Angel CANCELLED

DavidB

• Moderators

A statement from the WB:

For the last seven years Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history. Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including Frasier and Friends, the cast, crew, writers and producers of Angel deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB. We have discussed continuing the Angel legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table. In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of Angel without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series. David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show.

More in these articles:

Zap2It

Aint It Cool

:lol:

Can I just add that 2004 SUCKS ... No Buffy, the end of Angel, the end of Friends, the end of Frasier .. HELLO! ARE YOU GONNA LEAVE ME ANYTHING TO WATCH?!

stupid f***ing f***ers! :lol:

I know how you feel dude Friends and buffy are my life NOW THERE GONE GONE AND ITS NOT FARE damn you tv ppl :lol:

I kinda expected the cancellation soon after Buffy ended, it was on the cards really. I think the whole Buffy phenomenon has had it's day now anyway. Time for something new.

Besides we still have Alias, and Bravo start airing season 3 on March 14th at 9pm. Plus someone will pick up Tru Calling sooner or later, and 24's back, and Smallville's going strong and I'm rambling, but it ain't all bad.

Obi-Wan :angel:

A statement from the WB:

For the last seven years Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history. Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including Frasier and Friends, the cast, crew, writers and producers of Angel deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB. We have discussed continuing the Angel legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table. In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of Angel without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series. David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show.

More in these articles:

Zap2It

Aint It Cool

:angel:

So it looks like I was right then!

ive signed petitions and ive sent them email, i dont think it will do any good but hopefully it will get picked up by another network who cares about shows and isnt only interested in money

if you want to rant to WB themselves send them here:

faces@thewb.com

complaints@thewb.com

there is always hope!!! there is the REMOTE chance that UPN picks it up!

i do find it slightly histerical that they r ending Angel, as Buffyverse MADE the WB!!! honestly they r soo stupid for canselling it coz all the feedback for this season has been 100% positive!!!!

BRING BACK ANGEL!!

I was very upset when i heard about this, i cannot believe it!!! These programs are only made to please the veiwers, and the new series must not be as popilar. I plan on complaining!!!! They will bring back Angel if i have to bring him back kicking and screaming!!!

My anger will not go unnoticed.

(i am not a loony i swear) (Or am i)

I hope these protests are heared by the right people!

Bye, bye

Kirsty

darn it.

i dont watch the rest of the other shows, like alias, and will we ever get tru calling?

*doesnt watch any other shows either* cause lets face it buffy and angel takes u out of reality what with the demon killing i mean what other way would u see a vamp slayed? certainly not in an office right?... and im anxiously waiting to see Tru Calling too ive seen the pilot.... emailed Sky and the answer i got back was they werent sure if they were going to pick it up :lol: .... so i say come on UPN put one over on the WB once more!!

I cant believe they cancelled angel,that is really mean and it was getting really good.i mean friends is coming to a end and sex and the city and fraiser coming to an end too there not many tv shows left that i like to watch,its so unfair :rolleyes:

i signed both petitions.

this is a crime against humnity. I admit Angel wasn't that good compared to Buffy but at least Buffy fans had SOMETHING to keep them going after the BEST SHOW ALIVE was so rudely ended. And poor spike and anya died. how will i ever get over it.....::sees a packet of Haribo:: ooooh haribo ::completely forgotten deaths of Anya and Spike::.

Anyhoo I hate the WB...lets all boycott their programmes except Angel. I can get all the people on AA to boycott as well. It will be a revolution....lol.

I'm kind of excited now..lol

darn it.

i dont watch the rest of the other shows, like alias, and will we ever get tru calling?

*doesnt watch any other shows either* cause lets face it buffy and angel takes u out of reality what with the demon killing i mean what other way would u see a vamp slayed? certainly not in an office right?... and im anxiously waiting to see Tru Calling too ive seen the pilot.... emailed Sky and the answer i got back was they werent sure if they were going to pick it up ;) .... so i say come on UPN put one over on the WB once more!!

Good news folks , i e-mailed Sky to see if there are any plans to show Tru calling , this was the response i recieved

"I can confirm that this new series commences on Sky One on 13/04/04, broadcasting on Tuesdays at 8pm.

Thank you for your interest in Sky.

Kind regards"

:P

Good news folks , i e-mailed Sky to see if there are any plans to show Tru calling , this was the response i recieved

"I can confirm that this new series commences on Sky One on 13/04/04, broadcasting on Tuesdays at 8pm.

Thank you for your interest in Sky.

Kind regards"

B)

:rolleyes: wow really! *sticks that date on her calendar* well jewlz u got a better response then i did... but i did email them at the start of the year, so i guess they really had no clue when they were going to have it