Screaming and Flash Photography and other stuff

hobbitfanatic

Hi Guys

I'm asking a huge favour here to make mine and a lot of peoples ET the best.

Please try and keep the screaming down there is no need to scream fair enought clap cheer etc but screaming it gets a little much after a while.

My friends son was there last time and the screaming was that bad he had to speed most of the time with his fingers in his ears.

Also flash photography people are always told only first 5 mins but at ET people did not listen to this yes I know Peter said ok in one of his talks but I'm talking about the other times.

Before the talks people we're turning they cameras around and taking pictures of the crowd behind them and yes those flashes do really hurt your eyes.

A friend of mine who had a gold ticket had to leave a talk because of it.

If possiable please can you switch those silly click click off the cameras as well as it offer means people can not hear the talk for those noises on cameras.

I'm not trying to be mean to others I just want people to understand how their actions effect others peoples good time.

Please please think of others

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Please try and keep the screaming down there is no need to scream fair enought clap cheer etc but screaming it gets a little much after a while.

My friends son was there last time and the screaming was that bad he had to speed most of the time with his fingers in his ears.

Also flash photography people are always told only first 5 mins but at ET people did not listen to this yes I know Peter said ok in one of his talks but I'm talking about the other times.

Before the talks people we're turning they cameras around and taking pictures of the crowd behind them and yes those flashes do really hurt your eyes.

If possiable please can you switch those silly click click off the cameras as well as it offer means people can not hear the talk for those noises on cameras.

I'm not trying to be mean to others I just want people to understand how their actions effect others peoples good time.

I personally prefer to take pics as they come on and just on occasion snap a pic every now and then but usually flash is not really needed if the room is lit up right :-). There are plenty of opportunities to take pics as they come on so no need to snap away constantly. So I do agree with what you say.

Also the screaming..that I wholeheartedly agree with, what is UP with that really? Cheering is fun and all that, as a greeting when they come onstage but the screams? Really? Please keep that to a minium...pretty please :-).

I'm really worried about this AGAIN it was pathetic last time, the guests didn't hang out at the parties cus of people chasing after them, twi proms was so cool cus of this I spoke to charlie for like ten minutes about random stuff, I never had any similar chance to do that at ET last year

BLARGH@ stalker fan girls

Could not agree more. The screaming was a bit much last time - especially annoyng when the behind the scenes clips were being shown as unlike a guest, a DVD can't stop what it's saying until the crowd calms down. It's pretty selfish, I think. As is flash photography and filming - who wants to watch the talks through someone else's viewfinder?

Hi Guys

well said i too had to leave most of the talks due to flashing...and my ears actually were buzzing from the screaming.

and glad ur using the avatar :D

I found more clips on youtube from the proms, and even though they'd be good for my website it's against the actors privacy and just SO wrong :D

I saw that too! What makes me even angrier though is when people write stuff in the clips like "Sorry for the bad filming, but we weren't allowed to film so I had to be sneaky"

What the **** :YAHOO::D

I found more clips on youtube from the proms, and even though they'd be good for my website it's against the actors privacy and just SO wrong :D

I saw that too! What makes me even angrier though is when people write stuff in the clips like "Sorry for the bad filming, but we weren't allowed to film so I had to be sneaky"

What the **** :YAHOO::D

I KNOW, I mean ahhhhh it makes me so angry, they risk us not getting a guest for future evens :o

I agree, I don't really understand why people scream anyway really... unless it's a black bear about to attack lol.

If people do it to be seen, memorised or whatever... wouldn't the ideal thing be to do be to construct a decent conversation with the guests, or ask a good question during the talks?

The proms were perfect in that respect, it's part of the reason I hope ET3 isn't bigger because it's bad enough with 800 folk.

I suppose some people will never learn, I mean I just read this disgracefully graphic fan fic written by a 38 year old woman about rpattz, it's disgraceful, they are people at the end of the day.

If I was in twilight *ha we can all wish* and I went to an event like this if people were normal with me I'd stay and party and stuff if they screamed I'd be outta there, I struggle so much to see why people can't see this.

I don't know, I just don't understand how you can...scream...when you see people. I would feel embaressed :o Like "OMGGGG AHHHHH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" hahah, I just can't see myself doing that. It's kind of crazy. The day I scream when I see someone from the Twilight cast, is the day I'll ask for help because then I know my addiction has crossed the line ^_^

I suppose some people will never learn, I mean I just read this disgracefully graphic fan fic written by a 38 year old woman about rpattz, it's disgraceful, they are people at the end of the day.

Is her age relevant? I personally find people who write fanfic about the actors rather than the characters very odd, but the fact that you noted she is 38 sounds like you think that makes it weirder than if she was younger. Is there an age limit on being a Twilight fan, or do you just mean she should be old enough to know better? (which I suppose she should, to be honest) :o

Realise I'm probably just being touchy as I'm 38 too, but us older Twilight Fans have been getting a bit of a bad rep lately - there were younger fans at Comicon San Diego saying only teens had a right to be there and calling older fans paedophiles for wanting to meet Taylor ^_^

The proms were perfect in that respect, it's part of the reason I hope ET3 isn't bigger because it's bad enough with 800 folk.

That wasnt me! ^_^

ps That would be a bit weird! I am 38, and can see Taylor Lautnor for example, as nothing more than a kid a few years older than my son.

RPattz isnt much different!

That said, when I went to Proms, all the attendees were fantastic, and you find yourself forgetting what age someone is, they are just "insert name here" :o

Edited by Rhianydd

Is her age relevant? I personally find people who write fanfic about the actors rather than the characters very odd, but the fact that you noted she is 38 sounds like you think that makes it weirder than if she was younger. Is there an age limit on being a Twilight fan, or do you just mean she should be old enough to know better? (which I suppose she should, to be honest) :o

Realise I'm probably just being touchy as I'm 38 too, but us older Twilight Fans have been getting a bit of a bad rep lately - there were younger fans at Comicon San Diego saying only teens had a right to be there and calling older fans paedophiles for wanting to meet Taylor ^_^

Put it this way the material is vulgar and about a guy she has never met and aye I meant in accordance to knowing better, my mother is 39 years old and if I saw her writing this crass material about a guy nearly half her age I'd be appalled

Edited by Crépuscule

• Showmasters Admin

I 100% agree with this no screaming.

At LFCC I went on and asked for people to not scream, but to cheer as much as they liked. Everyone did and it was sooooo much better. Hopefully us asking any will have an effect.

As for the videoing it's really hard for us to enforce. We do have crew in the room checking but people can be very sneaky. If yo usee someone doing it, please do report it to us. We will ask them to stop.

Edited by Too Tall

I 100% agree with this.

At LFCC I went on and asked for people to not scream, but to cheer as much as they liked. Everyone did and it was sooooo much better. Hopefully us asking any will have an effect.

As for the videoing it's really hard for us to enforce. We do have crew in the room checking but people can be very sneaky. If yo usee someone doing it, please do report it to us. We will ask them to stop.

Well from what I've seen it's usually the same people

• Showmasters Admin

I 100% agree with this.

Well from what I've seen it's usually the same people

Well if you can point them out that would be great. We'd know who to keep a closer eye on then.

I 100% agree with this no screaming.

Is there going to be more crew in the hall this time as I had to go out to get crew from outside a couple of times to point out to them the ones that we're filming and also the standard ticket holders who we're going in to the gold seats.

Would there be anyway a crew member could take a camera off someone who was either videoing or taking flash pics until say the end of the talk then give it back to them so they could not spoil it for others in the talk.

Just check Youtube, they did it again at the Proms!

That's what I mean, I'm taking a stand against it, I see it as part of the 'Respect Me' campaign I know it's about rpattz mainly but as far as I stand if you're filming someone who hasn't given their permission to do so it's incredibly rude

Lol you know re the screaming thing, you should have some sort of reward system... who ever stays quiet the longest gets aaaaa 15minute dance with a vampwolf ^_^!

Just make sure you do it in April, so if everyone happens to be quiet you can just say April Fooooooools :o!

With regards to the filming, i've never come across anyone filming... or any footage never looked for it... I do know though I've been sat next to people who've been close to being accused of filming just because of the way they were holding the camera, for instance we're allowed to take photos just no flash during the talks right? I get bored snapping away but if I, and most of my friends do I don't sit there like a snapity snap I'll just look at the screen with the camera on my knee and click every so often :)

I know it's obviously impossible for crew, and other people around to know whats going on but it would be nice for people to check first before they assume there's filming going on ... kinda makes you feel like you've done something wrong when you haven't :)

But after all that waffle, I don't see why people can't just follow the rules it's not that hard? x

It must be really annoying for the guests too, thinking they are not being filmed, so perhaps being a little more relaxed, then finding stuff on youtube, that they probably dont want out there.

Not good

If you get caught doing that sort of thing at gigs, you get instantly evicted.

I wonder if they would risk doing it if they thought they would miss most of ET2

Edited by Rhianydd