Arwen

theoden_of_rohan

Ok, I was having a bit of a...disagreement...with my parents tonight. I said that I thought Arwen finally died in Lorien, but they thought she died somewhere else.

Can't remember how it came up, but there you go.

Are any of us right, or completely insane?

Cheers :)

P.S. Probably says it in the book, but my sister is borrowing that. She-devil! lol

'But Arwen went forth from the House, and the light of her eyes was quenched, and it seemed to her people that she had become cold and grey as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Then she said farwell to Eldarion, and to her daughters, and to all whom she had loved: and she went forth from the city of Minas Tirith and passed away to the land of Lorien, and dwelt there alone under the fading trees until winter came. Galadriel had passed away and Celeborn also was gone, and the land was silent.

'There at last when the mallorn-leaves were falling, but spring had not yet come, she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.

Edited by wyrdsister

i know! he wrote brilliantly, and they dont teach you to write like that.

im reading rotk again but this time stopping and writing down any quotes that i love (which is quite a lot) and he does do very long sentences, but hey work! i love the description of minas tirith as pippin first sees it. pj's taken some of the best bits out of it and gave it to boromir in fotr, but its a really long sentence but i love it!

And this is why LOTR deserved to be nominated as Britain's favourite read! :rolleyes:

*happy dancing*

what did win that thing about the britains best read on bbc in the end? did they have a special programme about lotr? cos if so i missed it. :rolleyes:

And this is why LOTR deserved to be nominated as Britain's favourite read!  :rolleyes:

*happy dancing*

what did win that thing about the britains best read on bbc in the end? did they have a special programme about lotr? cos if so i missed it. :rolleyes:

Yes, Lord of the Rings won - the programme was on just before Christmas, can't remember the date, I think it was a Saturday :rolleyes: