Newbie Seeking Advice

RainbowMirror

Hello To The World Of Collectormania Glasgow!

I am a complete newbie to the world of cons and events like collectormania. Due to the fact that I'm considering coming along to the Collectormania Glasgow in August, I feel that I should get a bit more information about the event, and what to expect and what the rough etiquette of the event. This way, if I do end up coming along in August, I'll actually be able to have fun and not spend my time feeling like a deer in the headlights.

So, I turn to you, fine attendees and fans of Collectormania, to ask if anyone has any advice that they would be willing to impart to me?

Anything you feel able and or willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

Hi,

My advice would be to just come along and have fun!

The atmosphere at Glasgow is amazing. All the people are extremely friendly and the organisors and crew are very helpful, so if you find that there is something that your not sure of, just ask!

Its absolutely brilliant and you will have a great time!

Ann

xx

Edited by anniekins

Thank you to one and all of you for your advice.

The overwhelming opinion seems to be - Just come along and have fun. So I think I can happily manage that.

As for the warnings against certain people dressed as certain things, consider them all taken under advisement.

If anyone has anything else they want to add, I'm happy to hear it.

Thank you to one and all of you for your advice.

The overwhelming opinion seems to be - Just come along and have fun. So I think I can happily manage that.

As for the warnings against certain people dressed as certain things, consider them all taken under advisement.

If anyone has anything else they want to add, I'm happy to hear it.

Hello and welcome to the Glasgow forums. As everyone has said Collectormania Glasgow tends to be more relaxed than other Showmasters events. Everyone is friendly to talk to & the Crew will always be there to help you if you have any questions on the day.

If you dont know what to expect have a look through the old photos from the past Glasgow events found here:

Glasgow Aug 2008

Glasgow Dec 2008

Glasgow Aug 2009

For all the FAQ you can find HERE.

Hope that gives you an idea of what to expect. Am sure you will enjoy yourself at the event and see you there no doubt

Andrew :thumbup:

I'll echo the "Say hi!" from everyone else :)

I'm hopeful that Jason will organise for us and the Cosplay people to be in the foyer again, so I can display my prop collection, and the Cosplay folks can persuade as many people as possible that show up in costume to ebter the masquerade competition!

Can't think of any reason we won't be out there, as it's not really a place you could put a dealer table - And I have some nifty ideas if we do get the same spot :poki:

Anyway, if you spot us, come say hi! We won't bite ( Although if we have a bug with us it might drool a little... )