Any Advice please?

JDS1901

Hi all,

I'm new to the Convention scene and still debating about whether I should buy a ticket for ET 4 or 5... of course I'd like to buy for both (and might yet lol!), but my friend is only commiting to one at the mo!...

I know there is only 1 guest for the February date, but I wondered if you know when it's likely that more guest names will be released? what's the norm?

I'd really like to see Peter Facinelli, but I wondered what the likelyhood of him doing ET4 and 5 was?

Would appreciate any of your advice guys?!

Thanks,

JDS :D

Peter Facinelli has been announced for ET4 so your luck's in there. Fingers crossed he won't cancel because of work comittments. I can not WAIT to meet him!

As for when other guests will be announced well that can vary I guess depending on when they have signed on the dotted line to attend the con lol. Hopefully there'll be another announcement soon. There have been times that guests for the next ET have been announced at the current con so you never know a guest for ET5 may get announced whilst we're at ET4!

I suppose the bottom line is, if you're unable to attend both, are you happy with the guests that have been announced for ET4? Orrr do you want to hold out for more guests to be announced for ET5 to see if you'd rather meet them?

Edited by twilight obsessive

• Moderators

Hi JDS :thumbup:

Firstly, welcome to the forum. Hope you have a great time here.

In terms of guests, as Dayna has said, they can really be announced at any time. There's certainly not any fixed 'announcement' period, so it can often be a nice surprise to see one pop up on here unexpectedly.

Guests don't tend to be announced for consecutive conventions, so anyone attending ET4 is unlikely to be in the ET5 lineup. So if there's someone you'd really love to meet at ET4, that's always going to be your best chance to meet them.

We always announce when tickets are running low, so you can keep your options open and make a decision at a later date :D

Hi,

Thanks both for the warm welcome and the great advice...

I suppose I just need to decide, or try persuade my friend to do them both with me!!

I'll defo be keeping an eye out here and look forward to joining in the topics too.

Thanks,

Leah

Also I noticed the hotel is booked up for ET4... any other recommendations nearby?

• Moderators

You're welcome :thumbup:

Best thing to do is post in any of the 'introduce yourself' topics, and General Chat etc, and just read around about the events.

Everyone here talks on Facebook and MSN etc, so by the time you do end up going to an event, you'll know loads of people there :D

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=60399

Might be worth reading/posting there about the hotel.

Edited by DavidB

Aww Lily :huh: But yes, thats true :D

Leah, perhaps someone needs a roomy? Here is another topic you could check out:

ET5

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=58445

ET4

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=60417

Cant remember if we already told you or not, they often have a meet up on the Friday at about 4pm, usually at Wetherspoons or similar so you can all either catch up or get to know each other. A thread should appear once ET4 is done (there is already one in place in the ET4 forum)

ET is such a friendly con, you will soon get to know people on here :P

I went on my own to ET2 having only met some of the people at the Proms the month before, and the others I talked to on here first. I had an awesome time :D

and ps I met Peter at LFCC, but I bet he is really good fun at the weekend cons if his LFCC visit was anything to go by :D Him and Alex together were hilarious :D

Edited by Rhianydd