BAFTA 2004

RainbowDisney

I know I haven't been around for a few weeks but I cant seem to find a thread regarding this years BAFTA awards so i thought i'd start one, sorry if there is one floating around and i have missed it.

As most if not all of u may or may not know, the Return of The King has been nominated for 12 BAFTA's this year in the following catagories : -

BEST FILM

THE DAVID LEAN AWARD for achievement in Direction

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

BEST ACTOR in a Supporting role (Ian Mckellan)

THE ANTHONY ASQUITH AWARD for achievement in Film Music

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

BEST EDITING

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

BEST COSTUME DESIGN

BEST SOUND

BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS

BEST MAKE UP & HAIR

Also if anyone is Interested : -

On Friday, January 23, the Biography Channel will feature its "Biography Extra: The Lord of the Rings" at 1pm and 7pm . This Bio Channel exclusive examines the films that make up the Trilogy. Cast and crew discuss their involvement, familiarity with author J.R.R. Tolkien, and their approach to their craft. Interviews include director Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood , Sean Astin Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan , Ian McKellen , Viggo Mortensen , and Miranda Otto.

Andy :blink:

OOh, thanks for all the lovely info Andy! :blink:

Btw, no-one has started a BAFTA thread yet.

I knew ROTK was up for 12 BAFTAs but didn't know what they were. I don't believe Cold Mountain got nominated for 13 though! Not that I've seen it, so I can't really judge. But do I really have to see it to know which is better?!

Again no LOTR actor has been nominated for Best Actor. What a suprise. :blink:

While on the subject of BAFTAs, did anyone go to last years? I didn't mean to, but I did. I was visiting my aunt in London and we went to a Chinese restaurant in one of the roads off Leicester Squrae. When we came out, there were huge crowds, barriers etc. and I asked a policewoman what the hell was going on (but not literally, obviously!). She said, "the BAFTAs are on in 20 minutes". My immediate thought was, "Ooh, LOTR actors!" So, I waited - couldn't get anywhere near the red carpet, but I managed to get on the barrier at the bit where the cars drive up to it. I saw Ian M, Sean B, Richard Taylor and Andy S. arrive. (Also got brill pic of Angelina Jolie - and, erm... Ruby Wax - :blink: haha)

It was so cool! Hmm, I wonder which of the LOTR actors are gonna turn up this time? Can't wait to see it on TV!

Kilteus xxxxxxx :blink:

In this week's Heat magazine (no, I don't buy it, but someone at work does - honest :blink: ) there's a competiton to go to the BAFTA's. You have to text in with your nomination for fav film. Sorry can't remember the number - I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm back at work, unless anyone else has it :blink:

wow thanks!

i didnt know it was up for so many BAFTAS!!!

i love ian mckellan but i really do think sean astin deserves to get best supporting actor... :blink:

beaten only by cold mountain. which is nominated 4 13 in my knowledge.

silly mountain, stop beating rotk

I know I haven't been around for a few weeks but I cant seem to find a thread regarding this years BAFTA awards so i thought i'd start one, sorry if there is one floating around and i have missed it.

As most if not all of u may or may not know, the Return of The King has been nominated for 12 BAFTA's this year in the following catagories : -

BEST FILM

THE DAVID LEAN AWARD for achievement in Direction

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

BEST ACTOR in a Supporting role (Ian Mckellan)

THE ANTHONY ASQUITH AWARD for achievement in Film Music

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

BEST EDITING

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

BEST COSTUME DESIGN

BEST SOUND

BEST ACHIEVEMENT IN SPECIAL VISUAL EFFECTS

BEST MAKE UP & HAIR

Also if anyone is Interested : -

On Friday, January 23, the Biography Channel will feature its "Biography Extra: The Lord of the Rings" at 1pm and 7pm . This Bio Channel exclusive examines the films that make up the Trilogy. Cast and crew discuss their involvement, familiarity with author J.R.R. Tolkien, and their approach to their craft. Interviews include director Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood , Sean Astin Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan , Ian McKellen , Viggo Mortensen , and Miranda Otto.

Andy :blink:

Well, I honestly think it deserves to win all 12!!!!! And if it doesn't, I will seek revenge (dya hear tha BAFTA?) - it won't be a pretty sight!

Oh, and thanks for the info on the documentary - will have to tape that! I love the biography channel!!!! There was a really good one on Ian Mckellen (Legend!) last year!

Thanks TV for giving us lots of LOTR treats! lol :blink:

Apparently all the hype and excitement in Hollywood at moment is that rumours are rife that the Academy WILL give PJ his rewards for the film and always planned to but only once the Trilogy had been released.

Cant wait for Feb 29th !!!

Andy :lol:

Oh I certainly hope so that guy deserves it.

I saw Cold Mountain at the weekend and well it was okay, but ROTK much much better.

Does anyone know if it will be on the telly and if so when?????????

The ceremony for BAFTA is Feb 15th if i remember right..but its usually shown on tv a few days later.

Should have said Feb 29th is for the Oscars , sorry !!! :lol: thats usually shown on SKY movie channel or something like that every year.

I was disgusted! Ian probably thinks Sean should get the nom above him too!

I don't know about 'above' him, but he should have got one 'as well as' him. Ian Mckellen's performance is pretty much perfect - can't think of anyone who could have played Gandalf in such an amazing way. He reallly brought the character (probably the most well-loved one!) to life!

But, I do agree - Sean should have been nominated, as should have Bernard Hill (amazing performance!!!) - in fact, the only nominations for the BAFTA's should have been from the LOTR's!

LOL :lol:

In this week's Heat magazine (no, I don't buy it, but someone at work does - honest  :D ) there's a competiton to go to the BAFTA's.  You have to text in with your nomination for fav film.  Sorry can't remember the number - I'll let you know tomorrow when I'm back at work, unless anyone else has it  :D

Right if anyone wants to have go you text HEAT 9 to 86133. As well as entering the competition you're voting for LOTR as film of the year. You win two tickets to the BAFTAs, plus hotel accomodation and a meal out as well as an Orange phone. Btw you have to be over 18, sorry :D:D

Edited by Eogwyn

Right if anyone wants to have go you text HEAT 9 to 86133. As well as entering the competition you're voting for LOTR as film of the year. You win two tickets to the BAFTAs, plus hotel accomodation and a meal out as well as an Orange phone. Btw you have to be over 18, sorry :D:D

What other numbers and films are there?