few questions ...

maarjaz

Hi all

as i'm totally newbie in the con stuff so i have few questions

Is the con a 3 day event? i mean will i miss much if i can't go on Friday? well at least not before 7-8pm on Friday...

Is Sunday a full day event?

For me there's no straight flights to Birmingham and i was thinking of flying to London and taking a train/couch from there. As the event is pretty close to the christmas/my birthday/new year i have to think about the money ... so that means finding cheap flights and staying in the hotel as few nights as possible or then find a roomie for the hotel ... or park my sleeping box right next jazz5490's :P

thanks!

m.

• Moderators

Unless you're on a gold ticket, you won't really miss anything much by not getting there until 7-8pm on the Friday (Gold ticket holders have a drinks reception on the Friday that is normally from about 7.30 or so IIRC). If you don't get there until the Saturday morning you would also miss the Friday night party.

On Sunday 'main' events usually finish around the 6-6.30 mark, with just the final evening party remaining after that, which is usually quieter as people are exhausted from the weekend!

Edited by etmuse

Assuming it follows the same basic schedule from previous Chevron 7 conventions it'll be a 3 day event. However, all there is on the Friday is an opening ceremony (where the guests come on stage for about 5 minutes and say hi), a themed party and a cocktail party (gold ticket holders only).

I no longer bother with the Friday night as it means I can save money by not booking a hotel for that night. However, I buy standard tickets so can't attend the cocktail party, and I'm not interested in the parties which you might be. Also it might be harder for you to get here early Saturday morning if you're flying in, I don't know.

If you're not planning on buying a gold ticket, and aren't interested in the parties (or don't feel that paying £70+ for the hotel is worth attending the Friday night party), and can get to the venue early Saturday morning then there's no reason you need to be there on Friday night.

By early Saturday morning (getting to the venue) I mean about 9am when it starts. At Chevron 7.3 I got there at around 10am and I got through everything fine, and that was with less signing time than other events if I remember correctly, although there were only 4 guests.

Thanks you all for the information

There's no way i can fly in on Saturday and make it there in time so i guess i just have to stay at the hotel on Friday.

NO i'm not going Gold ... thought of going with Silver. So no cocktail party for me on Friday.

So i guess on Friday I should be there on time for the evening party :D

For my first con I'd like to take part in everything i can :D

So my plan so far - silver ticket, Skipping work on Friday (just half day :D ) flying to London, getting a train/coach to Birmingham, con time until sunday night, train/coach back to London on Sunday night, flight home and straight to work on Monday.

Hi there!

We (a family consisting of four people) are really looking forward to the con! We have been to lots of conventions so far, including LFCC and Collectormania, but this will be our first Chevron con. You can imagine that we have some questions.

First of all we would like to know whether there are any contests at a Chevron con, like video or costume contest, as it is the case at other conventions.

And then we have a more or less…weird…question

My mom and my dad have booked the Standard Tickets, because they are not very keen on being caught on photo, no matter who joins them on the photo :D

My sister and I have booked the Silver Tickets. The only problem is that we will be separated at the autograph session (as far as I've heard from previous Chevron cons). Is it possible to take part at standards’ autograph session with a Silver Ticket? Or is it at least possible to (after one of us got the autograph at silvers’ autograph session) join for interpreting?

So perhaps someone can give me some answers.

Thanks,

RodneysGirl

• Moderators

Hi there!

We (a family consisting of four people) are really looking forward to the con! We have been to lots of conventions so far, including LFCC and Collectormania, but this will be our first Chevron con. You can imagine that we have some questions.

First of all we would like to know whether there are any contests at a Chevron con, like video or costume contest, as it is the case at other conventions.

And then we have a more or less…weird…question

My mom and my dad have booked the Standard Tickets, because they are not very keen on being caught on photo, no matter who joins them on the photo :D

My sister and I have booked the Silver Tickets. The only problem is that we will be separated at the autograph session (as far as I've heard from previous Chevron cons). Is it possible to take part at standards’ autograph session with a Silver Ticket? Or is it at least possible to (after one of us got the autograph at silvers’ autograph session) join for interpreting?

So perhaps someone can give me some answers.

Thanks,

RodneysGirl

You can join an autograph queue at ANY point after your group has been called, so you can wait and all go together for the autographs if you have/want to.

• Showmasters Admin

Everyone is put in to groups based on their ticket number. You and your parents will be in different groups. If you come and see me at the event I will move you so that you are in the same group. This will make the weekend easier for you all.

• 4 weeks later...

Two quick questions, if someone could help me :D

Very unexpectedly, it looks like I'm going to need another gold ticket. I purchased mine as soon as they went on sale and therefore I'm assuming I have a low number. If I purchase a gold ticket in the next couple of days, I was curious how far apart we would be. No actual numbers, just a ball park figure if possible.

Unfortunately we will be leaving on Sunday afternoon and will miss the afternoon talks. If I remember correctly from Chevron 7.2, the photo ops were done on Saturday and all of the autograph sessions were finished around noon on Sunday. As a general rule, is this the typical schedule?

Thanks for any info you can share and a huge Thank You to ME/Showmasters for the incredible line-up :D

• Moderators

No one will give out sales figures, however if you're worried about being in different groups, you can ask Too Tall once you get to the event itself and he should be able to sort something out for you.

And yes, that is generally how the convention schedules go, so I think it's fair to expect something similar unless they have a drastic change.

I can't give you any idea on the numbers I'm afraid - but if you and a friend/family member need to be put in the same autograph/photo group just find TooTall at the event and he'll help you out there.

Photo Ops are done Saturday and Sunday morning and autographs finish around lunch time/early afternoon Sunday, this is correct. Of course there may be an extra session adde din somewhere if someone is signing really slow, so this is not a guarantee.

EDIT: I hate it when David is typing faster than me. :WINCE:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

No one will give out sales figures, however if you're worried about being in different groups, you can ask Too Tall once you get to the event itself and he should be able to sort something out for you.

And yes, that is generally how the convention schedules go, so I think it's fair to expect something similar unless they have a drastic change.

I can't give you any idea on the numbers I'm afraid - but if you and a friend/family member need to be put in the same autograph/photo group just find TooTall at the event and he'll help you out there.

Photo Ops are done Saturday and Sunday morning and autographs finish around lunch time/early afternoon Sunday, this is correct. Of course there may be an extra session adde din somewhere if someone is signing really slow, so this is not a guarantee.

EDIT: I hate it when David is typing faster than me. :WINCE:

Thanks to both of you for the info! I'll speak to Too Tall re the photos and autographs. As far as seating, my son is tall and I am short so I'm sitting closer to the front and he can sit behind me :P;) .

Two quick questions, if someone could help me :D

Very unexpectedly, it looks like I'm going to need another gold ticket. I purchased mine as soon as they went on sale and therefore I'm assuming I have a low number. If I purchase a gold ticket in the next couple of days, I was curious how far apart we would be. No actual numbers, just a ball park figure if possible.

Unfortunately we will be leaving on Sunday afternoon and will miss the afternoon talks. If I remember correctly from Chevron 7.2, the photo ops were done on Saturday and all of the autograph sessions were finished around noon on Sunday. As a general rule, is this the typical schedule?

Thanks for any info you can share and a huge Thank You to ME/Showmasters for the incredible line-up :P

Hi Lisinit!! Hope you get the tickets sorted and looking forward to seeing you.