Room Parties?

ladymadonnasky

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on these boards for a while now. My sister and I are coming all the way from the US for this convention and we're super exicited. I have never been to a convention in the UK and you'd be surprised how different they they seem from American conventions.

Anyhow, at US conventions there are always alot of late night (and not so late night) room parties. Is this something they do over there? I'm totally down for people coming to my room for a party any night! My sister has a computer and I'm planning on bringing Firefly and DR. HORRIBLE! - we can also watch recent eps of Dollhouse on Hulu with wireless.

Also, people usually bring their instruments and jam. Did someone say, SINGALONG? Oh, maybe that was me...

Anyhow... if this is something your interested in, leave a message!

Dee :wub:

It's not something that tends to happen too much at these conventions mainly due to the fact that people want to get some sleep and look their best for the photographs etc which normally start around 9am.

As there is a main party which runs until the early hours, most people who want to party stay there and those who want to relax and sleep, head to their rooms :wub:

actually the thistle hotel is well known for room parties, i have been to a lot of cons here and at other organisers events there are always room parties. the main party ends about 2 when people spill out into the main bar area or a room party. I have seen at other conventions people still up when the sun comes up here and go to photos in their clothes from the night before! Even at the other SM event last week there was a lot of us still in the bar at 4am.

We are having a room party for friends too but in the break in the evening before the party as most people will want to attend these and dress up. We are decorating our room as well with halloween decs. so go for it if you want to might have to leave the instruments out though just in case you have not so tolerant neighbours.

B)

Edited by buffy2k

It's not something that tends to happen too much at these conventions mainly due to the fact that people want to get some sleep and look their best for the photographs etc which normally start around 9am.

As there is a main party which runs until the early hours, most people who want to party stay there and those who want to relax and sleep, head to their rooms B)

sooo not true... just gotta partA with the right ppl... there's always room parties goin on, some till the next morning with no sleep etc however ppl tend to drink dance etc and not jam or watch dvds but do whateva the hell u want ;)

As there is a main party which runs until the early hours, most people who want to party stay there and those who want to relax and sleep, head to their rooms B)

sooo not true... just gotta partA with the right ppl... there's always room parties goin on, some till the next morning with no sleep etc however ppl tend to drink dance etc and not jam or watch dvds but do whateva the hell u want :blink:

Well, I'm just going by what happened at another convention at The Park Inn. A room party attempted to get started and was quickly toned down by the management as they pointed out that there are people who have paid to sleep in their rooms and not party ;)

I have heard of parties in rooms going on. But they were only attended by people who were invited... which I can understand! I wouldnt want some stranger wondering around my room! :D

Maybe they were all orgies...?

What? Its possible!?? :D

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on these boards for a while now. My sister and I are coming all the way from the US for this convention and we're super exicited. I have never been to a convention in the UK and you'd be surprised how different they they seem from American conventions.

Anyhow, at US conventions there are always alot of late night (and not so late night) room parties. Is this something they do over there? I'm totally down for people coming to my room for a party any night! My sister has a computer and I'm planning on bringing Firefly and DR. HORRIBLE! - we can also watch recent eps of Dollhouse on Hulu with wireless.

Also, people usually bring their instruments and jam. Did someone say, SINGALONG? Oh, maybe that was me...

Dee :P

Hey, ignore whoever said it doesn't happen, it's happening this time! I was thinking of bringing a guitar for a bit of a singalong, and, as far as I'm concerned, my room is going to be a constant party area.

So yes, this time, parties happen!

Hi Everyone!

Dee :P

Hey, ignore whoever said it doesn't happen, it's happening this time! I was thinking of bringing a guitar for a bit of a singalong, and, as far as I'm concerned, my room is going to be a constant party area.

So yes, this time, parties happen!

I bet! :P

I have heard of parties in rooms going on. But they were only attended by people who were invited... which I can understand! I wouldnt want some stranger wondering around my room! :D

Maybe they were all orgies...?

What? Its possible!?? :huh:

LOL not orgies, friends of friends drop by and people you will meet there will come too. Or they will simply ask. Non of us bite....much !

PMSL

In the past my roomies and me have gone back to get some booze or snax and been followed in by friends, one time i turned up at room 5 minuets later and found it full of friends lol

But tend to do the 'room party' things early eve as getting ready to party

If we hear a guitar playing we might well gate crash lol

From experience the disco doesnt warm up till later anyway, but in the past not really gone in to hall much to dance but this time i plan to as been a long time since been able to as had Engagement party and bday party but never did much dancing lol

See u all there

Having been to both cons in the U.S and UK I think you will find them very different. While I'm sure there are room parties most people tend to party in the hall or bar area.

Personally my room is for sleeping and getting changed and that's it. The rooms aren't exactly big to fit loads of people in them!

Not to be a party pooper but if you are gonna have room parties way into the small hours please be considerate of those people who actually want to sleep. It won't be just con folks at the hotel. There are plenty of public places around the hotel where you can make lots of noise :)

And I don't wanna disappoint, but you won't get Hulu over here, we're not that advanced!!

Edited by Cider

Some of the best cons I've been too always have some WICKED room parties, drink is flowing, music in the background, lots of chatting.

CAN'T WAIT!!

And that just the parties in ur room lol

We have been to some great cons tho

Hehehe Yeah true!!

Yep we have, lets hope this one brings back the good old memories of '03 '04

Loonies on Tour are back!! :D