Just remember

aseefsid

If it's anyone's 'mistake' it's those that are working on the stadium sadly.

but obviously SM are the sole users and employer of the builders at the MK Dons stadium, so it must be their fault :D

If it's anyone's 'mistake' it's those that are working on the stadium sadly.

but obviously SM are the sole users and employer of the builders at the MK Dons stadium, so it must be their fault :D

And don't forget that SM also control the weather so the cold and rain must have been their fault as well. Tut tut, it's just not good enough. :D

I hope that it's show-masters last mistake.

I think this is a very reasonable request. All aseefsid is asking is that Showmasters now conduct the rest of their affairs 100% error free from now until the end of eternity. Speaking as someone who has never made a single mistake in their life (other than that rather unsavoury business at the cooked chicken counter in the Bury St Edmonds Tescos in 2007, but in my defence than damn chicken was sitting in its bag very provocatively and I'd had rather a lot to drink, especially for that time of the morning) I think this is a very achievable goal.

I think this is a very reasonable request. All aseefsid is asking is that Showmasters now conduct the rest of their affairs 100% error free from now until the end of eternity. Speaking as someone who has never made a single mistake in their life (other than that rather unsavoury business at the cooked chicken counter in the Bury St Edmonds Tescos in 2007, but in my defence than damn chicken was sitting in its bag very provocatively and I'd had rather a lot to drink, especially for that time of the morning) I think this is a very achievable goal.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, thanks for that! :D

:D

It was my first MK last year, I'd never been.

didn't realize it was such a bloody out door arena.

2nd it was every so cold and rainy.

terrible weather.

but nice day otherwise.

I haven't been to a Collectormania event since the time it was in the shopping centre. I couldn't make the spring one last year as it was moved to June when I was on holiday, the autumn one was shifted to London, which is too expensive to get to, and I didn't go to the recent one as I ended up spending all my money at another well known event at the NEC - they were able to get some great guests including Ian McCulloch, whom my wife and I have been waiting to meet for over a decade!

Unfortunately the Autumn one this year has once again been moved to London, which once again is fine for Londoners, not so good for the rest of us though!

It's such a shame the shopping centre event went, it was all indoors, plenty of parking nearby, other shops to look at whilst waiting for VQ ticket numbers and some decent coffee shops around (does the stadium have any decent coffee shops?). Anyway, it's the shopping centre's loss, they won't have the extra trade anymore.

• Moderators

Sorry, but just to correct you - this year's one was not moved to London. They scheduled MK as well as London, however this was not possible, and so MK was delayed until next year.

Sorry, but just to correct you - this year's one was not moved to London. They scheduled MK as well as London, however this was not possible, and so MK was delayed until next year.

Actually what I mean't was, there was no MK event last autumn and this autumn - but there is and has been a London event last year and this year which there wasn't before.

Whatever happened to Collectormania Midlands? I preferred it when it was at the Ricoh, but it seems to have disappeared altogether now.

• 3 weeks later...

LMAO! :P

who said sarcasm was the lower form of wit? :o

Unfortunately the Autumn one this year has once again been moved to London, which once again is fine for Londoners, not so good for the rest of us though!

It's such a shame the shopping centre event went, it was all indoors, plenty of parking nearby, other shops to look at whilst waiting for VQ ticket numbers and some decent coffee shops around (does the stadium have any decent coffee shops?). Anyway, it's the shopping centre's loss, they won't have the extra trade anymore.

I would suggest that for a great many of us, London is easier to get to. Direst bus, plane or train to London. Going to MK means driving or going via London or maybe Birmingham if we're lucky. I'm in no way inferring I don't want an event at MK or that I prefer a London event. I'm just saying that even for non-Londoners, it may be the easier option. However, depending on guests, nothing is going to stop me going to MK next year! This year was fab, despite the rain and the cold which Showmasters clearly organised!

• 2 weeks later...

Midlands had venue issues. That's not to say it wont be back in future but it's off the schedule at the moment.

Ah so there may be a possibility that Midlands is to be held again. Ah ok. I did wonder whether it had gone to hide in a cupboard while the whole MK thing was being sorted out. Thank you x

• 5 months later...

Can I just be really dim here and ask why Collectormania had to be moved from the shopping centre? I thought it was great there as past posts have mentioned, you had shops surrounding you whilst you held that ticket in your hand so dearly to meet your guest. It was perfect, why was it moved out and into the Dons Stadium?

The event was moved because the shopping center was no longer available. The plan was to convert the event area in Middleton Hall into shops.

I liked the shopping centre too. But there's been posts that the event outgrew that venue for years, and I can absolutely see that point as well. If you've been in the Torchwood signing area when John Barrowman and Eve Myles attended you know what I am talking about. :D

The event was moved because the shopping center was no longer available. The plan was to convert the event area in Middleton Hall into shops.

I liked the shopping centre too. But there's been posts that the event outgrew that venue for years, and I can absolutely see that point as well. If you've been in the Torchwood signing area when John Barrowman and Eve Myles attended you know what I am talking about. :D

Ah, memories. I think this perfectly highlights one of the pros/cons of the shopping centre. The pro being it attracted interest from the general shopper/passerby, which was a good thing. The con being with people like John & Eve it attracted a lot of interest from the shopper/passerby which added to the already large number of attendees wanting to meet them anyway meant that just trying to join the VQ when your number had been called was an adventure in itself.

The likes of Leonard Nimoy, Linda Hamilton, etc may well have generated a similar effect.

Can I just be really dim here and ask why Collectormania had to be moved from the shopping centre? I thought it was great there as past posts have mentioned, you had shops surrounding you whilst you held that ticket in your hand so dearly to meet your guest. It was perfect, why was it moved out and into the Dons Stadium?

The shopping centre didn't want it to be held there any more, much to the disappointment of many of the shop owners who always benefited from an increase in sales whenever the event was held there. At the time the change of venue was announced there were suggestions that there was a health and safety issue due to the shopping centre wanting to increase the amount of floor space taken up by shops, though I never came across official confirmation of this.