Leonard Nimoy

smm1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

he has just been announced for another us con,

COME ON SHOWMASTERS, PLEASE BRING HIM BACK, NO MATTER THE COST!!

So if it costs $100,000 to get him to attend (flights, fees, hotels etc) and SM only makes $60k from his appearence, YOU will personaly give SM the $40k shortfall?

NO??!?!

Then don't use the sentence "NO MATTER THE COST!!" :rolleyes:

I think that response is just as outrageous in its generalisation as my at no matter the cost was ;-)

lol

Did showmasters really not benefit from his last appearence? if they didnt then wow, if they did then I dont see an issue in principle. but then im not privy to the ins and outs.

cant believe I got into cons a month after his appearence :-( damn it (in my best jack bauer voice)

I'm sure they did make money last time.

My point is still valid, if they "get him no matter the cost" then they are very likely to loss money.

So as I say, I'm sure if you task Jason to offer Leonard whatever it takes to get him here and you'll cover any shortfall, Jason will happily have him attend :blush:

So as I say, I'm sure if you task Jason to offer Leonard whatever it takes to get him here and you'll cover any shortfall, Jason will happily have him attend :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to make the same offer for Tricia Helfer o come back LOL - already considering a states visit to finally meet her next month (but waiting on weather, industrial action dates and of course late cancellations of her attending the event) before booking flights.

But back to topic, Leonard is elderly and he did work hard in MK - getting through thousands or signed items and close to as many again in photo shoots despite the venue being really cold and no doubt being a bit jet lagged as well, he was a real trooper, there may well be a point when he will say, i will do events but not such tiring ones, which maybe why he is appearing at a few US cons next year.

I'd definitely meet him again if timelord paid him to come over.

I'd definitely meet him again if timelord paid him to come over.

Me too :blush:

So if it costs $100,000 to get him to attend (flights, fees, hotels etc) and SM only makes $60k from his appearence, YOU will personaly give SM the $40k shortfall?

NO??!?!

Then don't use the sentence "NO MATTER THE COST!!" :rolleyes:

I think that response is just as outrageous in its generalisation as my at no matter the cost was ;-)

lol

Did showmasters really not benefit from his last appearence? if they didnt then wow, if they did then I dont see an issue in principle. but then im not privy to the ins and outs.

cant believe I got into cons a month after his appearence :-( damn it (in my best jack bauer voice)

I'm sure they did make money last time.

My point is still valid, if they "get him no matter the cost" then they are very likely to loss money.

So as I say, I'm sure if you task Jason to offer Leonard whatever it takes to get him here and you'll cover any shortfall, Jason will happily have him attend :poki:

when I win euro millions im gonna task jason with putting on a we love naoko mori convention which will be for my eyes only lol

plus a vegas style trek con, plus plus lol. I do get carried away

funny enough I did actually have a dream recently where I became rich and gave jason a list of guests and said whatever it costs ill ocver it lol, seems rich rob is generous lol

Edited by timelord81r

when I win euro millions im gonna task jason with putting on a we love naoko mori convention which will be for my eyes only lol

I wondered how long it would take for you to mention her.

So come November, one organiser gets her, the other gets Leonard. Photoshoots are the same day, can't be moved. Who wins?

So come November, one organiser gets her, the other gets Leonard. Photoshoots are the same day, can't be moved. Who wins?

I would pay to see the agony on Rob's face as he tries to decide!

thats tough, I would say naoko BUT leonard in this country is perhaps more rare and he is getting on. so right now id say leonard for those reasons, but when the time came could I pass up naoko? i dont know, id kill both organisors though for forcing me into the choice lol, i bet you a tenner there will be a big clash for some of us

I would pay to see the agony on Rob's face as he tries to decide!

i would be in tears, and I would be breaking something

maybe they could bring back Leonard Nimoy and John Noble at the same time

that would be an awesome duo photoshoot (and talk) opportunity for all FRINGE fans

I know I would sign up for that (and I already met them both)

321466.jpg

from his twitter

TheRealNimoy

Now planning appearances for 2011.First is San Francisco March 12 for ...........................................................l. More soon. LLAP

11:35 PM Dec 14th via web

Retweeted by you and 22 others

come on showmasters, dont let him get all booked up!!!! please

out of interest when was his last visit prior to last year?

it was like a month before i started cons :-(

may 2009 CM MK

You missed the 'prior to last year' part of Terrahawks question . Stop dreaming about Naoko :WINCE:

oops, yer sorry I did.

i always dream of naoko ;-)

great so you are paying for the cost great :coolthumb:

thats simpel thanks timelord :D

jason :P

I f I win the lotto jason I guarantee I would

though Id certanly perform any personal services you or the crew would like in order for leonard to reappear at a con :thumbup::P lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes,i second that last comment.

i was also at that event.leonard nimoy looked frail and absolutely exhausted,two full days of signing,the queue for him was unrelenting,it was also pretty cold being held as it was "al fresco" at the MK DONS football ground.when i got to him,he had a blanket wrapped around his shoulders,obviously to try and keep some semblance of warmth,looking at him,i felt a bit sorry for the guy,i mean,he`s no spring chicken anymore.but bless him,considering the long hours sitting there,to his credit,he had a ready smile and shook my hand.the demand for meeting him was so great,they had to insist there were no photo dedications or posed photos,they would never have gotten through all the people waiting otherwise.to give you some idea,i got my virtual queue ticket at 10am,and my number didn`t come up until 3.30pm!

i would be surprised if he comes over for another convention,you have to take into the account the age of some of the guests.which is why i made sure i was at that event.

it was a dream come true for me,i got to meet a sci-fi legend...albeit for about 5 seconds! lol...but i was absolutely thrilled.

it was a dream come true for me,i got to meet a sci-fi legend...albeit for about 5 seconds! lol...but i was absolutely thrilled.
:D I am still thrilled!

Im not, he attended before my time on the con circuit :-(

looks like I may have to go to america at this rate