Complaint about the staff of Hilton

CharlotteP

• Moderators

Woah! That's really annoying! Yeah, our stuff was all moved. The scary thing was I left my phone on my bed, and when I came back it was on the table, and I was like 'oh my god!' until I saw it.

The thing was, they moved really ODD things. My phone, random clothes, the odd bags, a couple of shoes.. It didn't really make a difference to our room, or make any more space, just move them. :S

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i kept my do not disturb thingy up all weekend so i didnt have those problems.... I do wonder though... on the balcony, was everyone else's door broken, like it won t close properly? because that was the case with our's and my friend's room, we had to keep the latch on the keep it closed. The door also didnt help block the noise of the leaf blower early this morning <_< after like no sleep all weekend then finally going to bed at like 4-5am? on sunday to being woken up by a leaf blower like 10 mins before the alarm... the blower then carried on till like 9 =/

However the staff were loads of fun in the early hours of this morning :) they were joking about with us in the reception lol... good thing to cause i have to admit, was kind of worried about getting into big trouble at some points .... those crazy ladies and their alcohol <3 But the security just laughed and told us a few funny stories... then the guy at the bar let me have my glass of cordial for free :) hehehe

must say i wasnt there but after reading some of these stories i'm pretty horrified. okay if you had a mobile and ipod under your bedcover and they made the bed and replaced it but touching your suitcase? and putting stuff in wardrobes? seriously, is there not a law against something like that?

as for the open doors i'd be demanding an explanation and probably a refund. ANYONE could have walked into your room whilst the door was open, and i'm guessing if it was open at 3am it may have been left open for a while.

weird to hear that somebody may have stolen your pen though @Ghost. Anyone else have anything taken/stolen?

Ah, reading all this I feel less silly being annoyed about something which went missing from my room! I left a box open on my bed with tissue paper and like, pyjamas and jewellery and random crap in it. When I got back the stuff was still there but the box and tissue paper was gone. The reason I had it was because I had a very expensive and easily damaged silk blouse with me as part of a costume, and that was what I was keeping it in to get it to and from the con - it was just another thing to worry about, getting it home in one piece. I don't like the Hilton so I just tried to avoid the hotel people as much as possible.

Oh and they also took my Forks pen. :lol: But I stole the Birmingham Hilton pen, so we might be even. <_<

My only complaint about the room was the fact that the door handle came off the balcony door. I went to try and close it and next minute the screw was on the floor and the handle was in my hand. Had to use the extra lock thingy to pull it closed and just push the handle on to lock it.

my handle was still there (barely) but it made no help in keeping the door closed lol that was all the work or the latch thingy

I couldn't sleep the first night, but after that I was so tired I kinda passed out. lol

The only issue with the staff was Monday morning at 8.10 when there was a knock on the door and a member of staff just walked in until they realised there were 2 people asleep in the room. I thought house keeping started a bit later than that. That was me then awake then the alarm went off at 8.30

At least you got a knock, on sunday morning, they just walked right in at 8am, thank god the bolt was on and they couldnt get in

I had a bit of a mix bag tbh.

A lot of the staff were absolutely lovely!! We had a blast last night having a "pj party" in the lobby til bout 4.30 this morning. I didn`t get a free shot though, Despite Princess Han flashing the bar manager so she could have a brew and me trying to blag the shot on the back of it. Yet he gave you the free cordial :lol:;)

I also got given an upgrade for my booked room for ET5 (dunno yet if I can afford to go, But have booked my room) as they have stitched me up with my credit card. But although that is a nice gesture, The fact that they have charged someone elses room payment and stuff ordered to that room on my credit card (which I didn`t have funds for) and that I had to argue the point that I refuse to pay any charges as a result and that they MUST make sure my bank do not put a black mark against my credit for unauthorised payments against my card as a result of this, It really shouldn`t have happened in the first place. I am also having to do the chasing up with the bank (have to phone them tomorrow) to explain what has happened and sort it out - Really it should be them dealing with this.

Another positive is that I didn`t have time to try and find the local Asda to buy a birthday cake for my daughter who turned 16 on the Saturday so I asked if they could possibly supply some sort of cake if I paid for it. They very kindly gave me a "cake" made up of a mini cheesecake, some cream & fruit and a tall glass with jelly and cream & fruit with some chocolate sticks which they offered as complimentary & I was very grateful for.

BUT I had complained that morning because they made me physically sick as I am unable to eat wheat and they specifically told me that I could only eat a fresh omelette and to ask the cook to make it there and then - Only for them to make it in the pan they were using to make fresh pancakes and belgian waffles! I was very unhappy with the response from who I spoke to as he just shrugged his shoulders and offered a pretty pathetic "sorry" with the excuse they wipe it in between and then walked off. I then complained to someone else later because I was trying to make them understand that they were lucky that I was only sick, Whereas with others it could potentially be life threatening.

On the flipside, As I couldn`t eat anything in the Twi Café, They offered to make me a gluten free Beef Stroganoff which was yummy!!

My last negative is that I had a virtually new £25 bra disappear from me room??? Feck knows where it went?

So, Like a said, A big mix bag!! (sorry for the novel :lol: )

I had a bit of a mix bag tbh.

A lot of the staff were absolutely lovely!! We had a blast last night having a "pj party" in the lobby til bout 4.30 this morning. I didn`t get a free shot though, Despite Princess Han flashing the bar manager so she could have a brew and me trying to blag the shot on the back of it. Yet he gave you the free cordial ;):lol:

My last negative is that I had a virtually new £25 bra disappear from me room??? Feck knows where it went?

So, Like a said, A big mix bag!! (sorry for the novel :lol: )

i was totally willing to pay for my cordial too lol.. it was only a £1... he even made sure i was perfectly happy with the amouny of squash he put in, like getting me to taste it and everything and checking he put enough ice in lol 0_0 then i went to pay and he said.. it's just cordial and not to bother :P ... and i didnt even need to get my boobs out bahaha... well more than they get themselves out naturally anyway...

i never took the bra... honest... :lol:

Edited by bfsfreakaof

I found the staff to be nice, the only complaint i had was with my room booking.

I had a double and a single room booked in my name. When i knew the final arrangements, i emailed a few weeks ago and cancelled the double room. But when i checked in on Friday, turned out they had cancelled the single room and i ended up having to pay for the double room on my own.

I spoke to 3 different people about it, including a manager, but they refused to admit that it was their mistake, even though my email CLEARLY said i wanted the double room to be cancelled.

So in the end i was £80 out of pocket :thumbup:

mostly i found things ok. The only things i found were -

1- the outside door of my room was broken and therefore let ALOT of cold in (i discovered i wasnt the only person with this problem)

2- the burger i had in the twilight cafe was pink inside, i returned it but had already eaten enough of it to make me ill. The nxt day i noticed that the burgers were black on the outside but when i looked at one someone was eating it was still pink in the middle :D

3- some of my stuff had been looked through. Nothing was missing but had defo been gone through

Twicafe wasn't great, cold burgers, wedges hard and green! :/

Reception were lovely were the concierge guys :)

house keeping left pizza boxes and bottles in our room for 2 days- I assume because they weren't actually in the bin, but next to it.

My friend had positive things to say about them though- they tidied their room and actually put everything back in the same place to the centimetre, scrunched up pjs and everything!

Hey, didn't really have any problems really, but would say it's not the best Hilton I've ever stayed in. Considering the room I booked was meant to be a superiour Queen, it looked pretty standard to me TBH.

On Monday morning in less than 2 hours we had 4 knocks on the door and chambermaids entering wanting to clean the room. I was like Ummm, hello I was in bed 20 minutes ago when you can in so pretty obvious that Im not gonna be out of the room yet! So at ET5 the Do Not Disturb will be on all weekend.

Also when we checked out, I asked to check and amend my reservation for Feb and was told No, call us or do it on the internet.

I think our outside door must have been broken as well, it was freezing.

The Twi-cafe was okay, the food wasn't AMAZING but for the price I didn't have any bother. Wouldn't say it was cold but it wasn't hot.

I actually lost my purse on the first day and the guy I went too was a bit of a smarmy bugger..had this stupid half smile on his face the whole time I was speaking to him.

Oh, and they totally mucked up my card payment and am on the phone now trying to get to sorted out :YAHOO:

Good luck :/ Like I said, They charged someone elses room and food ordered to that room on my credit card rather then theirs and I had to argue the point that I am REFUSING to pay bank charges that I will incur because of this. They said they would recall the payments, But they`re still showing on my account (incurring more charges!).

Oh, and they totally mucked up my card payment and am on the phone now trying to get to sorted out :P

Good luck :/ Like I said, They charged someone elses room and food ordered to that room on my credit card rather then theirs and I had to argue the point that I am REFUSING to pay bank charges that I will incur because of this. They said they would recall the payments, But they`re still showing on my account (incurring more charges!).

Hey, got it sorted! They had put a pre auth on card but I didn't end up paying on that card and they didnt remove the pre auth - although we discussed it all at the time. So i had the embarrassment on several occasions since monday trying to pay only to be told "it's been declined" Happy though as the girl ws fairly helpful and helped me out with my reservation for Feb! Result :D