100 Quotes every geek should know

sazzra

Is it bad that I use a few of those quotes on an almost daily basis?! :D

Very funny :D Thanks for posting!

it shows the power of film/TV has over us when statement, quips, oneliners or even one word from tv/film is used in the normal context of our every day life.

i bet not a day goes by when i do not use one of these or any other quote :D

“Yeah, well. The Dude abides.â€

the dude :thumbup:

I nicked it from the Cake Wrecks blog and, as Jen rightly points out, the comments are just as valid/interesting as the list. It is tragic that they're all quoted all the time, I guess the geek is truly inheriting the earth :firedevil:

PS - check out Cake Wrecks for occasional geek related cakes and daily abominations that will have you chuckling whilst planning a trip to Greggs ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I did enjoy this but I must confess I havent seen 50% of the films/programmes,

perhaps I could be like Spock and be half geek, half human?

I was also disappointed that famous blade Runner soliloquy was abbreviated to "Time to die"

Should have read........and I am going to quote,

Batty: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die.

(A majestic conclusion to a magnificent movie.)

I was getting major Roy Batty vibes from the last episode of Doctor Who, when all of the stuff that the Time War unleashed was being reeled off.

That soliloquy was amazing - And all the more mysterious for the lack of explanation.

Tannhauser Gate, especially, stuck with me as something majestic... Maybe like a warp/jump gate in space, being fought over by replicants in mech-type suits.

( It's not too visible in any version, but Rutger Hauer actually had temporary tattoos inked all over his torso as Batty - A sort of circuit design, the idea being that there were various connection points built into his body so he could wear mechanised battle armour. Awesome concept, that! )