Party Themes

du_berg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and 3 of my hub buddies dressed in our PJs on the Friday night if anyone saw us... :thumbup: lol

I think showmasters should actually properly look at the party thread this time, and pick the most popular, not just completely random unmentioned ones. The parties were great, i must admit, especially the Rodeo and Bungee run, but I think they should pick better themes this time (please don't take this the wrong way, think of it as constructive critisism)

Well to be honest, as we have seen at the last two Hubs, they try and pick ideas that link to torchwood.

So, if you do want them to pick ideas fro here, pick ones that can be linked (even barely lol) to Torchwood.

So time-travel is ok, because of Jack and his life. Twisted Fairy tales is barley linked, but they did have a fairy episode lol

So yeah, try and keep them to TW-related ideas and you'll have more chance of ME picking them.

Hmm, theme ideas...

- Just landed on an alien planet? Who knows what that might turn up xD

- Outfit from the TARDIS wardrobe? :D

- Space Pirates?

NA NA NA NA NA

SPACE PIRATES!

Outfits from the TARDIS wardrobe is an awesome one, i think it would be better suited at a DW con though as its not really torchwood.

A LOT of people did the hen/stag night theme so maybe something as open as that that everyone can go nuts with! There is only one problem though:

The problem i was having at H3 was that because the theme was so unspecific i kept getting changed during the party on the friday, Sunday was also very unspecific and i ended up leaving because the party was so dead, surely theres a way we can liven up the Sunday parties?

ive just rambled about nothing there havent i, but yeah something fun and something we can easily make specific evn if the idea is generally quite open. ((if that makes sense?))

---------------

EDIT:

Okay so most of that was either pointless or didnt make any sense at all.

Lets try again:

Id like something like Your favourite villians (dress as your fave DW villian or make one up?)

okay ill probably like at least one of the announced ones, im not that picky anymore.

Edited by Harriettaa

Parties are my fav bit

(if anyone noticed the psycho on the dance floor all weekend that was probably me)

so as long as the theme is something people actually want then I'll be fine with it. As long as there's some good cheesetastic music.

Parties are my fav bit

(if anyone noticed the psycho on the dance floor all weekend that was probably me)

so as long as the theme is something people actually want then I'll be fine with it. As long as there's some good cheesetastic music.

I loved that DJ, is it the same one from the last hubs?

I hope we get him again as he seemed to know exactly what we wanted to hear, except the miley cyrus incident that is.

I loved that DJ, is it the same one from the last hubs?

I hope we get him again as he seemed to know exactly what we wanted to hear, except the miley cyrus incident that is.

Yeap. Well can't say for hub 1 but was from Hub 3. Am hoping for him again.

Pretty certain its the same guy and I'm pretty certain at Hub 1/2 Gareth told him his music was crap and started singing. I completely agree with Gareth.

Well you don't have to attend the parties. Or dance to every single song.

Pretty certain its the same guy and I'm pretty certain at Hub 1/2 Gareth told him his music was crap and started singing. I completely agree with Gareth.

I totally disagree, it is exactly the kind of music you should expect to hear at a cheesy party.

I do agree in the sense that that music should never be played outside of a cheesy party. But for the Hub Parties its perfect to just dance and mess around to!

I dont agree that it was bad, because I danced my share, but it got pretty repetative. But thats been covered already.

I dont think the theme on sunday was the reason it was dead. A lot of people went home before the party on sunday and so left about 50/40% of the attendees. Plus then within that percentage some people where tired from the weekend or wanted to have a chill out instead of another party.

The only way to liven sunday up really is to 1) stop people leaving lol or 2) give everyone tons of sugar.

And it was nice to see people really get into friday's theme after all the moaning and dislike of it on the forum. Once again proving to me that even though at the time people complain, they still end up making a good effort and having a good time.

Which really should be a pointer as to how to react to the themes when they are announced lol

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Whilst I wasn't there on Sun, having seen from Twitter, Fezbook and lj, a lot of people came down with bad cases of lois habiba on Sunday (I did, resulted in me having my first sick day in 3 yrs). That could have been why the Sun party was a smidge flat!

With regards to the themes, I did what I normally do and made outfits up that I wanted, and that loosly fitted the theme. If I had been going with a huge gang of people, I would have done what I used to do in the past, and made up a theme that we all fitted in with.

I like the Twisted Faery Tales theme, you could also have a Torchwood 3 1899 opening party, chance for everyone to get a little Steampunky!

• Moderators

you could also have a Torchwood 3 1899 opening party, chance for everyone to get a little Steampunky!

They sort of did this at Hub2 already ('Turn of the Century Torchwood' was the Friday theme) so unlikely to be repeated (pretty sure they've said at one point they don't want to repeat).

I'm still liking the Twisted Fairytale thing...

And I dunno, considering everything... some sort of post-near-apocalyptic theme? (No, I don't quite know what this would involve yet costume-wise, but I'm sure there are all sorts of places it could go)

you could also have a Torchwood 3 1899 opening party, chance for everyone to get a little Steampunky!

They sort of did this at Hub2 already ('Turn of the Century Torchwood' was the Friday theme) so unlikely to be repeated (pretty sure they've said at one point they don't want to repeat).

I'm still liking the Twisted Fairytale thing...

And I dunno, considering everything... some sort of post-near-apocalyptic theme? (No, I don't quite know what this would involve yet costume-wise, but I'm sure there are all sorts of places it could go)

Ooooh Post-apocalyptic!!!!! Cyber!!!! *remembers that I so do not have the figure for cyber* Hummmmmm

Still liking the Twisted Fairytales (and not just cos I have a Wicked Queen dress)

Well you don't have to attend the parties. Or dance to every single song.

I didn't go to the Parties much spent my time, stalking Clarky ;)

Seeing as I'm too lazy to put any kind of costume together I'm not too bothered about what the themes are.

But free candyfloss at the Hub2 was nice...maybe a French Vineyard theme this time? :P