lots of changes to this years Bad Wolf event

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

lots of changes to this years Bad Wolf event :D

we have been thinking that the UK should have a really big Dr Who event once a year and we are going to build Bad Wolf into this event :dance:

Bad Wolf is going to be a con dedicated to mostly New Who guests and lots of them , there will be at least 10 guests or more at this con and we are working on a lot of first timers and rare guests too .

we also want to try to book some of the main cast members that so far have not attended a con any ware so watch this space as we really want to bring you the big names from New Dr Who

lots of the activities and fun things we have see people enjoy at The Hub we will also be trying out at Bad Wolf and some new things as well , more to come on this soon .

The Hotel have been working with us a lot over the last year and now understand what we want from them , and new we have reduced bar prices , reduced self service food etc and the party's now can go on till very late or early how ever you think of it ;) anyway its all good for us the fans , its great the hotel are working with us and don't forget the amazing pool they have there so do not forget your swimming gear ;)

we have a lot planed for this years event which you will all see on here soon .

we look forward to seeing you there and partying with us and just having a good time

jason :WAVE:

Ooh, that's awesome news and it makes me want to go to this event even more now lol. There's just one thing I didn't quite understand; is this year's Bad Wolf going to be dedicated to the new series of Doctor Who or are you going to be running another event which run alongside Bad Wolf as the main new series event? Thanks in advance for your reply, I know that I'll definitely be asking my college teachers for the Summer exam timetable on Monday so I'll be able to see if I can fit this event into my schedule, here's hoping I'll be able to come. The thought of big name New Who guests like those you get at The Hub from Torchwood (I love The Hub events lol) is very exciting indeed and I can remember suggesting this in the UK conventions idea thread. Thank you for the update and I'm sure that this event is going to be a great success. ;)

Edited by Doctor Who

A New-Who con is something I back whole-heartedly, but this news seems rather at odds with Tenth Planet's own website and their activity on a major Who forum. They have already announced several other (classic series) guests for Bad Wolf. I'm not trying to rock the boat, but a bit more consistency (and clarity) would be appreciated .....

A New-Who con is something I back whole-heartedly, but this news seems rather at odds with Tenth Planet's own website and their activity on a major Who forum. They have already announced several other (classic series) guests for Bad Wolf. I'm not trying to rock the boat, but a bit more consistency (and clarity) would be appreciated .....

That's what's confusing me too, I'm not sure if they mean that they're running another event alongside Bad Wolf like Autographica did with Collectormania or if Bad Wolf will now become the big New Series event. I'm a little confused but it's still great news as we'll be getting by the sounds of it, big guests from the new series. Oh and will Silver tickets now increase in quantity? The 10th Planets website says there'll only be 100 but more people would probably want Silver. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

• Showmasters Admin

we are doing a lot to make this event really stand out and start to talk it to the next level so we will all see were it gos , more on this in the next few days when the new site is up

i have cleaned this thread up as TerraHawk & dufresne you both know better stop it ok

jason

how do events like bad wolf work, are they run by 10th planet and SM help out, the other way round or equal on both sides?

tell ya what, piper, agyman, tate would make me consider, but its a big financial hit with my finances as they are and all the cons im already going to, i think only eccleston, tennant or smith could force my hand.

i await with excitement in the coming days :-)

What did I say?

Tenth Planet have always had a reputation for good quality events - about 10 years worth. Things went perfectly well for most of those 10 years, It's just been more expensive in more recent times.

You had a party last year, most fans didn't seem interested. Is this not true?

You want bigger and better, but as a Doctor Who fan who spends a large part of my income on Dr Who events I'm starting to feel less welcome.

Just voicing an opinion - I was very careful not to break any forum rules, and you are always saying how you appreciate us identifying problems so you can try to improve the events / cons.

I'm not at all impressed at being spoken down to like this - it's very widely accepted in the Who community that TP events have become less and less value for money in the last few years. If something else happens to have happened in the same timeframe, then it's obviously not a coincidence and not the attendee's faults.

The lack of consistency between this forum, the TP website and Derek's post elsewhere is also ridiculous. Are teh classic Who guests announced for Bad Wolf coming now or not ? I have to choose from the complicated and expensive list of tickets based on this information !!

I haven't seen what was deleted / edited so if my comment "started" something, fair enough - oops ! But shooting down an opinion (even a negative one) is just bad PR. Maybe I should dedicate my Dr Who blog to promoting the event for the next three months as recompence :P

what inconsistency ? it does say mostly to new who so i doubt the classic guests are gonna be dumped lol

yes alot of these cons can be very expensive, my time quest ticket with hotel to come can testify to this but what are the contradictions and what is missing? I only got into cons mid 09 so these are only sorta price ranges i know.

i wish SM/10TH/ME would do photo shoot ticket entry packages, they do for autograph entry package tickets, thats why i like collectormanias ect cos i can get in for free or a tenner and just pick and choose the photo shoots i want, with other events i need to fork out more to get in (as they include autographs) and then pay more for pics on top or pay loads for the package that includes everything, which ive done for example with my time quest silver. and will dow with invasion silver

but like I said jason said mostly so that means just more new who than classic not only new who

Since the question was asked...

On one of (if not the major) Dr Who forum Derek has announced 7 guests so far - 3 from the movies, a well respected classic actor, Bruno and two actors who've done both new and old. Here, more recently we've just had Bruno, one of those two (Chris Benjamin) and an additional - Rauri. So that's 8 so far. Rauri's not listed on Tenth Planet's site yet.

The Invasion section on this site doesn't list any of the guests!

Dimensions - on the same weekend as Chevron 7.5!, doesn't even have a section.

Time Quest - two more guests not listed here.

You can delete the post, but you can't deny there is inconsistency. It leads to confusion. Surely no one wants that?

yer ive noticed delays in postings between GB/10TH p site and here with some cons not even mentioned here, but they are different companies, one of my reasons for asking how it works between them all as ME rarely seem to post here and derek even less so, i always have all the sites open and refresh between them all at the same time lol. I do find it odd guests are announced on GB before 10th planets own site but hay, as long as they are announced i dont care.

perhaps the 10 or so guests jason refers to are the new who ones, if thats the case we got plenty to look forward to. though with out one of the new who docs i cant afford to go to bad wolf :-(

Edited by timelord81r

I was all ready to buy my ticket based on Trevor Baxter & Christopher Benjamin, along with the dalek movie actors, but if they have been dropped from the line-up then I'll not bother. It's no longer worth my while, and to change a line-up that many were already excited about seems like a poor decision and is like a slap in the face to the fans who were looking forward to the con the way it was.

I was all ready to buy my ticket based on Trevor Baxter & Christopher Benjamin, along with the dalek movie actors, but if they have been dropped from the line-up then I'll not bother. It's no longer worth my while, and to change a line-up that many were already excited about seems like a poor decision and is like a slap in the face to the fans who were looking forward to the con the way it was.

What is happening about the dinner that was planned? Some of us have already paid for it and its not mentioned on the new website.

• Showmasters Admin

What is happening about the dinner that was planned? Some of us have already paid for it and its not mentioned on the new website.

Hi there,

The dinner is still going ahead as it was before so not to worry! :thumbup:

There is a price for it on the front page of the site but we haven't built a page specifically about it yet. That will come in the next few days.

Mark :D

Hi there,

The dinner is still going ahead as it was before so not to worry! :thumbup:

There is a price for it on the front page of the site but we haven't built a page specifically about it yet. That will come in the next few days.

Mark :D

What's the thinking behind dropping rare classic Who guests after they had been announced? Are you even aware how well liked Trevor Baxter & Christopher Benjamin are in the Who fanbase?

I too was planning on going to this but am not going to bother now. Christopher Benjamin and Trevor Baxter are two people i've wanted to meet most of my life, and think it's ridiculous that now one is still going and the other one has been dropped. Surely the fact you are offering a refund because of this tells you that you will be losing customers?!

Dropping Trevor Baxter is unfortunate - him and Christopher Benjamin have a series of CDs being released shortly before the event, I would of had a lot to be signed by both

Put it this way, the event is now going to be a lot cheaper for me.

im looking at how work is currently around these dates and i recon id be off, so get either one or all of eccleston/tennant/smith/ and ill be there. get all or either piper/agyeman/tate and ill think about it. otherwise travel to and from london and hotel for bad wolf amounts to a far to expensive con for me im afraid.

It doesn't seem like a good date to be honest, not with all of the exams around that time. My guess is that a lot of New Who fans will be teenagers and June is the month of GCSEs and A Level exams so a lot of possible attendees won't be allowed to the event by their parents etc. I've still got to to check my exam timetable, my form teacher hasn't been in since last Monday but hopefully she'll be in tomorrow so that I can ask her. Personally, I think that Bad Wolf would be better in July. :poki:

Edited by Doctor Who