next guest coming soon

showmasters

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine what a surprise it would be if someone amazing turned up unannounced at the welcoming ceremony haha!! I think people would have a heart attack! (As long as it doesnt get leaked like it did last time)

I'm going to take my Nurse Jackie Season 1 boxset, whether Peter is announced (he can sign that) as a guest beforehand or not. Gotta be prepared :blush:

Imagine what a surprise it would be if someone amazing turned up unannounced at the welcoming ceremony haha!! I think people would have a heart attack! (As long as it doesnt get leaked like it did last time)

I'm going to take my Nurse Jackie Season 1 boxset, whether Peter is announced (he can sign that) as a guest beforehand or not. Gotta be prepared :blush:

I like your thinking, how amazing would it be if Peter was announced?

I like your thinking, how amazing would it be if Peter was announced?

What's made me think Peter is a possible guest is that he had a signing at a mall in the US on the 19th, but for some reason that got changed to March 5th. Of course, he could have some filming left to do for BD and that's why he had to change the date but...my suspicions are still quite high. Just hope I'm right :)

I hope that SM have got new guests but if they haven't sold the tickets then they will not be getting the bigger guests.

They are a bussiness and they main proitiy is profit, they may try to deny it but that is the entire point of a bussieness, they only care about customer satifaction to keep and good rep and make money,

so yes they problay are ( and i hope they are) going to try to get another guest or two but if they do not have money to spend then they will not have bigger guests beacuse they would loss out.

They may say seeing the enojoyment of people is the best bit , but that is just a bouns, their main proity is money. Its what bussiness do

sorry for the blunt messege but they say that they only do the conventions to see peoples happyiness and that problly is a factor but they need to make a living so no tickets sold, no big guests !

That is my view hate me forever !

xx

• Moderators

I hope that SM have got new guests but if they haven't sold the tickets then they will not be getting the bigger guests.

They are a bussiness and they main proitiy is profit, they may try to deny it but that is the entire point of a bussieness, they only care about customer satifaction to keep and good rep and make money,

so yes they problay are ( and i hope they are) going to try to get another guest or two but if they do not have money to spend then they will not have bigger guests beacuse they would loss out.

They may say seeing the enojoyment of people is the best bit , but that is just a bouns, their main proity is money. Its what bussiness do

sorry for the blunt messege but they say that they only do the conventions to see peoples happyiness and that problly is a factor but they need to make a living so no tickets sold, no big guests !

That is my view hate me forever !

xx

Are they a business? Absolutely, however it's run by people who are fans themselves. These events have NEVER been huge money-spinners for many years now. Of course they're not going to do anything ridiculous like hugely over-spend or else it'll ruin the future of the events, but I really don't agree with money being the main priority as if they don't care about anyone. Plenty of guests we've had in the past haven't made back their money.

As I've said elsewhere - sometimes updates aren't going to be any more than "soon" and clearly a lot of people aren't happy with that, so ME perhaps choose to wait until they have something more concrete to tell you. If I read this thread, I certainly wouldn't want to be posting "yes, it'll still be soon.." after how some have reacted.

"Soon" has context. Tell me "next guest soon" for an event six months away, and I reckon you mean within a month. Maybe even two months if I'm feeling generous. Tell me "next guest soon" for an event 32 days away, and I'm thinking five days, maybe ten. At an absolute push I'd grant you half the timescale . i.e sixteen days in this case. It doesn't mean "22 days and counting" which is where we currently are, at least not to my mind, and not to many other peoples, it would seem. But having said "soon", I think once the general feeling of reasonable people is that "soon" has passed, it behoves them to step forward and give an update. And sure, it will disappoint people, but I think if somebody had the decency to come on here and say "OK, sorry, we got a bit over-excited, things are taking a bit longer to sort out than we thought but we're stuill working on it and still doing our best, and we'll let you know as soon as we can." then yes there would be disappointment, but I think people would also be relieved and somewhat reassured, and I think ME would also get a lot of respect for fronting up and giving an update. As it is, I'm sure it's not a real reflection of what's happening, but telling folks "soon" and then just ignoring the issue when it clearly is no longer "soon" could be interpreted as taking customers for granted.

• Moderators

But the fact is if they haven't posted anything yet, they ARE still working on it, or else they would've posted already. It's common sense really.

You get people complaining about 'soon' or you get people complaining about when they say they'll update etc. There's absolutely no perfect way of them stating it because someone will pick it apart.

They are doing everything they can to sort this event's guests out, as well as Roadhouse and every other event too. No-one needs to be told time and again that they are working on it. They ARE.

I think if somebody had the decency to come on here and say "OK, sorry, we got a bit over-excited, things are taking a bit longer to sort out than we thought but we're stuill working on it and still doing our best, and we'll let you know as soon as we can."

There is that word "soon" again.

Everyone would have complained more if Jason had come on and posted "We have nothing to announce and don't see anything happening in the forseeable future" I think it's fine that they said they would announce something soon, it means they are still working.

Bah humbug! I'm excited for breakfast!!

same as the old "how long is a piece of string" lol

Most people on here understand that they are waiting to confirm contracts before they ever announce guests....................thank goodness!

I would imagine it is hard enough to book guests in the first place, never mind how awful it would be if they said, "guess what, we got guests X,Y,Z they just need to sign the contract" then announced two weeks later "aw thats a shame, they cant come now" :rolleyes:

I would rather wait for signed contracts personally, especially since they all appear subject to work commitments.

The closer to the event that they are confirmed, the less chance of them finding another acting job to do the week of the con :D

so true Becky :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hilton Breakfast :D

[

"Soon" has context. Tell me "next guest soon" for an event six months away, and I reckon you mean within a month. Maybe even two months if I'm feeling generous. Tell me "next guest soon" for an event 32 days away, and I'm thinking five days, maybe ten. At an absolute push I'd grant you half the timescale . i.e sixteen days in this case. It doesn't mean "22 days and counting" which is where we currently are, at least not to my mind, and not to many other peoples, it would seem. But having said "soon", I think once the general feeling of reasonable people is that "soon" has passed, it behoves them to step forward and give an update. And sure, it will disappoint people, but I think if somebody had the decency to come on here and say "OK, sorry, we got a bit over-excited, things are taking a bit longer to sort out than we thought but we're stuill working on it and still doing our best, and we'll let you know as soon as we can." then yes there would be disappointment, but I think people would also be relieved and somewhat reassured, and I think ME would also get a lot of respect for fronting up and giving an update. As it is, I'm sure it's not a real reflection of what's happening, but telling folks "soon" and then just ignoring the issue when it clearly is no longer "soon" could be interpreted as taking customers for granted.

well said

Everyone would have complained more if Jason had come on and posted "We have nothing to announce and don't see anything happening in the forseeable future" I think it's fine that they said they would announce something soon, it means they are still working.

it's not we are asking. It's more to say we are still working on ... or the guest we thoguh that didn't work...

Most people on here understand that they are waiting to confirm contracts before they ever announce guests....................thank goodness!

I do but then if you are not sure of having a guest, don't say soon/make promises...

I understand the importance of contracts and don't want want SM to say a nam without a contract signed etc

• Moderators

People moan if they don't get updates.

People moan if they do get updates.

People moan if they don't get updates after they do get updates.

People moan if they do get updates after not getting updates.

Fact is ME will get moaned at no matter what. If I were them, I'd rather just get on with getting the guests and organising the con than trying to do the impossible - keeping everyone happy.

ANYWAYYYYSSSSSS.... :D

Can i just randomly say that regardless... its going to be so nice to have a guest where i don't have to bend down in the picture... wit woo Daniel Cudmore haha!

Can i be demanding and request the next 'possible' guest to be tall too... ? thanks lol! :rolleyes:

Edited by BeckiUK