Complaint about the staff of Hilton

CharlotteP

Hey there everyone, I was just wondering, did anyone else have any problems with the staff at the Hilton?? Because I found them to be very rude to guess, like ignoring us if we where trying to order food/drinks at the bar (out side in the lobby) or they were either dancing around the bar or flirting with each other in the corner.

Or in the case of my friend who was at the bar (inside the party room) was called an F**king C**t when she asked for her change of £20 for a diat coke, and the woman had given her money to someone else at the bar. And when trying to sort it all out, the staff mad her feel like it was her fault that she never got her money, and didn't even say sorry afterwards. She did put a complaint in with the manager but it ruded our evening and we couldn't go back into the party as we felt uncomfortable.

This was my first ET and after how we we're treated and made to feel, I sadly will not be attenting any ME events if they are in the Hilton in Birmingham.

You guys at ME created such a great weekend for every, it's just sad that it was ruined by staff members of the Hilton.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Mark and Jason will bring those complaints up to the hotel, but it always has a better effect when you report it in person. I'm glad you did so. That name calling in reaction to the change question is absolutely unacceptable.

Did someone get back to you on this? If not maybe you should write a letter or at least an e-mail to the General Manager.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I didn't have a serious problem (well in the end) but we got back from the talks on sat to find our stuff had been moved and our adjoining door had been opened!!! As you can imagine we paniced a little as we don't know the people in the room next door and obviously our stuff had been moved (and it wasn't like that at lunch after the cleaners had been in!) The staff at reception were amazing but they had had a phone call to have the door opened which was worrying!!! I was annoyed that they can open a door when they haven't had permission of the person in both room???

i think the staff were very unhelpful at times, and at the parties i think the bar stuff was using the event to make money for their own pockets, a few people had commented that the prices of drinks vary, one minute a glass of wine would be £4.10 and next £6.00 and so on... so unfair to use people this way. how can they change prices for the same order... far far to expensive !!!!

i think the staff were very unhelpful at times, and at the parties i think the bar stuff was using the event to make money for their own pockets, a few people had commented that the prices of drinks vary, one minute a glass of wine would be £4.10 and next £6.00 and so on... so unfair to use people this way. how can they change prices for the same order... far far to expensive !!!!

The glasses of wine in the parties were £3.25, unless you're talking about the main bar by reception.

• Moderators

I mostly had good experiences with them. The ones on reception were fantastic, helpful and polite, as were those in breakfast, and the lady that served me in the shop.

The only ones that seemed a bit off were the ones working in the Twi Café who seemed like they'd rather be somewhere else, but my food was fine so I can live with that lol

Oh the food in the twicafe was awful!!! Completely cold. Especially the wedges!

I'm a chef and legally hot food should be kept above 63degrees. The food was no where near that temperature!

The staff at reception and in te shop were fab. Really nice :)

I can't say the staff were particularly rude, they jsut seemed a bit lethargic - slow to serve but once they did, they were polite enough. I didn't have any problems with the bar staff but then I only bought a couple of cokes. I went to the main bar for everything else because of having lost my voice most of the w/end and the only trouble I had there was the barman trying to sell me a warm brandy for my throat lol!!

I didn't have a serious problem (well in the end) but we got back from the talks on sat to find our stuff had been moved and our adjoining door had been opened!!! As you can imagine we paniced a little as we don't know the people in the room next door and obviously our stuff had been moved (and it wasn't like that at lunch after the cleaners had been in!) The staff at reception were amazing but they had had a phone call to have the door opened which was worrying!!! I was annoyed that they can open a door when they haven't had permission of the person in both room???

i had this SAME problem,! they had re-arranged all of our stuff. moved it into my suitcase, put clothes in different drawers, even put my money in the wardrobe so i had a panic attack trying to find it! i was really worried when i got back to find everything moved :whistling:

I didn't really use the Twicafe, I grabbed a table while my friends got the food (I only had a coffee) but one of my friends did say that the food was really bad.

I found the staff on the recepition desk really helpful. Our tap in out bathroom was just hot all the time, so I popped down and they said that it was an airlock and would send someone up to fix it, and they also sent us two large bottles of still water to the room, which was a godsend (well after checking they didn't stick them on the hotel room bill)

Receptio, they were very helpful (had to change room when I arrived).

Food court room for us: as it was said before, they seemed to want to be somewhere else.

Plus, the food was not nice.

I hope you will hear from the hotel as it is unacceptable when they said to you.

Oh the food in the twicafe was awful!!! Completely cold. Especially the wedges!

I'm a chef and legally hot food should be kept above 63degrees. The food was no where near that temperature!

God the food was horrible again I was hoping it was gonna be better so I had some but god no. My boyfriend had the wedges too and he said the same about them being cold :YAHOO:

As for the Hilton staff, my bathroom leaked we reported it twice and still noone came to sort it in the end I went down to reception to sort it out I was getting pretty annoyed by this time as it was spreading all over the floor. The maintenance guys came and "fixed" it and gave us two bottles of cider as a present. The next day the same thing happened grrr fixed my foot >_> I also found a dirty hairbrush in the cupboard pffffffft :D

Seems like it happened to others to, but on the sunday i came back and my door and window had been Left open, i had a portable dvd player, and mp3 player and an ipod all in view from the door,

Went to reception and complained and the lady walked away with my door key then came back handed it to me and said okay bye?!?!?

I don't really have any huge problem but there was one thing that I was ticked off a bit.

My room key never worked but when I went to sort it out the woman at the desk kept saying that it was my fault coz I put it with my phone. She came across a little aggressive actually. I NEVER had it with my phone. I checked in and went to the room. Key in hand the whole time. Even if it was because of this, why didn't they inform me that they should be kept seperate at all times when I checked in? :blush:

I don't really have any huge problem but there was one thing that I was ticked off a bit.

My room key never worked but when I went to sort it out the woman at the desk kept saying that it was my fault coz I put it with my phone. She came across a little aggressive actually. I NEVER had it with my phone. I checked in and went to the room. Key in hand the whole time. Even if it was because of this, why didn't they inform me that they should be kept seperate at all times when I checked in? :blush:

:S :S i kept my room key in the same case with my phone the entire weekend and it worked fine. .

My room key never worked but when I went to sort it out the woman at the desk kept saying that it was my fault coz I put it with my phone. She came across a little aggressive actually. I NEVER had it with my phone. I checked in and went to the room. Key in hand the whole time. Even if it was because of this, why didn't they inform me that they should be kept seperate at all times when I checked in?:headscratch:

:S :S i kept my room key in the same case with my phone the entire weekend and it worked fine. .

Alot of people did! She just decided to kick up a fuss with me even though I didn't have it with my phone and I told her that! :blush:

I personally didn't have any problems with staff really. Infact my friend had amazing help from a really kind man on the reception desk on sunday afternoon, who helped her to sort out her travel arrangement issues. He was so kind and helpful.

Really sorry to hear some of these dreadful stories. Please complain officially to the hotel though, if you can. They really need to sort this out. I guess if they don't know, they can't do anything about it.

I'm with you all on the food - really bad. Worse than at ET3 sadly. Had to send my Cullen burger back 3 times as it was pink! Really pink. Put me off so much. Lived on my yummy cooked breakfast for 2 days. lol. Breakfast was nice. :blush:

Bit worried about the party Bar - 2 vodka and redbulls 12 quid!!! :wub: Anyone else have these and pay this price? Why didn't I say anything - wonder what they would have been if the bar wasn't discounted???? lol :P

Will stick to vino next time - bargain price!