Talk DVD

chosen108

• Moderators

From what I've heard (and this may be totally incorrect) but a lot of work has to go into a DVD with regards to sorting things out contractually with the guests involved - when they don't think the talks are going to be put 'out there' they might say things they wouldn't otherwise, so I'd guess it's a balance of what return they might get from sales of the DVD and the amount of time and effort that would go into creating one all the guests were happy to have released.

I think any potential release for this event would require a bit of editing in a some of places as a couple of things were said that the guests probably wouldn't wish to be published on to a DVD

Still hopefully awaiting releases for all previous Chevrons, BTL, HW1, and Hubs. In the case of the Hubs I'm not sure if it is possible for any release. Most of the talks would require major editing and I'm not sure if there would be anything left :P

I think any potential release for this event would require a bit of editing in a some of places as a couple of things were said that the guests probably wouldn't wish to be published on to a DVD

Still hopefully awaiting releases for all previous Chevrons, BTL, HW1, and Hubs. In the case of the Hubs I'm not sure if it is possible for any release. Most of the talks would require major editing and I'm not sure if there would be anything left :P

that is true i get that but also actors knew it was being recorded

The fact it was being recorded was mentioned quite a bit during he talks, especially in regards to some name dropping!

Myself and quite a few of my friends (and maybe even people that didn't go (unless it'd be limited to attendees only) would definitely love a copy!

I think that making a DVD would be a good thing...The guests pointed out several times that they knew it was being recorded so I don't think that they should be that hard to get to agree to the dvd.

If the point of recording it wasn't to have a DVD could someone explain what the point was? :D

I think a poll should be done see how many people would buy the dvd

i would buy it without a second thought. maybe it could be available just for those who went.

also i agree it was talked about quite allot and in my opinion if the actors had a problem with it being recorded they would have said something. i hope we do get one it would be an awesome thing to have to re live an amazing weekend :blush:

I would also love a DVD of all the events I've been to. Fingers crossed we'll get some one day :poki:

Personally, I would have thought the point of recording anything, for one, it would be handy incase anyone tried to make claims against any of the guests saying curtain things or not and SM/ME could look back and have proof one way or another.