True Blood Actors Other Stuff

KatieBoo

I'm not even sure if I like The Event yet but I do squeel every time I see The Magister in it.

I'd never seen anything with Denis O'Hare in before True Blood, but now he's popped up in loads of stuff I've seen recently; Milk, The Proposal, CSI Miami (...where his surname is Talbot, heehee)

Deborah Ann Woll in the only episode of The Mentalist I've ever seen and now Lois Smith is moving in to Wisteria Lane...

They sure are a hard working bunch.

This list could go on all day... in fact it should! Any recommendations for a girl missing her True Blood fix?

Edited by KatieBoo

Alexander Skarsgård is in Generation Kill, an HBO series about a the 2003 invasion of Iraq. It's pretty much based on fact so it might not be to everyones tastes but it's an excellent series.

There isn't a lead character as such because its about a battalion of marines, so its more of an ensemble piece but I would say as most of the storylines revolve around his team of four, he is the nearest thing to a lead character as you get in in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Kill_(TV_series)

I couldn't get into GK.

yeah - I squeed at the Magister in the Event when I first spotted him too... I'm loving that series so much.... was it on last Tuesday? Having been away at the weekend at ET4 I haven't had a chance to work out which shows were on and which took a week off last week.

I love Generation Kill, it was the first thing I saw him in, and I like those sort of programs anyway. I'm pretty much as big a fangirl about GK as I am about TB lol.

I'm know there was something else recently I saw Stephen Moyer in but I can't remember what it was at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've seen a fair amount of Sam Trammell's previous and on-going work.

Movie wise I would recommend "Fear of Fiction". It's an odd little indie movie that's incredibly charming, quirky and with some great humour in places. Gorgeous soundtrack too. Sam plays twins in it and he switches seamlessly between the 2 very different characters. I rather enjoyed "Beat", though it's a quieter movie than you would expect and Sam's not in it much. "Childhood's End" is hardly the most polished of movies but it has it's moments. AVP2 is... not great, but Sam was really kind of adorable in his small role. That's as far as I've gotten so far movie wise.

TV wise... I really liked his appearance in the short lived legal drama "Justice". He's in the pilot. Great performance in Medium too. His appearance in Dexter is chilling. To be honest he's been great in everything I've seen so far so I'm just picking out my favourites. He's certainly shown a great range over the course of his career and I've never seen him play the same character twice in different roles.

Oh and if you haven't seen them before you really must see his Funny or Die shorts: Funny or Die

I haven't seen all that much of anyone else yet. Though I did randomly come across Marshall Allman in "The Practice". I was pretty impressed with his role in that.

Edited by pixiequeen10thk

Sam in Undermined is very good. Again he plays two different characters to brilliant effect.

Keep waiting for his 3 episodes of Judging Amy to be shown.

And for some first class emotion you should see him in Law and Order: Criminal Intent....the ending made me cry.

I love Undermind, definitely more than Fear of Fiction. I talked about them both to Sam at Bitten on the phone when he was out for dinner with my friends who won the dinner auction :)

Annonymous Rex is hysterical too :D oh, and I also love the short but sweet glimpse of him as a gay best friend in that film with Winona Ryder in... er, wassitcalled?? Oh, yeah - Autumn in New York.

If you watch the awesome new Hawaii Five-0, Mariana Klaveno (Lorena) was in the episode that aired in the US last night. She's almost unrecognisable but was completely awesome :)

Just saw the first episode this morning...i was like a pig in poo...grinning like a loon all the way through.

The opening credits just sent me back decades...(age give away ). :D

Sam in Undermined is very good. Again he plays two different characters to brilliant effect.

Keep waiting for his 3 episodes of Judging Amy to be shown.

And for some first class emotion you should see him in Law and Order: Criminal Intent....the ending made me cry.

I just saw Undermind today! I agree it's an amazing movie. Oh yes I forgot about his Law and Order: CI ep. He was great in that too. I've seen his Judging Amy eps too. Nothing spectacular but he is darn cute in them.

I love Undermind, definitely more than Fear of Fiction. I talked about them both to Sam at Bitten on the phone when he was out for dinner with my friends who won the dinner auction :)

Annonymous Rex is hysterical too :YAHOO: oh, and I also love the short but sweet glimpse of him as a gay best friend in that film with Winona Ryder in... er, wassitcalled?? Oh, yeah - Autumn in New York.

As I said to elullatook, I finally got to see Undermind today and I adored it. I'm not sure which I like best of the 2 as Fear of Fiction really appeals to the weird indie kid in me :P. What did he say about the movies to you? I'd be really interested to hear his take on them. So so jealous of your friend, and you too :)! I had the misfortune to discover True Blood about a month after Bitten occured. I was gutted when I heard I'd missed my chance to meet Sam as he fast became my favourite on the show and I've loved what I've seen of him in other things too.

I've yet to see Annoymous Rex or Autumn in New York. I'm trying to spread out my viewing (and the cost) a little so I've got plenty to keep me occupied over the hiatus. Having said that I kind of failed on that one by watching Beat and Undermind in a row ;)

I personally think they should get Sam back again for Bitten 2.

He was so awesome and friendly at the first one that he would be extremely warmly welcomed back.

Any chance any of his other films are on region 2 ?

God I'd go for that. Sadly I doubt they'll do that as they don't seem to like repeating guests. I know some other con organisers cling on to the popular guests and bring them out time and time again, but I guess I can understand them wanting to give people the chance to meet more of the guests. But hey why not Sam and 3 other new guests :D. There's always the signing events at least. I've been obsessively checking their pages in the hope he'll be announced for one of them this year

Well I know Beat is available region 2 and I got a New Zealand PAL version of Undermind which I believe plays on any PAL machine. Oh and there's AVP2 of course... though yeah not his best movie ever. I'm not sure any of the others are though sadly. I'm lucky in having a multiregional player, so region 1 isn't a problem for me. It is a pain if I want to show any of these movies to my friends though. My sister wants to see Undermind because she's a big Grey's Anatomy fan. Thank goodness that's the PAL one!

• 2 months later...

I personally think they should get Sam back again for Bitten 2.

He was so awesome and friendly at the first one that he would be extremely warmly welcomed back.

I'd like to second and possibly third this please!!!!! :lol:

Ta

I loved Generation Kill it's sooo good!!!

This series earned me some serious kudos at work as I am the only female there so yay on that to quote the boys ''we can talk to you now'' crazy huh!!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...