odd, I questioned it at the time but they said that was the T&C's when using the code...so we phoned at a later point to ask someone else and they said the same thing :( . If thats the case, i think its a little unreasonable.

I know some hotel's have a policy where if you cancel with less than 24 hours they will charge you full rate regardless but the two people we spoke said it was in place because we were booking with the discounted rate and that was the deal.

Would be great if Mark, Jason or somebody could confirm whether this is indeed the case.

Is it only possible to book a room with this code online, or do you really have to call the hotel?

I haven't got a creditcard of my own, so then a friend would have to book for me and that didn't go well last year (she booked a month too early :pyth:).

Thanks!

• Moderators

You can only do it on the phone. Krinston above didn't have a credit card they could use either, but it sounds like they got it sorted for them. I'm sure the hotel can give you details of what you'd need to do in that situation when you call.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question

What time do things usually start each day because I believe were staying in a separate hotel

Normally the autograph and photo shoot sessions begin at 9am on the Saturday and Sunday. Although last year's started at 9.30am on the Sunday.

Edit: I forgot to say that on the Friday, registration is usually from 2pm onwards, with the opening ceremony taking place around 7pm

Edited by 1of2

• 2 months later...

They took my card details but wont be taking payment before I arrive

is this the same for everyone? first time booking my own hotel haha i usually have someone else to do it for me =]

thanks

its ok ive booked it now cant wait!

Edited by bp_buffy1990

• 3 weeks later...

Normally I like to book my hotels online but that doesn't seem possible with this code so just wanted to ask when you phone up are the staff clued up on the code and the rates or do you have to spend ages explaining the event you're going to and that there's an agreed rate etc?

Also, I assume the special rate is available for the sunday night too and not just friday and saturday? Sorry for the dumb questions, just like to be prepared and have any relevant info I need to hand when having to phone places.

I was going to just book it online but then saw this thread which says it's better from the organisers point of view to use the event code but I hate it if you phone somewhere and they don't really know what you're talking about. I take it there's likely to still be rooms available at this rate this far ahead? I'd just want a single. Thanks.

Normally I like to book my hotels online but that doesn't seem possible with this code so just wanted to ask when you phone up are the staff clued up on the code and the rates or do you have to spend ages explaining the event you're going to and that there's an agreed rate etc?

Also, I assume the special rate is available for the sunday night too and not just friday and saturday? Sorry for the dumb questions, just like to be prepared and have any relevant info I need to hand when having to phone places.

I was going to just book it online but then saw this thread which says it's better from the organisers point of view to use the event code but I hate it if you phone somewhere and they don't really know what you're talking about. I take it there's likely to still be rooms available at this rate this far ahead? I'd just want a single. Thanks.

As far as I am aware the code applies for the Sunday night as well.

The hotel staff should be fully aware of the code. However as with most things in life there is always one that doesn't ;) So you may find yourself needing to mention that is is for the Massive Events convention Hallowhedon.

You shouldn't have any problem booking now.

Yes, the code is available for Sunday as well. They normally have a smaller number of rooms available because a lot of people go home. But the code is available.

Thanks. I might come back sunday but after a busy day, may be nice to chill and leave driving home until monday.

Anyway, you guys are always so helpful and prompt with responses. Now I know I didn't win all the olympics tickets I applied for, I can redirect some finances to this and get it all sorted :)

Edited by Rockstar6662

Well, I gone and done it. Hotel booked. Got the single room rate too. Thanks everyone. Bit surprised they didn't ask for an address or anything more than a name but have the booking code so I guess all ok.

Never been to one of these things before. Excited and nervous.

Edited by Rockstar6662

They were great with me and i got the special rate for the thursday, friday, saturday and sunday nights =]

They were great with me and i got the special rate for the thursday, friday, saturday and sunday nights =]

I rather do things online if I can but it went fine. Didn't realise the phone number took you to an automated system though. Assumed I needed to choose reservations then when I mentioned it was for a convention they passed me to group bookings or something. But no waiting on hold and they recognised the code and I got the rate for friday, sat and sunday. Only took my name and credit card details though, nothing else which I was a bit surprised about, not even an email to send a confirmation etc. Most hotels I book ask for an address at least but then I usually do it online.

Never mind. Got a booking reference number so I assume that's all I need. Written it down in a few places for safety, booked the friday and monday off work and got my silver ticket sorted. First time at one of these but looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

I rather do things online if I can but it went fine. Didn't realise the phone number took you to an automated system though. Assumed I needed to choose reservations then when I mentioned it was for a convention they passed me to group bookings or something. But no waiting on hold and they recognised the code and I got the rate for friday, sat and sunday. Only took my name and credit card details though, nothing else which I was a bit surprised about, not even an email to send a confirmation etc. Most hotels I book ask for an address at least but then I usually do it online.

Never mind. Got a booking reference number so I assume that's all I need. Written it down in a few places for safety, booked the friday and monday off work and got my silver ticket sorted. First time at one of these but looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

they were about to give me the reference number but i decided to ask them to send an email cause i know id loose it otherwise haha so i have a pdf they sent me with all the details on it

they were about to give me the reference number but i decided to ask them to send an email cause i know id loose it otherwise haha so i have a pdf they sent me with all the details on it

I possibly should have asked in hindsight but someone else said it took a bit of hassling to get them to send an email (though I'd probably expect it these days) and not being a fan of doing things by phone I was just happy to get it done quickly and without any problems. I always think of things I should have asked about afterwards but nothing worth phoning back about.

But I've got the reference number written down in variety of places so little chance of losing it.