1st time events and activities for this years Collectormania London

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

RMC001,

Yes Collectormania has been moved to London for THIS Autumn, because as I explained it was that or NOTHING!

Your upset seems to be based on the ASSUMPTION that their will never be another Autumn Collectormania in MK! Now some how you seem to have information that I (as one of the most heavily involved people in the SM shows outside of the SM office) don't.

So can you please show me where it says that there will not be a Collectormania in MK next Autumn?

Stuart.

Edited by Too Tall

RMC001,

Yes Collectormania has been moved to London for THIS Autumn, because as I explained it was that or NOTHING!

Your upset seems to be based on the ASSUMPTION that their will never be another Autumn Collectormania in MK! Now some how you seem to have information that I (as one of the most heavily involved people in the SM shows outside of the SM office) don't.

So can you please show me where is says that there will not be a Collectormania in MK next Autumn?

Stuart.

:angel:

Thanks for your response Queen Sindell, yes I did put the other message on recently, but have been out of the country and have checked for responses, but couldn't find my original message and assumed it had been deleted, hence my message today.

I'm glad the move is not permanent, as I assumed it was.

I apologise to all about wishing the event failed, I just get very annoyed when I find a great event is to be held in a place that's awkward to get to.

Obviously I have been to many Collectormania events in the past, and what irritates me is when some celebrity I've always wanted to meet is confirmed, and then they cancel, and we see that the person will be coming to a future event, we then find that the "Future Event" is actually LFCC!

It takes a long time to save up enough money to afford to pay for the autographs, and in the case of some events such as the Midlands ones, the entrance fee. It would cost me around £100 to pay for my family and myself to travel to London by train, if I went by car I would be hit by expensive parking but on top of that I have the issue of finding a parking space!

Thanks for your response Queen Sindell, yes I did put the other message on recently, but have been out of the country and have checked for responses, but couldn't find my original message and assumed it had been deleted, hence my message today.

As you have noticed this is a very active forum and sometimes it's hard to find posts. If you click on your user name to get to your profile you have a link called "profile options" on the right. Click on that and you get the option "show all posts". That way you can look up past stuff and see if someone replied.

Obviously I have been to many Collectormania events in the past, and what irritates me is when some celebrity I've always wanted to meet is confirmed, and then they cancel, and we see that the person will be coming to a future event, we then find that the "Future Event" is actually LFCC!

It takes a long time to save up enough money to afford to pay for the autographs, and in the case of some events such as the Midlands ones, the entrance fee. It would cost me around £100 to pay for my family and myself to travel to London by train, if I went by car I would be hit by expensive parking but on top of that I have the issue of finding a parking space!

It's always bad when a guest you want to meet is coming to an event we can't make. But it can't be helped. No one can ever get to all events, and it would be quite boring to have the same guests at all events, wouldn't it? ;)

I'm living in Germany and I am coming in for events as often as I can. I pay £60 just to get to the airport. So trust me, I know about the costs and awkward venues. :YAHOO: My first Collectormania was C4 with the hobbits, and I lively remember me asking my friend: "Where the *expletive deleted* is Milton Keynes?" :angel: Meanwhile two of the National Express drivers on the Heathrow - Milton Keynes line actually recognize me. :D

Unfortunately Showmasters can't be everywhere, as much as all of us would like to have an event on their doorstep. ;)

But thanks for apologizing, and no harm done. We all said things that we later rather wouldn't have said when we got worked up. If you want me to I'll edit the post and remove the comment.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

When an event is in a place I cant go, I still hope it does well.

If an event makes SM lots of money, it means they have more to spend at events that you might be able to get to.

So even if you cant make it, the people who can are funding YOUR next event :angel:

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to add that we are creating a limited edition poster especially for the event, kinda souvenir screen print to celebrate the Collectormania shows.

This will be our first dealer table at a Collectormania show having just returned from our first ever convention where we offered up a Hallowhedon event poster:

Hallowhedonposter.jpg

We hope this new screen print will work well with the new Art and Comic section!

Both pieces have been drawn up two different American artists who work well in this field and it's a growing collectible field in the USA.

Hope to have a final draft sometime this week so I'll paste a picture up soon!

• 3 weeks later...

RMC001, sorry to drag this up but I have to put my two penneth in!!!!

You state that Milton Keynes is a more central location and easier to get to for most people, I have to disagree, much as I liked the event in the shopping centre (although I did spend far too much!), MK is far harder for me to get to by train and certainly a hideous car journey down the M1 for me.

London on the other hand, such a quick and easier train journey straight to the centre, and it's shorter than the Mk train fiasco plus theres sooo much more to do at night when the days are over at collectormania especially if you're staying over.

Anyway just my opinion from a northerner, but I do feel that the comment about hoping the event is a disaster was a bit harsh, I truly hope it's going to be amazing it certainly looks it so far from the line up!!!

Also some of the posters in the rest of this thread are FANTASTIC!! Love the Hallowhedon one :D

awesome posters! :YAHOO::YAHOO:

We are in Wales, and new to cons, but know we will have to travel to wherever they are, not anywhere near as some people have to though! :o All part of the experience, losing your voice singing along to your ipod when you drive for 3 or 4 hours lol, getting to have a weekend away :D

Havent been to CM MK yet, so looking forward to that next time thats on :D but roll on CML looks awesome all round :D

Edited by Rhianydd

awesome posters! :D:o

We are in Wales, and new to cons, but know we will have to travel to wherever they are, not anywhere near as some people have to though! :o All part of the experience, losing your voice singing along to your ipod when you drive for 3 or 4 hours lol, getting to have a weekend away :(

Havent been to CM MK yet, so looking forward to that next time thats on :D but roll on CML looks awesome all round :smile:

I don't have so far to go for CML, but looking forward to CM MK so that I can stay over for four days! Yipee!

The Hallowhedon poster is very cool, bought one at the convention and got it signed :(

Will def be buying the new one too and getting that signed as a momento :P