Query Re food laid on at The Hilton for ET4 Attendees

SacredSilence

Hola!

I was just wondering if SM/ME are going to arrange for food at an affordable cost available at ET4 like it was at ET3?

It was great being able to get something without breaking the bank :D

The only thing I was wondering is if it will it be the same food on offer? (selection of pasta dishes, burgers and hot dogs) Or if it would be possible to cater for attendees with restricted diets too?

Unfortunately, I am unable to eat anything with Wheat/Gluten in so wouldn`t be able to have anything this time :(

Also, I am going Gold for the first time at ET4 and have heard talk of snacks and cakes? Which I presume wouldn`t be Wheat/Gluten free.

I realise you do this as a kindness rather than necessity so it may be too difficult to cater for anything other than a normal diet, I was just curious as I will have to make sure I bring stuff from home otherwise as the Wetherspoons and Subway are mostly out of my reach too.

I *think* the cake mentioned in Gold Reception is made by Rhi? I could always try and make a GF cake if anyone else is intolerant tho it might taste disgusting as I could burn water :YAHOO:

Thanks in advance for a reply ;)

LiSe x

There is usually a selection of chips and gummi bears at the Gold Pass drinks reception.

Rhi has done some cakes for ET shows, that's true. But unfortunately I've got no clue how that cake is distributed. She'll hopefully be along to answer this for you shortly.

• Showmasters Admin

SacredSilence,

As far as I'm aware the final menu for the cheaper food is 100% up to the hotel. They are just asked to put on the cheaper food option for the con goers.

I'm afraid it's unlikely that they'll have an "specials" as the whole thing is based on volumn to keep the price down. But you can happily contact the hotel and ask. Although if I'm honest they'll probably have no idea what they'll be serving until about a week before.

Thanks for the replies QS & Rhi x

SacredSilence,

As far as I'm aware the final menu for the cheaper food is 100% up to the hotel. They are just asked to put on the cheaper food option for the con goers.

I'm afraid it's unlikely that they'll have an "specials" as the whole thing is based on volumn to keep the price down. But you can happily contact the hotel and ask. Although if I'm honest they'll probably have no idea what they'll be serving until about a week before.

That`s just the info I was after as I was unsure if it was down to you or the Hilton - Thanks! B)

Lise - I also have problems eating out anywhere as I can't eat dairy, but also have allergies to tree nuts, shellfish & onions!!!

It`s a nightmare isn`t it :D

I`ve found the only thing I can more or less eat out is steak as even sauces have gluten in ;) x

I'd imagine the hotel, even with a special cheaper menu for the Con guests would surely have something you can eat on the menu - my best friend is a vegetarian coeliac who's allergic to sugar, choclate - and obviously can't do wheat/gluten, so I hear you on the dietary problems.

As someone said, I'd suggest ringing the hotel to check - I mean there's always the vegetarian option, which could work for you - or you could perhaps say bring your own pasta [wheat free] and try to work something out with that - or something? Just some thoughts!

Maybe bring a box of suitable cereal for yourself that you could at least have a couple of bowls at breakfast to start you off each day? :)

Thanks for the replies QS & Rhi x

SacredSilence,

That`s just the info I was after as I was unsure if it was down to you or the Hilton - Thanks! :D

Lise - I also have problems eating out anywhere as I can't eat dairy, but also have allergies to tree nuts, shellfish & onions!!!

It`s a nightmare isn`t it :wub:

I`ve found the only thing I can more or less eat out is steak as even sauces have gluten in ;) x

Yeah, I'm the same. Meat & salad is pretty much it. If it's Frankie & Benny's then Steak & Chips.

I know it wasn't really what you were asking for, but I noticed when I attended ET3, that there were a Subway located on the Nec building about 5 minutes walk from the Hilton Hotel :) Just thought you should know, in case you don't find anything closer to eat :unsure:

Subway is alllll I lived on at ET3!

I mentioned to Steph a while back that I'm tempted to find space in my case for my smoothie maker... then all I have to do is get a taxi to the supermarket & stock up on fruit. Foody goodness by day, alcoholic smoothies by night :poki:

I mentioned to Steph a while back that I'm tempted to find space in my case for my smoothie maker... then all I have to do is get a taxi to the supermarket & stock up on fruit. Foody goodness by day, alcoholic smoothies by night :D

Probably cheaper to jump the train in, it's one stop and there's a Tesco just down the road!

I mentioned to Steph a while back that I'm tempted to find space in my case for my smoothie maker... then all I have to do is get a taxi to the supermarket & stock up on fruit. Foody goodness by day, alcoholic smoothies by night :lol:

Probably cheaper to jump the train in, it's one stop and there's a Tesco just down the road!

but then it means carrying! :D

I know where tesco is in the pallasades.... and asda's usually cheaper for booze :WAVE: