Amazing opportunity: SM could invite 4 biggest ever guests (November o

Tammy-B

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps if your ribs are collapsing it's because your girdle is too tight

Count, please put down your Prada handbag and step slowly away from yahweh70!!

Oh, and i've never been naked on the gogglebox unlike Cheggers, but there's always a chance with these Channel 4 'Embarassing Illnesses' shows on telly so often.....

Funniest thread I've read in ages!! What is it with the younglings that they don't understand irony, sarcasm or even just plain with! - I think we should ban over 30's from the forum!

Darren - aged 36!

Mods - please feel free to edit my age to something more appropriate!

As regarding to the person who called me a stalker I won't even comment on it...or maybe I will. This very rude to call someone a stalker. Is it ok to call someone a stalker on this messageboard just like that?

If not

I'm asking moderator to delete this rude, pathetic and unjustful comment about a stalker.-----

That would have been me! It was said in jest, as even you have to admit, knowing the exact habits of any A list Hollywood actor, does come across as just a wee bit unusual. I can't imagine even Megan Fox would be able to tell you when her next free time is going to be.

Sorry if you felt offended by my comments, but in the paraphrased words of the immortal film director (and insurance salesman) Michael Winner " CALM DOWN DEAR, IT'S ONLY A FORUM" :P

Try calling someone a stalker face to face...and see what will happen. ;-)

It'll be very funny..but not for you.

It's only a forum yes, and your hidden under you avatar...but does is mean you can misbehave?

Edited by Tammy-B

You post on here giving 4 seemingly random guests, and log them as the 4 greatest guests ever, and give dates when they're next working. You don't explain, when requested how/where you got this info, or why these particular 4 folks are somehow 'biggest ever'.

at this point of your messege they are "random guests"

Info that would be seen by some as 'stalker' type knowledge.. And you take offense..

if so... Jason and ShowMasters are the biggest stalkers of all time, right???

Ask Jason does he find it funny??? Jason The SuperStalker LOL

Jason then mocks the seemingly simplistic view of con organising.. And you take offense..

It only shows that the whole guests suggestions ideas have no sense. SM got the suggestion from me backed up by vital info about these guests availability. Their reaction? Not even "a thank you", not even "we'll check it out"...

I did said I could give SM the direct contacts to these stars people. Hey maybe I know Brian in person ;-) ?

The thing is I offered SM info and contacts on a plate. No personal gain for me…

Did SM bothered to contact me?...NO!! (They are too occupied by getting more people who were among hunderds of stormtroopers in Star Wars. Real-deal stars no Imdb Pro meter needed. )

The whole response from SM was Jason wrote the message that tried to ridicule the idea...

See - there's no logic in guests suggestions:

a) if you say "I want these stars as the guests"...SM's comment will be "no response" or "it can't be done, these people are too big, they don't have time,they wouldn't even answer"

:P if you say "I want these stars and I KNOW they have time and will to show up', the SM's comment will be "you're a stalker", "make your own convention", "we know better"

SO...WHAT'S THE POINT OF GUESTS SUGGESTIONS???

If SM don't like suggestions...because "they know better" then stop this nonsense about guests suggestions

Plus just imagine the huge negative press/vibe if Earls Court went into meltdown, with hundreds of folks unable to get signatures from Megan Fox. I doubt she'd be able to do the necessary numbers of autographs over the weekend to sate the thirst from the male population.

but you said she's on of the "random guests"! Man read, your own words again...And how do you know how many people will come to get an autograph from Megan??? Gee, you have to be...yes... STALKER!!!...hahaha...I have to tell Brian about it...

Edited by Tammy-B

• Moderators

There's a lot of point in guest suggestions.

However, if you're apparently someone with a lot of knowledge/information about potential guests, why not contact Showmasters directly?

I don't know whether it's in a professional capacity or otherwise, but posting such details on here - which is generally for attendees etc - is only going to open you up to people responding.

If you're serious about getting these people to an event, and truly believe you can help, then it would be more professional to contact an organiser directly I believe.

Tammy, I am really sorry you feel offended. But please calm down.

I keep saying it when there's fans around here who focus only on one fandom: "one man's junk is another man's treasure."

We have Twilight fans here who request some guys I and no one not being a die-hard Twilight fan have never heard of. Anime fans who are very happy about voice actors that again a lot of others have never heard of.

And then you come on and ask for a seemingly random combination of 4 guests who have nothing to do with each other (and don't anybody dare to give me the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game! :clap: ), and even call them the "greatest guests ever". I think that's where the "random guest" comes from. Usually we have people asking for guests from one genre. But you have an newcomer actress who's biggest achievements lately have been filling the tabloids, an actress from a more or less "classic" guilty pleasure show, one classic actor from cult movies and a director

Guest suggestions are nothing bad, in fact they are very welcome.

However, the way you have chosen to do it is indeed extremely unusual. We usually get someone saying "Hey, Pam Anderson is doing panto. Isn't that a great coincidence? Who would like to see her?" In fact there's already a suggestion topic for her, which has caused none of these reactions.

But you gave an in-depth account about these guys and girls. This is really not the usual way we see on here.

And as you can see from this topic it has made a lot of others raise eyebrows or do the online version of that. Coming back to "would you call someone a stalker to his face?": If you had approached anybody in person with your first post, what reaction would you have expected?

if so... Jason and ShowMasters are the biggest stalkers of all time, right???

Ask Jason does he find it funny??? Jason The SuperStalker LOL

Jason found it funny because it is his job to know. He organises these things, so he and the other guys at SM towers do keep an eye on things. They can't have their eyes everywhere, so comments like "Pam doing panto" are very much appreciated.

But you came on here acting as if you could let them in on some secret they've been completely missing, that's what got you the reaction you are so unhappy about.

SM have better contacts than 99.9 percent of the people on here will ever have and sorry, but I am pretty sure most those "vital info" people have tried to provided the with is respectively was already known to them.

I remember one older topic asking "can you help locate...?", but those were guests from older movies and not as well known as the names you have given.

Like David said, if you think you can help it's best to contact them directly, and not come on a message board and make a post the way you did.

Again we often get posts on here "hey, I have guest info, what do I do?" and we always recommend to e-mail or call.

Did SM bothered to contact me?...NO!! (They are too occupied by getting more people who were among hunderds of stormtroopers in Star Wars. Real-deal stars no Imdb Pro meter needed. )

See above - maybe they already have the info you wanted to provide them with?

I take it you don't like Star Wars then. But Jason is a huge fan, hence the stormtroopers.

You can bet if I would ever find the money to organise an event the focus would be on Stargate. Others would get John Barrowman. Others would just give a check to Jensen and Jared from Supernatural.

SM have given us a lot of great guests over the years. I don't see any harm in them getting some extra guests from a fandom they personally like. If some big name will become available they'd never say "sorry, we spent all our money on Star Wars guests!"

See - there's no logic in guests suggestions:

a) if you say "I want these stars as the guests"...SM's comment will be "no response" or "it can't be done, these people are too big, they don't have time,they wouldn't even answer"

SM will never comment on guest negotiations. The few times it has been done have often backfired - case in point an announcement for CM: London last year and an ME Heroes con.

But I've never seen them once comment "it can't be done." They had three of the four hobbits at one show at the height of the Lord of the Rings craze. People kept telling me not to go because "they wouldn't show up." But they did show. Did most of the people think this could have been done? No.

As for not saying anything... it really wouldn't be professional to comment "sorry, we tried to get them to come, but they demanded a six digit figure for a 20 minute appearance", wouldn't it?

:P if you say "I want these stars and I KNOW they have time and will to show up', the SM's comment will be "you're a stalker", "make your own convention", "we know better"

I hope the first part of my post has answered that for you.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

To be fair to him, they weren't working properly for Tammy either :D

Nothing works for Tammy.

Now now.. :P

Posted a reply earlier agreeing with lukeowl's position. The html seemed to look ok, but for some reason, it didn't come through for that long retort to Tammy's hissy fit. Seems that my link crashed... so the message got lost.

Btw, is BOLD type the news CAPS LOCK SHOUTING Netiquette?

Btw, If I suggested that the show might get a bit crazy if Tom Cruise signed up for CM or LFCC, would that imply I'm a stalker?

You mean you aren't a stalker?

You say that to my face, and I'll, I'll I'll drop hints that I'm on the same level of friendship to a 90210 star that Richard Blackwood always suggested he was with Wil Smith and any other black movie star that came over to the UK...

And suggest you're a stalker too.... and cwy....

Oh look, bathwater..!

Love the comment about Blackwood - very true.

Anyway, while on the subject of Stalkers - has anyone seen Keith?

Am surprised my own personal Idaho, sorry, stalker, Count Fooku hasn't said any caffeine related jape yet..

Joined the Dark Side, Fooku has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now.

Talking of stalkers, at the old Fellowship of the Ring premiere at the Odeon Leic Square...

As opposed to the new premiere?

Am surprised my own personal Idaho, sorry, stalker, Count Fooku hasn't said any caffeine related jape yet..

Joined the Dark Side, Fooku has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now.

You might say that.. I couldn't possibly comment...

Booya! :WINCE::D

You really, really should cut down on your caffeine intake...