Registration Letters!

Yvie

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are 165 and 166

Is that good? How far from the front would that be?

Difficult to say. I am not sure how many tickets are available for sale for each group. As a rough guide and using Chevron 7.6 as a basis it is 150 Golds (100% sure this the same for ET5), 450 Silver and 400 Standard. So potentially you have up to 150 Golds in front of you (depending on how many are sold). Plus another 164 if you are silver, or another 614 if you are standard.

It also depends on the layout of the hall. If I recall the Hilton room is wider than the rooms used at the other venues so you are slightly further forward anyway. By how much depends on how many seats per row - something I have no idea of.

You will be able to see the guests though. Also they usually have very large screens up, as the talks are filmed.

Sorry, that's not really much help is it!

At ET4 we were standard 420 & 421 (something like that!!!) and we could see fine. Pictures of the talks were a bit rubbish because we were quite far back - but my camera's not great anyway!!

You will definitely be able to see ok :)

We are 165 and 166

Difficult to say. I am not sure how many tickets are available for sale for each group. As a rough guide and using Chevron 7.6 as a basis it is 150 Golds (100% sure this the same for ET5), 450 Silver and 400 Standard. So potentially you have up to 150 Golds in front of you (depending on how many are sold). Plus another 164 if you are silver, or another 614 if you are standard.

It also depends on the layout of the hall. If I recall the Hilton room is wider than the rooms used at the other venues so you are slightly further forward anyway. By how much depends on how many seats per row - something I have no idea of.

You will be able to see the guests though. Also they usually have very large screens up, as the talks are filmed.

I'm a newbie to all this so actually that is quite a lot of help. I forgot to say that it was a standard ticket, but I don't really mind. We are both really excited so where ever we are I'm sure it will be great :lol:

We are 165 and 166

I'm a newbie to all this so actually that is quite a lot of help. I forgot to say that it was a standard ticket, but I don't really mind. We are both really excited so where ever we are I'm sure it will be great :clap:

We're Newbies too. we have ST155 and ST156 so we might be in the same group!!! - Everyone on here has been really helpful and super nice! I can't wait either....It's gonna be awesome! :wub:

• Showmasters Admin

The thing for newbies (everyone really) to remember is that if there's anything you're not sure of just ask. Our crew are great and will answer pretty much any question. If they can't you may get pointed to the reg desk or me!

But the main thing is, do ask, please don't worry about something, or get embarressed because you think it's obvious or silly. Yes we may have heard your question 10 times before but we all remember our first event and how things that make prefect sense now were a mystery to us back then. So please do ask if you're unsure of anything.

PS: But do check your con booklet because it's very possible the question you have has already been answered in there :clap:

Hmm, better ask this question...my passport is 3 years out of date (knew I wouldn't be getting on a plane any time soon)...will I still be able to use it to buy drinks with? It's the only photo ID I have (I look 13 in the pic tho :blink: ).

I used to go out clubbing with my passport when it was out of date & it was fine :) and I actually WAS 13 on the picture :3

Hmm, better ask this question...my passport is 3 years out of date (knew I wouldn't be getting on a plane any time soon)...will I still be able to use it to buy drinks with? It's the only photo ID I have (I look 13 in the pic tho :blink: ).

it is a legal document, if its all you have, bring it along.

Perhaps TT will be along to confirm this

I think in strictest terms it actually ceases to be a legal document once it passes its expiry date. Of course, since the use of passports as a ticket-issue control mechanism is solely an ME procedure, they are perfectly at liberty to accept outdated passports if they wish. Whether such a passport is sufficient to act as proof of age for alcoholic bar purchases will be down to the hotel.

(Certainly in broader use - such as for client verification for opening bank accounts and other transactions with financial institutions, the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance for Prevention of money laundering/

combating terrorist financing specifically require the use of in-date passports and in-date driving licence photocards. But that is a somewhat different matter).

Actually that reminds me, my driving licence photocard expires soon - must renew it, since I don't fancy a whacking great fine :chair:

okay, it WAS a legal document when it was in date, but the passport coupled with credit cards etc might be okay :YAHOO:

Well if I'm denied alchohol I can deal, I can still have a good time without it, lol :YAHOO:

Just as long as I get into the actual event using it (to get registration pack), that's the main thing :D

ID requests at the bar would be the responsibility of the venue rather than ME, its still not legal as it is a public bar. The room might be hired by ME, but it doesnt mean it is similar to a private party at home where the adults are responsible for the children. It is the responsibility of the attendee or whoever agreed to be their guardian, they know whether they are legally allowed to buy alcohol or not, so mustnt be offended if the hotel asks for ID and consequently refuses to sell it.

It does cause problems having drunk minors at the party :thumbup:

(Had to double check my spelling then lol Lots of images floated through my head of miners with pick axes and headlamps on the dancefloor) :P

Edited by Rhianydd