Book Discussion Thread

~Jenny~

Hey, As the book thread was so popular in ET4, we thought it might be a good idea to bring it to ET5. Got fed up of searching through everyone recommends so here are a few to get us started with. When books get added I�'ll add them to this post, so it will save time hunting through all the posts.

Adult

Argeneau ~ Lynsay Sands

A Quick Bite - Love Bites - Single White Vampire - Tall, Dark and Hungry - A Bite to Remember - Bite Me If You Can - The Accidental Vampire - Vampires Are Forever - Vampire, Interrupted - The Rogue Hunter - The Immortal Hunter - The Renegade Hunter - Born to Bite - Hungry for you

Dark/Dream Hunter ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover - Night Pleasures - Night Embrace - Dance with the Devil - Kiss of the Night - Night Play - Seize the Night - Sins of the Night - Unleash the Night - Dark Side of the Moon - The Dream Hunter - Devil May Cry - Upon the Midnight Clear - Acheron - One Silent Night - Dream Chaser - Dream Warrior - Bad Moon Rising - No Mercy

Immortals After Dark ~ Kresley Cole

Hunger Like No Other - No Rest for the Wicked - Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night - Dark Needs at Night's - Edge - Dark Desires After Dusk - Kiss of a Demon King - Pleasure Of A Dark Prince - Demon From The Dark

Love At Stake ~ Kerrelyn Sparks

How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire - Vamps and the City - Be Still My Vampire Heart - The Undead Next Door - All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire - Secret Life of a Vampire - Forbidden Nights with a Vampire - The Vampire and the Virgin - Eat. Prey, Love

Midnight Breed ~ Lara Adrian

Kiss of Midnight - Kiss of Crimson - Midnight Awakening - Midnight Rising - Veil of Midnight - Ashes of Midnight - Shades of Midnight - Taken By Midnight

Shifters Series ~ Rachel Vincent

Stray -Rogue - Pride - Prey - Shift - Alpha

Women Of The Otherworld Series ~ Kelley Armstrong

Bitten - Stolen - Dime Store Magic - Industrial Magic - Haunted - Broken - Personal Demon - No Humans involved - Living with the Dead - Frostbitten

Dark Series ~ Christine Feehan

Dark Prince - Dark Desire - Dark Gold - Dark Magic - Dark Challenge - Dark Fire - Dark Legend - Dark Guardian - Dark Symphony - Dark Melody - Dark Destiny - Dark Secret - Dark Demon - Dark Celebration - Dark Possession - Dark Curse - Dark Peril

Blackdagger Brotherhood Series ~ JR Ward

Dark Lover - Lover Eternal - Lover Awakened - Lover Revealed - Lover Unbound - Lover Enshrined - Lover Avenged- Lover Mine

Succubus Series ~ Richelle Mead

Succubus Blues - Succubus Nights - Succubus Dreams - Succubus Heat - Succubus Shadows

Cassandra Palmer ~ Karen Chance

Touch the Dark - Claimed by Shadow - Embrace the Night - Curse the Dawn

Dorina Basarab ~ Karen Chance

Midnight's Daughter - Death's Mistress

Vampire Chronicles ~ Anne Rice

Interview With The Vampire - The Vampire Lestat -The Queen of the Damned - The Tale of the Body Thief - Memnoch the Devil - The Vampire Armand - Merrick - Blood and Gold - Blackwood Farm - Blood Canticle

The Sookie Stackhouse Series ~ Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark - Living Dead in Dallas - Club Dead - Dead to the World - Definitely Dead - All Together Dead - From Dead To Worse - Dead and Gone -Dead in the Family

The Gardella Vampire Chronicles ~ Colleen Gleason

The Rest Falls Away - Rises the Night - The Bleeding Dusk - When Twilight Burns - As Shadows Fade

The Dexter Series ~ Jeff Lindsay

Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Dearly Devoted Dexter - Dexter in the Dark - Dexter by Design - Dexter is Delicious

Jodi Picoult books

Songs of the Humpback Whale - Harvesting the Heart - Picture Perfect - Mercy - The Pact - Keeping Faith - Plain Truth - Salem Falls - Perfect Match - Second Glance - My Sister's Keeper - Vanishing Acts

Darkest Powers Series ~Kelley Armstrong

The Summoning - The Awakening - The Reckoning - The Gathering

Merry Gentry Series ~ Laurell K Hamilton

A Kiss of Shadows - A Caress of Twilight - Seduced by Moonlight - A Stroke of Midnight - Mistral's Kiss - A Lick of Frost - Swallowing Darkness - Divine Misdemeanors

The fallen angel series ~ JR Ward

Covet - Crave

Anita Blake Vampire Series ~ Laurell K Hamilton

Guilty Pleasures ~ The Laughing Corpse ~ Circus of the Damned ~ The Lunatic Cafe ~ Bloody Bones ~ The Killing Dance ~ Burnt Offerings ~ Blue Moon ~ Obsidian Butterfly ~ Narcissus in Chains ~ Cerulean Sins ~ Incubus Dreams ~ Micah ~ Danse Macabre ~ The Harlequin ~ Blood Noir ~ Skin Trade ~ Flirt ~ Bullet ~ Hit List

Grave Sight series ~Charlaine Harris

Grave Sight - Grave Surprise - An Ice Cold Grave - Grave Secret

Young Adult

House Of Night ~ P.C. Cast

Marked - Betrayed - Chosen - Untamed - Hunted - Tempted - Burned

Fallen Series ~ Lauren Kate

Fallen - Torment

Hush, Hush Series ~ By Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush - Crescendo

Vampire Academy ~ Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy - FrostBite - Shadow Kiss - Blood Promise - Spirt Bound - Last Sacrifice

Morganville Series ~ Rachel Caine

Glass Houses - Dead Girl's Dance - Midnight Alley - Feast of Fools - Lord of Misrule - Carpe Corpus - Fade Out - Kiss of Death - Ghost Town

Angel ~ L.A Weatherly

Percy Jackson & The Olympians series ~ Rick Riordan

The Lightning Thief - The Sea of Monsters - The Titan's Curse - The Battle of the Labyrinth - The Last Olympian

The Kane Chronicles ~ Rick Riordan

The Red Pyramid

The Heroes Of Olympus~ Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero - The Son of Neptune

Wolves of Mercy Falls ~ Maggie Stiefvater

Shiver - Linger

Soul Screamers ~ Rachel Vincent

My Soul To Take - My Soul To Save - My Soul To Keep - My Soul To Steal

The Immortals Series ~ Alyson Noel

Evermore - Blue Moon - Shadowland - Dark Flame - Night Star - Everlasting

Blood and Chocolate ~ Annette Curtis Klause

Need Series ~ Carrie Jones

Need - Captivate - Entice

The Mortal Instruments Series ~ Cassandra Clare

City of Bones - City of Ashes -City of Glass - Clockwork Angel

The Last Vampire Series ~ Christopher Pike

The Last Vampire - Black Blood - Red Dice -Phantom- Evil Thirst -Creatures of Forever -The Eternal Dawn

Evernight Series ~ Claudia Gray

Evernight - Stargazer - Hourglass - Afterlife

Generation Dead Series ~ Daniel Waters

Generation Dead - Kiss of Life - passing strange

Looking Glass Wars ~ Frank Beddor

The Looking Glass Wars - Seeing Redd - Arch Enemy

Immortal ~ Gillian Shields

The Night Huntress World Series ~ Jeaniene Frost

First Drop of Crimson - Eternal Kiss of Darkness

Beautiful Creatures ~ Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

Beautiful Creatures- Beautiful Darkness

The Body Finder ~ Kimberly Derting

The Body Finder - Desires Of The Dead

Night World ~ L. J. Smith

Secret Vampire - Daughters of Darkness– Enchantress - Dark Angel -The Chosen – Soulmate - Huntress - Black Dawn – Witchlight - Strange Fate

The Vampire Diaries ~ L. J. Smith

The Awakening - The Struggle - The Fury - Dark Reunion - The Return: Nightfall - The Return: Shadow Souls - The Return: Midnight - Spirit Hunters: Phantom - Spirit Hunters: Evensong - Spirit Hunters: Eternity

The Secret Circle ~ L. J. Smith

The Initiation - The Captive - The Power

The Forbidden Game ~ L. J. Smith

The Hunter - The Chase - The Kill

Dark Visions ~ L. J. Smith

The Strange Power - The Possessed - The Passion

Blue Bloods Series ~ Melissa de la Cruz

Blue Bloods - Revelations - The Van Alen Legacy - Keys to the Repository - Misguided Angel - Bloody Valentine

Wicked Lovely Series ~ Melissa Marr

wicked lovely - Ink Exchange - fragile eternity - radiant shadows

The Splendour Falls ~ Rosemary Clement-Moore

Push - Sapphire

The Hunger Games ~ Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games - Catching Fire - Mockingjay

The Black Magician Series ~ Trudi Canavan

The Magicians' Guild - The Novice - The High Lord

Unsure which category these fall into, so if anyone could help me out that would be great. :D

Fever Series - Karen Marie Moning

Nikki And Michael Series - Keri Arthur

Divine Series (A Goddess of Partholon Book) - P.C Cast

Weather Warden Series - Rachel Caine

Edited by ~Jenny~

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new and improved list. Still struggling to find whether or not some of the books go in Adult or Young Adult but sadly they are one's I haven't read. If anyone can shed some light that would be awesome.

Adult

Vampire Chronicles - Anne Rice

The Sookie Stackhouse Series - Charlaine Harris

Dark Series - Christine Feehan

The Gardella Vampire Chronicles - Colleen Gleason

The Dexter Series - Jeff Lindsay

Jodi Picoult books - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodi_Picoult#Bibliography

Blackdagger Brotherhood Series - J.R.Ward

Women Of The Otherworld Series - Kelley Armstrong

Darkest Powers Series -Kelley Armstrong

Love At Stake - Kerrelyn Sparks

Eat, Prey, Love - Kerrelyn Sparks

Vampire and the Virgin - Kerrelyn Sparks.

Immortals After Dark Series - Kresley Cole

Midnight Breed Series - Lara Adrian

Merry Gentry Series - Laurell K Hamilton

The Argeneau Family Series - Lynsay Sands

The Shifters Series - Rachel Vincent.

Georgina Kincaid (Succubus) Series - Richelle Mead

The Dark Hunter Series - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Young adult

The Immortals Series - Alyson Noel

Blood and Chocolate - Annette Curtis Klause

Hush, Hush & Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick

Need Series - Carrie Jones

The Mortal Instruments Series - Cassandra Clare

The Last Vampire Series - Christopher Pike

Evernight Series - Claudia Gray

Generation Dead Series - Daniel Waters

Looking Glass Wars - Frank Beddor

Immortal - Gillian Shields

The Night Huntress World Series - Jeaniene Frost

Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.

The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting

Angel - L.A Weatherly

Fallen & Torment - Lauren Kate

Dark Visions - L.J Smith

Night World - L.J.Smith

Secret Circle Trilogy - L.J.Smith

Vampire Diaries - L.J.Smith

Shiver and Linger - Maggie Stiefvater

Blue Bloods Series - Melissa de la Cruz

Wicked Lovely Series - Melissa Marr

House Of Night Series - P.C. Cast

The Morganville Series - Rachel Caine

The Soul Screamer Series - Rachel Vincent

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead

Percy Jackson & The Olympians series - Rick Riordan

The Heroes Of Olympus - Rick Riordan

The Kane Chronicles - Rick Riordan

The Splendour Falls - Rosemary Clement-Moore

Push - Sapphire

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

The Black Magician Series - Trudi Canavan

Unsure which category these fall into, so if anyone could help me out that would be great.

The Cassandra Palmer Series - Karen Chance

Fever Series - Karen Marie Moning

Nikki And Michael Series - Keri Arthur

Anita Blake Vampire Series - Laurell K Hamilton

Divine Series (A Goddess of Partholon Book) - P.C Cast

Weather Warden Series - Rachel Caine

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Wow you've been hard at work. Was going to AtoZ them, once I categoried them all and found all the missing authors.Was thinking about adding a few sub-cats like Vamp's, Shifters, Witches etc... But my head is killing me.

EDIT: Just wondering if it would be worth listing the book in the series in order as well. Or do you think that would be too much like hard work?

:D

Edited by ~Jenny~

Anita Blake Dark Hunter is defo adult. PC & Kristen Cast have the addition of Burned to their house of night series. Also, Clockwork Angel is a prequel to The mortal instruments series

brilliant job mind, I'm well impressed!

Another adult series youight like to include is The fallen angel series by JR Ward which so far includes, Covet and Crave. Very much adult like the bdb series.

Also I was in the Works earlier and the Morganville vamps books are 3 for £5 or £1.99 each at the moment. The Twilight illustrated novel is a bargain at £3.99!

3.99 is better than the 12.99 they wanted when it first came out. I couldn't justify it so was happy to pay the little bit at the works. They had tons of paranormal books at 3 for a fiver.

Has anyone read Angel by LA Weatherly? I just finished it and I quite liked it.

Another books series I can recommend is the Grave Sight series by Charlaine Harris. It's about a woman who, when she was 15, was struck bu lightening and can now find the dead! It's a bit of a murder mystery type series and they are really easy to read!

I was the same. I might of paid it, if it was the full book, but it's only half.

I really liked it as well. Glad I met her at ET4. Looking forward to the next one in June!

Are the YA or A? Just so I add them! :D

OMG I've just been looking at what book I'm going to buy next for the Kindle and the prices have shot it. Was looking at the Vampire Academy series as I'm planning on reading them before the last one and each book has gone up by £1.50. It is cheaper to buy the book rather than getting it on a E reader.

Oooh great work guys!

Thanks for doing this guys! This is great to find out what to read next hehe.

Quick question, Which would I read first by Cassandra Clare: The Mortal Instuments or The Infernal Devices? I've read it doesn't matter but does anyone have an opinion?

Becky Mortal Instruments came out first buuuuut Infernal Devices is the prequel to it so I guess it's up to you lol. I've started reading Mortal Instruments again and then I'll read Clockwork Angel lol. Still got Torment and Angel to read. And I wish Amazon would hurry up and gimme my Ghost Town!!

Hi Jenny...

Are the Succubus books any good?

Im thinkng theyre going to be my next series. :)

I havn't read them yet, but they are on my list to read! I've heard great things about them so am looking forward to getting to them.

If you read them before me , you'll have to let me know.

Hi Jenny...

Are the Succubus books any good?

Im thinkng theyre going to be my next series. :)

I havn't read them yet, but they are on my list to read! I've heard great things about them so am looking forward to getting to them.

If you read them before me , you'll have to let me know.

I'm about to start the 5th book of the Succubus (Georgina Kincaid) books and I highly recommend them. They sometimes take a bit of time to get into the story but once in, it pulls you into the story and you really get to understand Georgina and her life as a succubus.

You're welcome Becky. And after re-reading what you'd put originally I realised my answer was not very helpful ha ha ha! Sorry. Can't wait to start Clockwork Angel!

Yaaaaaay Ghost Town came yesterday!! :whistling:

Only now I'm torn....hmmmm...do I read Clockwork Angel or Ghost Town next? Hmmmm decisions, decisions...

Edited by twilight obsessive