Frames for autographs

Timelord

I picked up a really nice frame for a fiver at collectormania, a black one with a mount (is that what they are called, the card inside the frame which acts like a border around the photo?) which was also black for 8x10 photos. Ive looked online to get somemore but cant find any, anyone know good websites?

I picked up a really nice frame for a fiver at collectormania, a black one with a mount (is that what they are called, the card inside the frame which acts like a border around the photo?) which was also black for 8x10 photos. Ive looked online to get somemore but cant find any, anyone know good websites?

Mick has some if you contact him via MSPG website. I think he was selling them at the show.

• Showmasters Admin

im having real problems finding cheapish 6x9 size frames for the photoshoot pics, also Im looking for something that i can put multiple pics in and hang it. but frames i cant even find the correct size,

What I've done before is bought a standard 10x12 frame and had a mount made with 2 cut outs 5.5"x8.9". So I have 2 pictures in one frame with about a 0.5" boarder around the edge and a bit smaller between the 2 pictures. Is fine as long as the top of your head isn't tooo close to the top of the picture.

Edited by Too Tall

• 3 months later...

im having real problems finding cheapish 6x9 size frames for the photoshoot pics, also Im looking for something that i can put multiple pics in and hang it. but frames i cant even find the correct size,

What I've done before is bought a standard 10x12 frame and had a mount made with 2 cut outs 5.5"x8.9". So I have 2 pictures in one frame with about a 0.5" boarder around the edge and a bit smaller between the 2 pictures. Is fine as long as the top of your head isn't tooo close to the top of the picture.

cheers tootall

any ideas for a protective album for photo shoot pics? the one i use at cons is a larger one for autograph size and bigger, but a proper display album for the photoshoot pics, anyone know of a decent priced one that fits the photoshoot size or close to it?

Are you looking for a real photo album? I use a folder with protective sleeves. There are special collectors sleeves in Germany for those collecting writing pad paper (don't ask :lol:). The sleeves are quite sturdy and very close to the photo shoot photos size.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 4 months later...

Are you looking for a real photo album? I use a folder with protective sleeves. There are special collectors sleeves in Germany for those collecting writing pad paper (don't ask ;)). The sleeves are quite sturdy and very close to the photo shoot photos size.

anything that will hold the photos in one place, the one i have is for a4 size

• 10 months later...

Id like to frame my alex kingston and bret hart autos, I hear all these discussions about acid ect for folders, is there anything I need to look out for with frames? both for autos and photos?

what are the best frames to buy for 10x8's and 9x6's?

many thanks

R

Id like to frame my alex kingston and bret hart autos, I hear all these discussions about acid ect for folders, is there anything I need to look out for with frames? both for autos and photos?
I don't have anything framed so can't really help. My only suggestion is don't hang anything in direct sunlight.

The american lady that does the plaque things do them for the photo shoot photos too, so I guess you can just buy the sleaves from her too.

I saw a stand at CM, about black frames they made up there, but didnt pay much attention, do they have a website?

The american lady that does the plaque things do them for the photo shoot photos too, so I guess you can just buy the sleaves from her too.

I saw a stand at CM, about black frames they made up there, but didnt pay much attention, do they have a website?

If we're talking about the lady that does the plaques with the celebrities names on them, I'd DIE to know as well! I desperately need more frames from her and don't want to get them only when I attend a Showmasters event (there's a limit to how much my bag can weigh on the plane, so I can't get a bunch at a time.)

Plastic wallet wise, I imagine you should look for the same things you look for for comic bags if you are worried about degradation. I use Ultra-Pro bags and boards for my comics, as they are acid-free and no PVC, with a quick search I found a 6 x 9 toploader on their website, so they might sell more stuff you could put in a file, I know they do manufacture plastic wallets for ringbinders :Dhttp://us.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=411

Nope not the frame people. She is the american lady that has a clever printer thingy that makes the goldy name plates that then gets put on marbley plaques.

If we're talking about the lady that does the plaques with the celebrities names on them, I'd DIE to know as well! I desperately need more frames from her and don't want to get them only when I attend a Showmasters event (there's a limit to how much my bag can weigh on the plane, so I can't get a bunch at a time.)

She is based in the states so postage my be heafty. Check your care instuctions, i think her email is on there.

She is based in the states so postage my be heafty. Check your care instuctions, i think her email is on there.

It's not on the one I got from her in 2009. I don't still have the one from last year, so my luck is out :P

Anyone else have it?

It's not on the one I got from her in 2009. I don't still have the one from last year, so my luck is out :whistling:

Anyone else have it?

She will be at LFCC no doubt. Whats ya email, and ill see if i can find out her details for you.