Talk Ticket numbers? What do they mean?

TorchwoodDoctor

On each talk ticket (like the torchwood ones for example) there's a different number yes?

Well do they refer to the seats we have to sit in?

My two friends and I have different ticket numbers- 18, 38 and 100, and we really don't want to have to sit apart :S

Can anyone explain to me about these? I've never been to a talk before so I don't know how it works :s

Thanks

Jess x

Yes they represent the seats you have to sit in, so I guess you won't be able to sit with your friends...

Oooo bugger...

Thank you for your swift answer by the way :) Much appreciated.

I'm now going to break the bad news to my friends hahaha!

Edited by Torch

Yeah, the numbers on tickets for paid talks are seat numbers.

The tickets for free talks, which are available on the day, will probably have numbers on too, but they don't mean anything: you can sit where you like for those. So you should only be separated from your friends for the paid talks. (I say all this from the examples of past events - I'm assuming it'll all be the same this weekend.)

I'm really sorry for you! The best way is to book together for talks, so that you have close seats, but really don't worry, you're gonna have so much fun anyway! I mean, I'm always going on my own for the 'paid for talks' and you don't have time to chat with your neighbours anyway so really, I don't think you'll even notice...

Yeah, the numbers on tickets for paid talks are seat numbers.

The tickets for free talks, which are available on the day, will probably have numbers on too, but they don't mean anything: you can sit where you like for those. So you should only be separated from your friends for the paid talks. (I say all this from the examples of past events - I'm assuming it'll all be the same this weekend.)

Ah well, I suppose I can count myself lucky in a horribly selfish way *shudders* that I'm number 18 and not 100 like my friend Ashton... boy i'm going to have fun teasing them- finally something to get back at them for their teasing haha! But it's ok, we all love each other really xD

I'm really sorry for you! The best way is to book together for talks, so that you have close seats, but really don't worry, you're gonna have so much fun anyway! I mean, I'm always going on my own for the 'paid for talks' and you don't have time to chat with your neighbours anyway so really, I don't think you'll even notice...

Haha true, but it's nice having somebody to elbow and giggle with xD

I think I'll be busy trying to take as many photos as possible as i'm told we're allowed to? I never use flash so would that mean that I'd be able to take photos throughout the talk if I keep my camera out of people's ways instead of just at the first 5 mins or so?

Yeah you can take as many pics as you want to, all the more if it is without any flash! (Flash photos are allowed for the first few minutes and after that you can take as many unflashed photos as you want to... And it can really mean a lot of photos when talks are 45 min long!!) And with this seat number, your photos will be just great =)

Yeah you can take as many pics as you want to, all the more if it is without any flash! (Flash photos are allowed for the first few minutes and after that you can take as many unflashed photos as you want to... And it can really mean a lot of photos when talks are 45 min long!!) And with this seat number, your photos will be just great =)

*Grins excitedly* Eeeeee! I think the photography course that I took and passed might actually pay off!

Hehehe! :jason:

I've only ever seen JB in the flesh at his concert in may in Bournemouth (which was AMAZING), so to be so close to him in a photoshoot and in a talk... god I think I might faint? I'll have somebody holding me up in the photoshoot! haha! Same goes for GDL and Kai Owen! I met Eve myles at comic con after a 4 hour wait and came away shaking with joy haha!

Are we allowed to video little bits of the talk? Or is that a definate no-no?

If the talk ticket seat numbers at Scott Bakula's talk at LFCC are anything to go by, they mean absolutely nothing...

I had a ticket number in the first 6 rows but ended up halfway back the room because people refused to move & none of the stewards attempted to move them. :smile:

Instead we were told to just 'find a seat & use it'... I hope this event is better organised...

What is the point in putting seat numbers on the tickets if they aren't going to enforce that people sit in the actual seats they have been allocated? :P

If the talk ticket seat numbers at Scott Bakula's talk at LFCC are anything to go by, they mean absolutely nothing...

I had a ticket number in the first 6 rows but ended up halfway back the room because people refused to move & none of the stewards attempted to move them. :smile:

Instead we were told to just 'find a seat & use it'... I hope this event is better organised...

What is the point in putting seat numbers on the tickets if they aren't going to enforce that people sit in the actual seats they have been allocated? :P

Ooerr now that's not fair is it? if that happens to me, I will complain :) I plan to get to the talk early anyway, so hopefully i'll be ok.

The ticket numbers do mean something. It's normally enforced that everyone is in the right seat.

The Scott Bakula talk was a one time exception. Things were running extremely late, so the decision was made to get the attendees seated as soon as possible. Unfortunately that meant some fans did not end up in the right seats. My friend was one of them too.

But I do remember that TooTall was on stage and asked if everyone was in about the seat they were supposed to be in. If you had talked to him then he may have been able to do something for you if your seat was really that far off.

The ticket numbers do mean something. It's normally enforced that everyone is in the right seat.

The Scott Bakula talk was a one time exception. Things were running extremely late, so the decision was made to get the attendees seated as soon as possible. Unfortunately that meant some fans did not end up in the right seats. My friend was one of them too.

But I do remember that TooTall was on stage and asked if everyone was in about the seat they were supposed to be in. If you had talked to him then he may have been able to do something for you if your seat was really that far off.

Ah this is reassuring :) thank you, *hopes that it will be ok on the day* :smile:

Yeah, I hope it'll be okay too. It only takes one person to either not understand that the seating is allocated or think that the rules don't apply to them and things start to fall apart. If there's someone sitting in your seat, you have to take someone else's seat, and on it goes. I hope that, for Collectormania, everything is clear, with signs and verbal instructions, and that the crew can sort out any problems.

Ah... I've just seen Too Tall's post. Good stuff.

Yeah, I hope it'll be okay too. It only takes one person to either not understand that the seating is allocated or think that the rules don't apply to them and things start to fall apart. If there's someone sitting in your seat, you have to take someone else's seat, and on it goes. I hope that, for Collectormania, everything is clear, with signs and verbal instructions, and that the crew can sort out any problems.

Ah... I've just seen Too Tall's post. Good stuff.

I agree :) Thank you all.

Reading that made me worry a bit. But glad to hear that the seat number rule will be enforced.

• Showmasters Admin

I had a ticket number in the first 6 rows but ended up halfway back the room because people refused to move & none of the stewards attempted to move them. :(

What is the point in putting seat numbers on the tickets if they aren't going to enforce that people sit in the actual seats they have been allocated? :(

Reading that made me worry a bit. But glad to hear that the seat number rule will be enforced.

It'll be fine, as DB said they were some issues last time and as we'd had Scott sat outside waiting for 10 minute we just needed to get everyone in and seated. And this meant some people didn't get the seats they should. It was a mistake and we're aware of it and have simplified things for this event.